Sponsored by:

Rear SVR diffuser/valance install on R?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 01:54 AM
Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by WayneB
I installed a P7 Diffuser
May I ask where did you buy it?
There are some Chinese knock-offs on Aliexpress, but they don't look exactly like yours.

The following users liked this post:
JgaXkr (02-22-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 09:53 AM
Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Guardian
May I ask where did you buy it?
There are some Chinese knock-offs on Aliexpress, but they don't look exactly like yours.
It's an OEM Jaguar P7 Diffuser not a knock-off. You need need a P7 VIN number and a dealer willing to sell it to you and good luck with that, it's getting much harder now.

Old 02-21-2021, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Great...Whatever works for you or anyone else is fine. This is just how I did it. I am 6'4" and weigh ~230 lbs., and lift weights ~6 days a week...Plus my car is lowered...So no way in hell I can fit under or reach under the car without lifting it up a bit.

But again...everyone can do whatever works for them. Sounds like from your experience, others may be able to do it without lifting it...So maybe some should give it a shot.

Take care,
DC
Yea, it would be tough under a lowered car and you are quite a bit larger that I am. Anyone contemplating this should probably read your excellent DIY first then just poke there head under the rear of their car to check out where the bolts are and if they can easily reach them? You don't need to crawl under the car just get your head under far enough to see the bolts and reach them comfortably from the rear. If the car is too low you could back it up on some 2X8s or low profile ramps and that should be sufficient, it shouldn't take much and I didn't need to do that.
The hardest part on mine was, I had to grind down and trim some of the molded Carbon Fiber tabs to fit in the slots on the car, so that took some trial fitting. It also helps to have 2 people when putting on the new diffuser to line up all the tabs all the way across the back of the car, I was worried about the possibility of twisting the carbon fiber diffuser and cracking or breaking it (The OEM P7 diffuser is all Carbon Fiber and it's really light).

Old 02-21-2021, 12:47 PM
Thumbs up

It's an OEM Jaguar P7 Diffuser not a knock-off. You need need a P7 VIN number and a dealer willing to sell it to you and good luck with that, it's getting much harder now.
That had to be very expensive purchase indeed.

Old 02-21-2021, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Yea, it would be tough under a lowered car and you are quite a bit larger that I am. Anyone contemplating this should probably read your excellent DIY first then just poke there head under the rear of their car to check out where the bolts are and if they can easily reach them? You don't need to crawl under the car just get your head under far enough to see the bolts and reach them comfortably from the rear. If the car is too low you could back it up on some 2X8s or low profile ramps and that should be sufficient, it shouldn't take much and I didn't need to do that.
The hardest part on mine was, I had to grind down and trim some of the molded Carbon Fiber tabs to fit in the slots on the car, so that took some trial fitting. It also helps to have 2 people when putting on the new diffuser to line up all the tabs all the way across the back of the car, I was worried about the possibility of twisting the carbon fiber diffuser and cracking or breaking it (The OEM P7 diffuser is all Carbon Fiber and it's really light).
Originally Posted by Guardian
That had to be very expensive purchase indeed.
The P7 Diffuser looks really good BTW. From what I found, that panel alone is ~ $1700 USD - List is ~ $2400 USD...That Carbon Fiber is made out of real people

DC

The following 3 users liked this post by Therock88:
JgaXkr (02-22-2021), mrjohnt (02-22-2021), WayneB (02-22-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 03:04 PM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

The P7 Diffuser looks really good BTW. From what I found, that panel alone is ~ $1700 USD - List is ~ $2400 USD...That Carbon Fiber is made out of real people

DC

a quick google search of the part number suggests the valence is widely available?

I’ll be waiting for your order and install DC

Old 02-22-2021, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mrjohnt
a quick google search of the part number suggests the valence is widely available?

I’ll be waiting for your order and install DC
Easy there! ⏸ I am going to have to enjoy this SVR one for a while, before I go tearing it apart again 😉

DC

Old 02-24-2021, 09:02 AM
Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Wow, well done DC and Wayne, both look outstanding.
Definitely going to place this on the to do list.
Might be a while since Mother Nature decided to destroy my entire landscaping with record breaking freezing. I don’t know how you guys deal with snow and ice all winter but 3 days of it took my part of Texas to it’s knees.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by madmax1911
Wow, well done DC and Wayne, both look outstanding.
Definitely going to place this on the to do list.
Might be a while since Mother Nature decided to destroy my entire landscaping with record breaking freezing. I don’t know how you guys deal with snow and ice all winter but 3 days of it took my part of Texas to it’s knees.
Thanks....And sorry to hear about your landscaping. I get you on the winters too! I am from New Orleans....Have lived here for a long time now, but still mostly hate the winters, but no real options except to visit the south during winter! This one has been brutal also, even for north standards...Many days in a row and even weeks with subzero temps is no fun.

The only saving grace, is the infrastructure etc. here is made for the cold for the most part. I recall when I lived in New Orleans area, it just got below freezing for a couple nights straight, and ALL of my palms in my landscaping died...~$1500 each for many of them....That was fun!

Good luck with the restoration!

