F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reputable dealer in central Orlando?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 11:47 AM
Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Reputable dealer in central Orlando?

I just dropped my '16 R at Jaguar Orlando for some warranty work, and so far the experience has been more or less pleasant, except for one issue. Wondering if anyone has any input on them or any other central or greater Florida JLR dealers, which ones are best for F-Type work and helping with warranty issues? My F-Type has a rattle / jingling noise from the center dash that they're having me pay for out of warranty, claiming it's an "adjustment" issue, which isn't covered. Kinda feel like a screw backing out isn't an 'adjustment', more of a 'should have used loctite' thing. Squeaks I can understand, as it might require loosening and re-fitting components to adjust their relative positions so they don't rub, but this noise is clearly something loose that shouldn't be.

Old 07-22-2020, 12:18 PM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

I visited there once in January when we drove down in the F Type from Jacksonville for a day out and dinner. Stopped in to look at what they had and at some merchandise. Wasn't impressed with the place at all. No Jag-Swag to speak of. Nobody even bothered to ask us if they could help us. We looked around a bit, then left. Seemed as though they were more concerned with the other vehicles they sell there than Jaguars. If you're ever up by Jacksonville, that dealer is pretty decent, and there's a really good independent shop up here as well. I also head the one in Ocala is good, but no personal experience there either.

The following users liked this post:
lpf4 (07-22-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 01:03 PM
Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
I visited there once in January when we drove down in the F Type from Jacksonville for a day out and dinner. Stopped in to look at what they had and at some merchandise. Wasn't impressed with the place at all. No Jag-Swag to speak of. Nobody even bothered to ask us if they could help us. We looked around a bit, then left. Seemed as though they were more concerned with the other vehicles they sell there than Jaguars. If you're ever up by Jacksonville, that dealer is pretty decent, and there's a really good independent shop up here as well. I also head the one in Ocala is good, but no personal experience there either.
Yeah, I was disappointed in the lack of Jag swag too, especially considering over half the cars they have on the lot are Jags. When I went in today to drop off the F-Type I was ready to pick up a bunch of stuff if they had it, but they had one design of polo and a jacket, and that was it. I think they're trying to let the AM/Lotus hype drive their marketing. I went there once before looking after an F-Type they had a few months back though, and they were very accommodating as a potential buyer. And overall the experience today was positive too dropping it off, I'm just wondering how hard I'm going to have to fight them down the road. One of the issues I dropped it off for was the Meridian Surround 'rattle' issue, and I'm wondering how that'll play out. I guess I'll see. I've visited Jags Tampa and Sarasota also, and felt they were less welcoming. At Sarasota a sales guy came out and practically kicked me off the lot. I guess at 36, I'm not the 'typical' flagship car customer. Never got that feeling from the folks at Orlando. I dunno.

Old 07-23-2020, 05:02 PM
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Jaguar orlando

I have had good service with jaguar orlando on my f type r that I bought from them and my previous Lotus which I did not. Only problem was an overfill on first oil change which they quickly rectified

The following users liked this post:
JacksonvilleJag (07-24-2020)
Old 08-06-2020, 09:24 PM
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

You shouldn't have any issues with them at all. I've bought 6 Jags from them and have always been treated extremely well. I've had all sorts of squeaks and rattles fixed, because I absolutely cannot stand things like that.