F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear SVR diffuser/valance install on R?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 03:19 AM
Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Rear SVR diffuser/valance install on R?

Question:
is it possible to install SVR lower diffuser part (instead of whole diffuser) on the R ?
I want to replace/swap just this lower part:
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...1492277504.jpg

I assume YES if only the p/n of the upper part of SVR diffuser is the same as upper part of R diffuser - can anybody check this?

Thank you

Old 12-21-2020, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Guardian
Question:
is it possible to install SVR lower diffuser part (instead of whole diffuser) on the R ?
I want to replace/swap just this lower part:
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...1492277504.jpg

I assume YES if only the p/n of the upper part of SVR diffuser is the same as upper part of R diffuser - can anybody check this?

Thank you
I would say, YES. I saw some posts on a Facebook F-Type forum that has pictures of people that have done it. I was thinking of doing the same, but cannot verify if I would need just one of these parts or both? And which one?

Anybody know...appreciate the advice.

Thanks,
DC

Old 12-21-2020, 02:26 PM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Would love to know the answer to this as well. The SVR rear valence looks a little bit more aggressive with the center part that the R is missing. Plus I want to keep the car as OEM as possible.

Old 12-21-2020, 03:16 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

i think part #8 is all you will need. part 14 is for the space underneath. the svr has two side mufflers, while the r has a big suitcase in the middle. I think part 14 is to cover the hole that the SVR would have due to the side mufflers.

Old 12-21-2020, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Luis Tellechea
i think part #8 is all you will need. part 14 is for the space underneath. the svr has two side mufflers, while the r has a big suitcase in the middle. I think part 14 is to cover the hole that the SVR would have due to the side mufflers.
Yes, you are 100% correct.
All is needed is part no. 8

Old 12-21-2020, 05:06 PM
Veteran Member

Here is one of the FB posts I remembered seeing...Guy actually updated the exhaust of a V6 and added SVR Diffuser.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7929...86051758085115

And here is another...I am thinking it may work,k and thinking I may have found a new project

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4328658&type=3

Going to have to give this some serious thought! No guarantee, but looks possible?

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 12-21-2020 at 07:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mrjohnt (12-22-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Here is one of the FB posts I remembered seeing...Guy actually updated the exhaust of a V6 and added SVR Diffuser.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7929...86051758085115

And here is another...I am thinking it may work,k and thinking I may have found a new project

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4328658&type=3

Going to have to give this some serious thought! No guarantee, but looks possible?

DC

if anyone can do it, it’s definitely you!

Old 12-22-2020, 05:02 AM

Just ordered mine but I hope Therock88 will be even faster with his outstanding DIY

The following users liked this post:
mrjohnt (12-22-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 09:25 AM
Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Just ordered mine but I hope Therock88 will be even faster with his outstanding DIY
Great, another mod I didn’t know I needed. Thanks for blazing the trail here guys, will be following with interest.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:10 AM
Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

anyone tried just sticking some plastic diffuser blades to the mid section with 3m tape? If done right it should give a factory yet customized look, for a hell lot less.

Without it does R does look like something is missing in that area.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mrjohnt
if anyone can do it, it’s definitely you!
OK...Great! Now the pressure is on Actually still researching part numbers etc., and have not ordered anything yet (Just put the car back together after Sprint Booster install, Transmission Fluid Change, and Differential Fluid Change)...Need to keep my ratio up, of 2 mods to 1 drive...Haha

I have not been able to verify yet if the valence pice is needed. It appears it may be based on different parts numbers? I will still be able to provide you with lots of help and documentation (best I can) until I get to doing mine. I have listed part numbers below, and why I think a valence 'MAY" be needed? Perhaps Guardian can confirm when he gets his part, before ordering the second piece (or not).

So when I compare F-Type R and F-Type SVR Rear Bumper parts per the images below...the two different ones are the valance and lower panel (Under Cover as they call it). I am also going to reach out to the FB guys to see if they can answer.

I will also see what Shop Manual I can acquire from my prior Auto Business and will post more here as I get it...

So the parts...I put images with color-coding...Hope this makes sense.

DC

** Likely not needed

Last edited by Therock88; 12-22-2020 at 10:39 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Therock88:
madmax1911 (12-22-2020), mrjohnt (12-22-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 11:37 AM

OK...Great! Now the pressure is on Actually still researching part numbers etc., and have not ordered anything yet (Just put the car back together after Sprint Booster install, Transmission Fluid Change, and Differential Fluid Change)...Need to keep my ratio up, of 2 mods to 1 drive...Haha

I have not been able to verify yet if the valence pice is needed. It appears it may be based on different parts numbers? I will still be able to provide you with lots of help and documentation (best I can) until I get to doing mine. I have listed part numbers below, and why I think a valence 'MAY" be needed? Perhaps Guardian can confirm when he gets his part, before ordering the second piece (or not).

