Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear spoiler connector

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts
Default Rear spoiler connector

A friend sent me the diagram for disconnect of the spoiler via the trunk for a 2015 F type R.. hopefully the attachment comes through.

Some members have asked me for this info.
Lawrence

Attached Thumbnails Rear spoiler connector-connector-1.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
connector 2.pdf (67.6 KB, 232 views)
The following users liked this post:
Misujerr (09-12-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Have you done this on your car yet?

Old 09-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Have you done this on your car yet?
Yes, at least a year ago and it stays down and no warning lights. I don't track it and with the road tax police trying to make quota around here, its not possible go fast enough to be an issue.
Lawrence.

Old 09-11-2017, 12:48 AM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Mulmur
Yes, at least a year ago and it stays down and no warning lights. I don't track it and with the road tax police trying to make quota around here, its not possible go fast enough to be an issue.
Lawrence.

Can you offer some clarity here. Where in the trunk is the attached graphic showing?
Just disconnect the C34L / C34M connector?
of does something also need to be done with what looks like a grounding screw?

Old 09-11-2017, 07:05 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by IronMike
Can you offer some clarity here. Where in the trunk is the attached graphic showing?
Just disconnect the C34L / C34M connector?
of does something also need to be done with what looks like a grounding screw?
I didn't do the work, the guy that supplied the diagram did and as far as I know it was the left side of the trunk.
Lawrence

Old 09-11-2017, 11:57 AM
Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts

C34L / C34M are to the left of the battery, as far as I can tell from the diagram. Can't tell if those are related to the spoiler - I'm just noting the location.

On mine I cut the wire under the spoiler and added a switch.

You do get a flashing warning when you exceed approx 120mph and speed is limited, thought that's not a problem for most.

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 09-11-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

When you guys do this, is the wing firmly stuck in place or does it freely move up and down if you try to lift it with your hand? I'm worried about the wing rattling or lifting up on bumps and since I will be mounting a fixed carbon wing on top of it, the last thing I need is that thing flopping around at speed lol.

I'm wondering if one of those wires in the above diagram controls the part where the wing comes up at 72mph and can simply be disconnected. Has anyone thought of doing that? That way everything else is still connected and you can still lift and lower the wing when pressing the interior "cleaning mode" button.

Last edited by FR500GT; 09-11-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts

Yes you could raise it, then disconnect the wire while it is in the raised position. I think as long as you don't exceed 120mph, the car doesn't get upset about it. If you push the manual button with the spoiler disconnected then it flashes.

I'm not planning to put a switch in the car.. the one in the hatch lid works fine for me.

But there are a couple options...
1) the same interrupt switch relocated nearer to the driver just to lock it into whatever position it is in. or
2) a power window switch to give you full manual control of the wing.

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 09-11-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
When you guys do this, is the wing firmly stuck in place or does it freely move up and down if you try to lift it with your hand? I'm worried about the wing rattling or lifting up on bumps and since I will be mounting a fixed carbon wing on top of it, the last thing I need is that thing flopping around at speed lol.

I'm wondering if one of those wires in the above diagram controls the part where the wing comes up at 72mph and can simply be disconnected. Has anyone thought of doing that? That way everything else is still connected and you can still lift and lower the wing when pressing the interior "cleaning mode" button.
With your first question, no, the spoiler doesn't move at all once it is disabled (which I have done), it's solidly locked down. I have tested this both by getting up to a "reasonable" (cough) speed and by trying to move it by hand when parked.

FR500GT (09-11-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 12:29 AM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by 15FTypeR
Yes you could raise it, then disconnect the wire while it is in the raised position. I think as long as you don't exceed 120mph, the car doesn't get upset about it. If you push the manual button with the spoiler disconnected then it flashes.

I'm not planning to put a switch in the car.. the one in the hatch lid works fine for me.

But there are a couple options...
1) the same interrupt switch relocated nearer to the driver just to lock it into whatever position it is in. or
2) a power window switch to give you full manual control of the wing.

Still don't recognize where this connection is. Guess I have to tear into my trunk tomorrow to take a look. Since others report this indeed disengages the spoiler, this could be a more convenient connection point to run an operable interrupt switch into the cockpit, allowing one to activate the spoiler when it might be more beneficial, at triple digit speeds.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:58 PM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Was it ever confirmed if unplugging the connector (C34L/M) in this diagram works to disable the rear spoiler with no warning lights or issues?

Old 02-16-2018, 06:41 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MI-FType
Was it ever confirmed if unplugging the connector (C34L/M) in this diagram works to disable the rear spoiler with no warning lights or issues?
Yes, it works perfectly, I did it 10 months ago and not a single issue since, see here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...7/#post1614196

MI-FType (02-17-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 04:40 PM
Received 135 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Yes, it works perfectly, I did it 10 months ago and not a single issue since, see here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...7/#post1614196
Thanks Oz, but I am a bit confused after reading your thread on how to disable the spoiler.

The OP in this thread seems to indicate that all you have to do is disconnect the plug shown in the diagram which appears to be on the left side of the trunk / wheel well area and not under the spoiler, in the motor mechanism itself. I am wondering if anyone else can confirm if this works?

Yes, I know I could try it myself, but my car is currently in storage for the winter and I am considering an aftermarket spoiler.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MI-FType
Thanks Oz, but I am a bit confused after reading your thread on how to disable the spoiler.

The OP in this thread seems to indicate that all you have to do is disconnect the plug shown in the diagram which appears to be on the left side of the trunk / wheel well area and not under the spoiler, in the motor mechanism itself. I am wondering if anyone else can confirm if this works?

Yes, I know I could try it myself, but my car is currently in storage for the winter and I am considering an aftermarket spoiler.
The plug you need to disconnect is under the spoiler, I think it is the same plug as shown in the illustrations above (in which case they are a bit misleading as to exactly where it is and how you access it), and you need to follow my how-to.