F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote climate control not available

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 03:03 AM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry remote climate control not available

this is a new one. I posted the rear l/r tail lights fuse location a few posts up and received some great advice. I just went to start the car with the remote app. it contacted the vehicle but the remote climate page has the start button grayed out, if i press it a pop up occurs that says you have reached the time limit for remote climate. it will become available when the vehicle is next used. WTF?

I really hate this app. It takes me 3 seconds to start my American cars and as long as 45 minutes with the remote app if the network is busy. plus i don't have to enter a code. the fastest the app will start is 20 seconds with a dozen key strokes. I also cannot find anywhere who wrote it to contact them to tell them how to code a good app. they skipped the user interface session where you meet with real users.

anyway to overcome this lock out?

Jag should offer both a starter on the keys and a remote. another issue is i can't use it with my dog in the car. i always leave the windows partially down and turn on the remote start with my other cars. The jag makes me close all windows or it won't start. another user unfriendly piece of code. i could go on and on as it is the only thing i really hate that irritates me.

The following users liked this post:
FLRRS (11-01-2020)
Old 10-31-2020, 04:25 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Lane
this is a new one. I posted the rear l/r tail lights fuse location a few posts up and received some great advice. I just went to start the car with the remote app. it contacted the vehicle but the remote climate page has the start button grayed out, if i press it a pop up occurs that says you have reached the time limit for remote climate. it will become available when the vehicle is next used. WTF?

I really hate this app. It takes me 3 seconds to start my American cars and as long as 45 minutes with the remote app if the network is busy. plus i don't have to enter a code. the fastest the app will start is 20 seconds with a dozen key strokes. I also cannot find anywhere who wrote it to contact them to tell them how to code a good app. they skipped the user interface session where you meet with real users.

anyway to overcome this lock out?

Jag should offer both a starter on the keys and a remote. another issue is i can't use it with my dog in the car. i always leave the windows partially down and turn on the remote start with my other cars. The jag makes me close all windows or it won't start. another user unfriendly piece of code. i could go on and on as it is the only thing i really hate that irritates me.
The remote start is available for up to 4 days from when you last drove it, after that you're stuck with doing it manually in the car. You can avoid it to some extent by setting the Wakeup Timer to the day you want to remote start (if you know it|), but you have to do that within 48 hours of driving the car. I agree the timeouts are annoying but, hey, it's a great car, we have to forgive it a few foibles!

Old 10-31-2020, 04:37 AM
Received 297 Likes on 165 Posts

Last edited by malbec; 10-31-2020 at 04:48 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:09 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have an iPhone you can set it up to use facial recognition instead of entering a code. I wonder if there was some type of joint effort between Ford Motors and JLR in creating this system? Back is 2014 the Ford app and JLR app where almost identical, over the years they have diverged but there are still a lot of similarities including the need to set a wake up command to prevent the car from going into a deep sleep.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:22 AM
Banned
Received 425 Likes on 291 Posts

I still don't understand why Jaguar didn't include remote start on the FOB--perhaps in addition to InControl app.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:05 AM
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I agree. When I first show my Jag to friends they of course want to hear that engine come to life. They are flabbergasted when I have to manually open the door, get in the car, foot on brake, and push start. And since I don't have any feasible explanation for it, they think Jag has lost it's mind - or is still stuck in the 80s. Not a huge deal to me personally, but If nothing else, I think it's poor brand imaging. Why would you NOT have remote start (via fob) on a car this expensive and feature laden??

Old 10-31-2020, 09:08 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fujicoupe
I still don't understand why Jaguar didn't include remote start on the FOB--perhaps in addition to InControl app.
I think that is an European regulation . I have never seen an auto start key Fob available on European Automobile brand as far as I know. I was able to purchase a third party add on module for my Audi that added this feature but I needed to leave a key with the module for it to operate . Works like the SmartTOP module that allows you to open and close the convertible top on our Jag using a series of key strokes from the key fob.

Old 10-31-2020, 11:35 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by BenFT
... the need to set a wake up command to prevent the car from going into a deep sleep.
On a pedantic point, the wake up command takes it out of deep sleep, it doesn't prevent the sleep from occurring.

Old 10-31-2020, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

Our '17 Maserati Ghibli S has remote start, as did our'14. So not a European thing.

Old 10-31-2020, 02:37 PM
Banned
Received 325 Likes on 236 Posts

Whilst I have experienced occasional non functioning of remote start, I find remote start generally works quite well, although there are two apps on Android, either can be used.

It could be impacted by network performance, I live in UK.

I find those who are impressed by remote start are more impressed that it can be commanded to start from a much larger distance than the key fob range.

Last edited by Paul_59; 10-31-2020 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Received 115 Likes on 66 Posts

Agree, I didnt renew my subscription to all that nonsense it sounds good at the dealer, but in reality its worthless.

Old 10-31-2020, 05:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 19FRG
Agree, I didnt renew my subscription to all that nonsense it sounds good at the dealer, but in reality its worthless.
Obviously the value you place on the remote app is individual, but it's much more than remote start, it has remote lock and unlock, vehicle location, directions to where it's parked, journey logging

Old 11-01-2020, 12:56 AM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not referring to the 4 day wake up issue. I am citing what occurred after I used remote start 3 times in 1 day! You can manually start my car but the remote start won't work as it gives that pop up you have reached the time limit for remote climate. it will become available when the vehicle is next used..

and today it says sorry, an error has occurred please try later.. even though I have full strength ATT cellular and wireless. go figure....

Old 11-01-2020, 05:42 AM
Received 115 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_59
Obviously the value you place on the remote app is individual, but it's much more than remote start, it has remote lock and unlock, vehicle location, directions to where it's parked, journey logging
Vehicle location. The Joe Biden option.

The following users liked this post:
BenFT (11-01-2020)
Old 11-01-2020, 09:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 19FRG
Vehicle location. The Joe Biden option.
Not used because I forgot where I parked it but useful to find the shortest route back to my car in a location I am unfamiliar with.

Old 11-02-2020, 03:22 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_59
Whilst I have experienced occasional non functioning of remote start, I find remote start generally works quite well, although there are two apps on Android, either can be used.
I find those who are impressed by remote start are more impressed that it can be commanded to start from a much larger distance than the key fob range.
Ours has always worked quite well. To impress her when she first got it, I started my wife's F Pace from the Middle East. She didn't care much for that bit of trickery though....

The following 2 users liked this post by JacksonvilleJag:
Paul_59 (11-02-2020), scm (11-02-2020)