F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

receommendations for spacers

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 10:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default receommendations for spacers

Hi there, I have a 2015 F-Type S and am looking for recommendations on spacers to create a more aggressive look. (I don't want to lower the car because it already scrapes the bottom sometimes when exiting some parking lots, even when I take it at an angle.) I figure I would have spacers installed when I switch out the summer tires for winter ones. For anyone with spacers, what size spacers do you recommend? 15 mm or 20 mm? I am thinking 10 mm may be too subtle? Any recommendations on where to order from? Thanks in advance!

Old 09-26-2020, 11:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

The first thing you need to decide is are you willing / able to cut or grind approx 3 mm off all the wheel studs?
Coz with 15 mm spacers there is only one OEM F-Type wheel where this is not necessary - the Blade wheel - and judging by your pic you do not have Blade wheels.
Assuming you do not have Blade wheels then you have two choices - either fit at least 17 mm spacers or cut/grind the studs so 15 mm spacers will fit.
There are heaps of relatively cheap 15 mm spacers out there for the F-Type, but not a helluva lot of 17 mm spacers and they cost a fair bit more than the 15 mm ones.
Heaps of 20 mm spacers as well but arguably they are a little too wide.
I have 15 mm spacers (with Blade wheels) on my 2014 F-Type S and I reckon it is perfect.
Decisions decisions!

Old 09-27-2020, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Underscoring what Oz said: 20mm under extreme circumstances will rub even without lowering the suspension. 15mm and 17mm adaptors are the proper way to go under the considerations that Oz specified. 10mm adaptors won't work and 10mm spacers require longer studs, a major hassle to replace.

Old 09-29-2020, 12:18 AM
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

Speaking from previous experience.. don't do longer studs. Much easier to snap. I had to do the job at least 4 times on my G35 over the years.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys.I am not at all handy with this stuff and won't be doing it myself. Basically I am going to try to find a shop around Chicago to install it. So it sounds like 17 mm spacers are the way to go to avoid cutting/grinding the studs. I don't mind paying a bit more to have it done properly. Does anyone have any recommendations on 17 mm spacers to order or a good wheel shop in the Chicagoland area?

Old 10-07-2020, 04:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a recommended brand of spacers to get? I have a 2020 R with blade wheels but have always been worried about changing how the car handles or moves by adding these.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:30 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Soupi888
Is there a recommended brand of spacers to get? I have a 2020 R with blade wheels but have always been worried about changing how the car handles or moves by adding these.
I have Blade wheels and fitted 15 mm spacers all round over three years ago now and zero problems. No detrimental effects on ride, handling or grip and it improves the stance around 1000%.
I have these "cheap Chinese Teeze" ones and IMHO they are just as good as the expensive "brand" ones (eg H&R) at half or less the price: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3274...2-c19820e34402

The following 2 users liked this post by OzXFR:
Soupi888 (10-07-2020), Taylorguy74 (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 06:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by myshao
Thanks guys.I am not at all handy with this stuff and won't be doing it myself. Basically I am going to try to find a shop around Chicago to install it. So it sounds like 17 mm spacers are the way to go to avoid cutting/grinding the studs. I don't mind paying a bit more to have it done properly. Does anyone have any recommendations on 17 mm spacers to order or a good wheel shop in the Chicagoland area?
Originally Posted by Soupi888
These guys custom make really good quality aluminum - hub centric adapters that fit perfectly. A picture of the 15mm on my car below. Good luck.

DC

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/

Old 10-07-2020, 07:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
These guys custom make really good quality aluminum - hub centric adapters that fit perfectly. A picture of the 15mm on my car below. Good luck.

DC

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/

I used these adaptors for a couple years before I had the custom wheels built with the proper offset. Definitely, a quality product.