So when I compare F-Type R and F-Type SVR Rear Bumper parts per the images below...the two different ones are the valance and lower panel (Under Cover as they call it). I am also going to reach out to the FB guys to see if they can answer.

I will also see what Shop Manual I can acquire from my prior Auto Business and will post more here as I get it...

So the parts...I put images with color-coding...Hope this makes sense.

DC

** Likely not needed
Thanks again fellas! Let us know what happens. I need a winter project. Hopefully it’s not too costly?

Old 12-22-2020, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Ray
anyone tried just sticking some plastic diffuser blades to the mid section with 3m tape? If done right it should give a factory yet customized look, for a hell lot less.

Without it does R does look like something is missing in that area.
I’ve seen this done on an R for sale on eBay in Illinois. I thought it was an aftermarket valence and upon further examination, it was those plastic fin pieces you can get on eBay. Honestly looked fine until you examine the pictures better. one fin was crooked and it looked difficult to line up flush with the edge of the valence. Wish I kept the pictures. Feel free to give it a shot?! They are priced pretty cheap.

Old 12-22-2020, 12:13 PM
Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

I’ve seen this done on an R for sale on eBay in Illinois. I thought it was an aftermarket valence and upon further examination, it was those plastic fin pieces you can get on eBay. Honestly looked fine until you examine the pictures better. one fin was crooked and it looked difficult to line up flush with the edge of the valence. Wish I kept the pictures. Feel free to give it a shot?! They are priced pretty cheap.

any link? I think the hard part is matching the curvature to the mounting surface.

Old 12-22-2020, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks again fellas! Let us know what happens. I need a winter project. Hopefully it’s not too costly?
Well...If you just need the Under Cover Panel...The list is ~ $795 (can get it for under $600 ish). If the Valence is also required, it adds ~$720 List (available for less than $550). I would estimate the painting to match to be around ~$350.

So retail ~ $1965 with shipping and painting. And likely around ~ $1200 based on available discounted pricing. Waiting to hear back from a guy on FB to see if 1 or both parts are needed...Then I may order. I have only spent ~ $16,000 on upgrades and maintenance so far this year, so why not

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 12-22-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ray Ray
any link? I think the hard part is matching the curvature to the mounting surface.
Yes...I have experimented with a couple of sacrificial Corvette Diffusers and really hard to trim the curvature perfectly (not enough for my taste anyway). It can be done, but I think the SVR will yield a more professional look. I may keep tinkering with the Vette ones too for fun until I run out of donors.

DC

Old 12-22-2020, 12:45 PM

Well...If you just need the Under Cover Panel...The list is ~ $795 (can get it for under $600 ish). If the Valence is also required, it adds ~$720 List (available for less than $550). I would estimate the painting to match to be around ~$350.

So retail ~ $1965 with shipping and painting. And likely around ~ $1200 based on available discounted pricing. Waiting to hear back from a guy on FB to see if 1 or both parts are needed...Then I may order. I have only spent ~ $16,000 on upgrades and maintenance so far this year, so why not

DC
I’m ok with this pricing considering genuine parts, near perfect fitment, and requires no modification. I’m not ok spending over $1000 plus for a carbon fiber rear valence that would fit terrible and/or crack over time and require another $1000 in bodywork just to make it look good. I had a Vorsteiner valence on the C63 and it fit terrible and cracked. Never again!

Old 12-22-2020, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

I’m ok with this pricing considering genuine parts, near perfect fitment, and requires no modification. I’m not ok spending over $1000 plus for a carbon fiber rear valence that would fit terrible and/or crack over time and require another $1000 in bodywork just to make it look good. I had a Vorsteiner valence on the C63 and it fit terrible and cracked. Never again!
Agree. That Vorsteiner (and many other aftermarkets) stuff is crap! And way overpriced. Dealt with the same issue on my 997 TT and Boxster S... And just like the Project 7 Grille and Sport Rear Wing on the F-Type, it all fits perfectly, and the Auto Body shops have no issues painting them to perfection!

DC

Old 12-22-2020, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member

Since one or more of you will likely beat me to this project, and I will not be able to complete a DIY beforehand, I have pulled some basic shop manual info on rear bumpers together and put it on my shared drive, which I hope will help some.

Good luck.

DC

INFO HERE

Old 12-22-2020, 03:34 PM

Agree. That Vorsteiner (and many other aftermarkets) stuff is crap! And way overpriced. Dealt with the same issue on my 997 TT and Boxster S... And just like the Project 7 Grille and Sport Rear Wing on the F-Type, it all fits perfectly, and the Auto Body shops have no issues painting them to perfection!

DC
Off topic question DC, you seem to have a wealth of knowledge on the Ftype, what do you think about the 400 Sport front splitter under the front bumper? Do you think that would fit? It has been asked before with no real responses.

Quick Reply: Rear SVR diffuser/valance install on R?