Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Refinishing 20" Blade Wheel Lips - Orange County CA Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017 | 12:04 AM
|
Question Refinishing 20" Blade Wheel Lips - Orange County CA Recommendation

Hi Everyone,

This is now the second time that I've purchased wheels for a car I don't even have in my possession yet. Years ago I purchased a rare set of Advan Ver 2's before I got my 3rd Gen LS1 swapped RX7 home. (I ended up switching them out for wider and lighter CCW Classics).

Now, I've purchased a set of 20" Blade wheels, which are my favorite stock F-Type wheels, and I pick my Caldera Red F-Type Base up on Saturday. These wheels rarely hit the market, but the lips have some curb rash that I want to take care of to get them looking perfect.

Has anyone refinished their Blade wheel lips and if so, can they let me know what I should expect to pay? 2 of the lips have slightly more rash than the others. I'm moving to Orange County, California -- any mobile pros or shop recommendations are helpful! Also, this is my only car; can you fit 4 wheels in a coupe so I can take them to a tire place? Daily driver life

Thanks!

Old 12-04-2017 | 01:14 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ClosingTime
Has anyone refinished their Blade wheel lips and if so, can they let me know what I should expect to pay?
Welcome to the forum! You can expect to pay $125-150 to recondition each wheel.

The following users liked this post:
ClosingTime (12-05-2017)
Old 12-04-2017 | 01:20 AM
Veteran Member

I curbed one of the rear Blade's a few months ago, cost me $200 AU to get it refurbed.
When I had my previous Coventry Whitley rear wheels refurbed about 18 months earlier by the same firm it was $100 each. Which tells me that the Blades cost a bit more than "normal" wheels to refurb, so expect to pay a fair bit.
And no, you cannot fit four 20" wheels with tyres in an F-Type coupe let alone a 'vert, at best in the coupe you can fit one in the hatch and one on the front seat.

The following users liked this post:
ClosingTime (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017 | 12:17 AM
|

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Welcome to the forum! You can expect to pay $125-150 to recondition each wheel.
Thanks! It's great to be here. I'll post some photos after I pick the car up. $125-150 is reasonable per wheel.

Old 12-05-2017 | 12:21 AM
|

Originally Posted by OzXFR
I curbed one of the rear Blade's a few months ago, cost me $200 AU to get it refurbed.
When I had my previous Coventry Whitley rear wheels refurbed about 18 months earlier by the same firm it was $100 each. Which tells me that the Blades cost a bit more than "normal" wheels to refurb, so expect to pay a fair bit.
And no, you cannot fit four 20" wheels with tyres in an F-Type coupe let alone a 'vert, at best in the coupe you can fit one in the hatch and one on the front seat.
They must have seen the carbon fiber and thought you could afford the extra $$. They're worth it and will look great on my car once fixed.
I had a feeling about only fitting 2 wheels. They're getting shipped to me without tires, which will save a few inches of space, but it looks like I'll be making 2 trips to the tire place. Thanks again.