The following users liked this post:
David Meier (05-25-2021)
Old 10-07-2020, 09:15 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I have Blade wheels and fitted 15 mm spacers all round over three years ago now and zero problems. No detrimental effects on ride, handling or grip and it improves the stance around 1000%.
I have these "cheap Chinese Teeze" ones and IMHO they are just as good as the expensive "brand" ones (eg H&R) at half or less the price: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3274...2-c19820e34402
Same here - black spacers behind Blade wheels. Can't tell they are even there other than the engraved name. Thumbs up for the Teeze - zero issues.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:12 AM
Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

What did you eventually go with on these? I am looking at a similar situation (same wheels I think) so I am interested.

Old 05-31-2021, 03:24 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/market/247231

got some for sale. had them on my car for 4 months. ended up getting BC forged wheels

Old 12-13-2022, 01:26 PM
Cgo
Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I have these "cheap Chinese Teeze" ones and IMHO they are just as good as the expensive "brand" ones (eg H&R) at half or less the price:
I have a have a 2021 R with the 10 spoke wheels. Any idea what rear spacers would work without having to trim studs?

Old 12-13-2022, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cgo
I have a have a 2021 R with the 10 spoke wheels. Any idea what rear spacers would work without having to trim studs?
Plenty of other threads and posts about spacers for the F-Type but we have learned that the Blade wheels are the only ones which work with 15 mm or thinner spacers without having to trim the studs, and for other wheels you need at least 17 mm thick spacers. Since that last post of mine I bought 20 mm Teeze spacers for the rear and they are just right to bring the rear wheels/tyres out flush with the rear guards, but not so much as to cause any rubbing. That's with VAP springs and stock 295/30ZR20 tyres, from memory if you have lower springs such as H&R and 305 rear tyres (stock for a 21 R???) then 20 mm rear spacers will cause some rubbing but 17 mm should be OK.
20 mm spacers are common but 17 mm are not.

Old 12-14-2022, 11:31 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

just buy my rims instead xD

Old 12-14-2022, 06:39 PM
Received 190 Likes on 120 Posts

Just had my Motorsport Tech wheel adapters installed today [15mm fronts and 17mm rears]. Like everybody else, the non-threaded portion of the studs needed to be trimmed. The tires definitely seem more appropriately positioned giving the car a more aggressive stance. I am not sure whether I would go 17mm on the rears had I to do it again, but maybe I would not be able to tell the difference one way or another.

The lowering springs and the wheel adapters have really improved the appearance of the car [which I could see in pictures from others], but what I was not expecting is how much lowering the car would decrease the sensation of body roll when cornering [a combination of lower center of gravity and stiffer springs]. It makes an amazing car that much more fun to drive!

Old 12-14-2022, 09:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by synthesis
Just had my Motorsport Tech wheel adapters installed today [15mm fronts and 17mm rears]. Like everybody else, the non-threaded portion of the studs needed to be trimmed. The tires definitely seem more appropriately positioned giving the car a more aggressive stance. I am not sure whether I would go 17mm on the rears had I to do it again, but maybe I would not be able to tell the difference one way or another.

The lowering springs and the wheel adapters have really improved the appearance of the car [which I could see in pictures from others], but what I was not expecting is how much lowering the car would decrease the sensation of body roll when cornering [a combination of lower center of gravity and stiffer springs]. It makes an amazing car that much more fun to drive!
What lowering springs do you have?

Old 12-14-2022, 10:56 PM
Cgo

Originally Posted by SaidTheRogue
just buy my rims instead xD
been looking at wheels, but really don't want to lower the car. I've lowered other cars and the roads where I live suck a$$. Plus, with all the dynamic crap, it costs an arm and a leg. Rather not do it myself with all the electronic gizmos and all wheel drive. I'll try to find some 17mm.

Old 12-14-2022, 10:57 PM
Cgo

why not sure about the 17mm in the rear?

Old 12-14-2022, 11:28 PM
Cgo

Thanks for the info. I just ordered the spacers. Do they come with the nuts to bolt the spacer to the hub?

Quick Reply: receommendations for spacers