F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing R badge from front grille without removing bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 09:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Removing R badge from front grille without removing bumper

Does anyone know if it's possible on a 2023 MY? How is it attached? I know there's a bracket and a sticker/adhesive - it's the bracket I'd like to remove entirely.

Trying to make the car "clean" with no badging except black Jaguar lettering + leaper on the trunk, F-Type on the rear (in black), and growler on the front grille.

The following 3 users liked this post by skyy_0:
jcb-memphis (06-25-2023), Polyesterpig (06-25-2023), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (06-24-2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 08:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looks like effort needed

Originally Posted by skyy_0
Does anyone know if it's possible on a 2023 MY? How is it attached? I know there's a bracket and a sticker/adhesive - it's the bracket I'd like to remove entirely.

Trying to make the car "clean" with no badging except black Jaguar lettering + leaper on the trunk, F-Type on the rear (in black), and growler on the front grille.
Appears to be two torx screws. As for getting to them? Thats the tricky part, I was looking at removing mine, then grew bored of the idea after looking for potential access points.
Lazy’d out of the idea basically.
It is literally the only remaining “chrome” on my car lol. 16 R Coupe.
Maybe from up top if plastics are removed?
One day I’ll get to it… gotta finish the Harley build first…
Let me know if you find an easy way to do it.

Old 06-25-2023, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kayla_J
Appears to be two torx screws. As for getting to them? Thats the tricky part, I was looking at removing mine, then grew bored of the idea after looking for potential access points.
Lazy’d out of the idea basically.
It is literally the only remaining “chrome” on my car lol. 16 R Coupe.
Maybe from up top if plastics are removed?
One day I’ll get to it… gotta finish the Harley build first…
Let me know if you find an easy way to do it.

Do you know what size torx? Something like this should be able to get to it I think:

https://a.co/d/doWm8G8

Old 06-25-2023, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

There is already an entire thread on this question, start here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...1/#post1416398
Started off as a question about removing the grille S badge but then branched off into removing the R badge, but AFAICT the mounting plates and method are pretty much identical so removal would be the same.
Some debate over whether the only way is to remove the front bumper from the car and some reckon it can be done without doing so.
The second to last post in that thread, post #31 here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...1/#post2420590 claims that you can unbolt the badge after removing the LHS headlight, and I don't doubt that claim. I have removed both headlights (to replace the globes) and it's not difficult.

Old 06-25-2023, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
There is already an entire thread on this question, start here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...1/#post1416398
Started off as a question about removing the grille S badge but then branched off into removing the R badge, but AFAICT the mounting plates and method are pretty much identical so removal would be the same.
Some debate over whether the only way is to remove the front bumper from the car and some reckon it can be done without doing so.
The second to last post in that thread, post #31 here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...1/#post2420590 claims that you can unbolt the badge after removing the LHS headlight, and I don't doubt that claim. I have removed both headlights (to replace the globes) and it's not difficult.

Yeah I saw that threads (and several others), but none of the solutions were simple enough for just a debadge imo. Ill give the above tool a shot and report back. Keep in mind mine is a '23, I believe the headlights on the facelift are slightly more difficult to access.

Old 06-26-2023, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 319 Posts

I had R Dynamic badge on my grill, same situation, I got a cordless drill and small 5mm bit, drilled loads of small holes through badge,( didn't want to keep badge anyway) then took a small pointed pliers and just worked small pieces of the badge till it all was apart and broke away. Did same with side grill vents as they had badge on them also.

Old 06-26-2023, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by powerhouse
I had R Dynamic badge on my grill, same situation, I got a cordless drill and small 5mm bit, drilled loads of small holes through badge,( didn't want to keep badge anyway) then took a small pointed pliers and just worked small pieces of the badge till it all was apart and broke away.
How did you prevent it from falling down into the bottom of the bumper (where there's no access, from what I can tell)?

Old 06-30-2023, 07:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by powerhouse
I had R Dynamic badge on my grill, same situation, I got a cordless drill and small 5mm bit, drilled loads of small holes through badge,( didn't want to keep badge anyway) then took a small pointed pliers and just worked small pieces of the badge till it all was apart and broke away. Did same with side grill vents as they had badge on them also.
I did the same. I drilled a hole where I could best tell the screws came through the badge from the back side and just worked around it from there with a smaller drill bit. Needle nose pliers and pulled them out. There's foam in the center preventing the pieces from falling all the way down. Worked great.