F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendation on picking up F-Type- Hold out for Manual S? or Settle for non-S?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 12:27 AM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by arachnyd
Unfortunately you convinced me to hold out and wait for an S.

If I get my first 3 + S, then most of the rest are taken care of.... so I'll hold out for it.
I was so tempted by this one: https://lancastercarco.com/inventory...jaguar-f-type/
It LOOKS perfect, just lacking what I want under the hood!

Thanks for convincing me not to buy this one
Regarding the car above, I’d want the S as well not for the added power but for the LSD and the other things that go with it (not sure what they are) and the non S does not have the active exhaust. Also, I’d be a stickler for the performance seats and not the standard sport seats.

Here is a link to an orange one; i think its got every single option but it has the automatic but its sweet. Other thing is its in California and shipping might take you to the cleaners. (Make sure its an actual shipping company and not a broker). It was driven by a fellow’s mother (senior driven) and only has 17000 miles. Campbell is a pretty high browed town if that matters and chances are its very well taken care of. Apologies in advance for any perceived offense. I too wanted a manual but I found the 8 speed to be quite awesome. Have you driven one? I didn’t know my car had the vision pack but its a Godsend. Wouldn’t have an FType without it.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...030777470.html

Old 12-16-2019, 09:24 AM
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
The reason you are having issues finding the right MT is the simple fact that few were ever produced (only about 1000 for the US). Factor into that possibly an unpopular color (green), you’re facing a configuration that someone would most likely have custom ordered as dealers will avoid taking such colors on speculation. Owners with the patience to custom order generally will hold onto their cars.
That said, someone on the forum previously was looking for that specific configuration, (BRG, Vert, MT). I can’t remember whether S was a part of the requirements. It took 5+ months, but we eventually found it. (However, he/she never responded when notified)
I found the car that they wanted and actually texted them and got in contact with the person who wanted it, but he told me that he had gotten impatient and bought an Aston Martin Vantage