DC

Old 02-24-2021, 10:53 AM

Thank You Max,
At least it's only your landscaping that's damaged and not your house but sorry to hear that.
I'm originally from the from the MidWest (Northern Ohio) so I'm very familiar with the winters there. I moved to CA in my late 20s many years ago and I don't miss the winters, I think we have the best weather in the country around here, we can go the beach pretty much year round and if I want snow we just drive a couple hours into the Sierra's (I used to snow ski a lot). So out door activities are almost unlimited year round. The biggest problem here is the weather is too good, not enough rain, so we have drought and bad wild fires and the occasional earthquake Every place has it's pluses and minuses. Best of luck to you and your neighbors.

Old 02-26-2021, 06:35 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi DC

can you give us some advice on where to order discounted Jaguar parts ?
The Jaguar dealer near my home in Canada is a real jerk as if ordering any parts other than those for my actual car is a crime.

I am in Tampa on vacation and the dealer here has no problem me ordering SVR or blacked out parts but all at List prices in USD of course.

I would like to order the SVR slotted hood louvres and the black instead of chrome lettering for the rear of my F Type R.

Thank you
Paul

Old 02-26-2021, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Phantomf4collector
Hi DC

can you give us some advice on where to order discounted Jaguar parts ?
The Jaguar dealer near my home in Canada is a real jerk as if ordering any parts other than those for my actual car is a crime.

I am in Tampa on vacation and the dealer here has no problem me ordering SVR or blacked out parts but all at List prices in USD of course.

I would like to order the SVR slotted hood louvres and the black instead of chrome lettering for the rear of my F Type R.

Thank you
Paul
Hi,

I have found good prices online from various sites, depending on the part. I have used Harper Jaguar, Hilton Head Jaguar, Suburban, and BritCar

Give those a try, and good luck.
DC

Last edited by Therock88; 02-27-2021 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:27 AM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks DC
Much appreciated !

Old 02-27-2021, 06:53 PM

DC

Hi DC,
I didn't double check your work here, but someone asked me to double check in an email. So that is the part number for the standard stock valance. The number for the Project 7 Valance is T2R19133 at over twice that price if you can find it. Mine wasn't quite that high but then I bought it quite a few years ago. But hey looks like quite the sale going on here if they actually have it and will sell it to you? you could also try Geoff at https://www.adamesh.co.uk/ they have some really good deals on Jag parts.

Panel-Valance - Jaguar (T2R19133)

No image available
  • List Price: $5,850.00
  • You Save: $1,743.30 (29.80% off)
  • Sale Price: $4,106.70

mrjohnt (03-01-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I have found good prices online from various sites, depending on the part. I have used Harper Jaguar, Hilton Head Jaguar, Suburban, and BritCar

Give those a try, and good luck.
DC
Hey brother....GREAT post been following your work. I was actually about to buy a Piecha rear diffuser, untill a saw your post. Do you know if this Valance (svr) will work on a 2016 type R? not sure what year yours was....I think the part number listed says 2017 and forward.
thanks,
Pete

Old 02-28-2021, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by meathead77
Hey brother....GREAT post been following your work. I was actually about to buy a Piecha rear diffuser, untill a saw your post. Do you know if this Valance (svr) will work on a 2016 type R? not sure what year yours was....I think the part number listed says 2017 and forward.
thanks,
Pete
Thanks...It should fit, as the upper valence part numbers for 2016 R and 2017 R appear to be the same.

DC

For the upper valence:

Last edited by Therock88; 02-28-2021 at 08:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Therock88:
meathead77 (03-01-2021), mrjohnt (03-01-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 04:41 PM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi DC,
I didn't double check your work here, but someone asked me to double check in an email. So that is the part number for the standard stock valance. The number for the Project 7 Valance is T2R19133 at over twice that price if you can find it. Mine wasn't quite that high but then I bought it quite a few years ago. But hey looks like quite the sale going on here if they actually have it and will sell it to you? you could also try Geoff at https://www.adamesh.co.uk/ they have some really good deals on Jag parts.

Panel-Valance - Jaguar (T2R19133)

No image available
  • List Price: $5,850.00
  • You Save: $1,743.30 (29.80% off)
  • Sale Price: $4,106.70
good info Wayne. Guess I’m going the SVR route. It was wishful thinking

Old 03-09-2021, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if this is appropriate to post here but seems like everyone on this thread is much better versed in diffusers and p7 parts than I am. This is not my set up I’ve included the owners Instagram at the top left but my question is about this diffuser, is this just a project 7 diffuser ? Because I can’t find any thing about it or anything in the after market scene quite as clean and “low profile” I love the aesthetic of this set up and am looking to do something similar of my white 2017 r awd, reached out to the guy via ig but he’s not very active so no reply. I apologize if this is not a good place to ask but figured someone here might know or be able to point me in a direction.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member

Everything you asked is right above your post. What else are you looking for?

Thomas keal (03-09-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Thomas keal
Not sure if this is appropriate to post here but seems like everyone on this thread is much better versed in diffusers and p7 parts than I am. This is not my set up I’ve included the owners Instagram at the top left but my question is about this diffuser, is this just a project 7 diffuser ? Because I can’t find any thing about it or anything in the after market scene quite as clean and “low profile” I love the aesthetic of this set up and am looking to do something similar of my white 2017 r awd, reached out to the guy via ig but he’s not very active so no reply. I apologize if this is not a good place to ask but figured someone here might know or be able to point me in a direction.

This diffuser is from Aliexpress - not original P7

blgN8 (11-19-2022)

Quick Reply: Rear SVR diffuser/valance install on R?