F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Restricted Mode most of the time now - Pedal-related codes - ADVICE PLEASE :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 08:39 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Restricted Mode most of the time now - Pedal-related codes - ADVICE PLEASE :)

So my 2017 F-Type R I bought back in October from Vroom (what a nightmare that was) has been acting up a little here and there the past two months or more. It's gone into Restricted Performance mode, at first, sporadically and now more so than not. I pulled the codes yesterday and am getting P2122 (Pedal Demand Sensor Pot 1 short circuit to ground) and P2127 (Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "E" Circuit Low input).

My lizard mind says that must mean that the pot/switch dealy in the accelerator pedal is hosed or maybe dirty?

I have two years Jaguar extended warranty on the car left. So I can take it to the dealer. Problem is getting on the schedule.

My question is: Can I try to clean this thing? If so, in what manner? Are there TSB's to reference?

Can I just buy the mechanism attached to the accelerator? If so, what tools would be required? Is there any programming involved or are these just swappable?

Sorry, I don't like touching things until I get some confirmation from others.

Thanks!

Old 07-10-2022, 09:15 AM
Received 136 Likes on 110 Posts

Because there are failure messages for different but related circuits, it's possible that the problem is a shared connector. If they do share, find and disconnect the connector to the pedal sensors. Inspect the pins for damage or corrosion, then the wire connections, and proceed accordingly.

Retired Field Support engineer.

Last edited by kb58; 07-10-2022 at 10:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (07-10-2022)
Old 07-28-2022, 09:35 PM
Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Bennett
So my 2017 F-Type R I bought back in October from Vroom (what a nightmare that was) has been acting up a little here and there the past two months or more. It's gone into Restricted Performance mode, at first, sporadically and now more so than not. I pulled the codes yesterday and am getting P2122 (Pedal Demand Sensor Pot 1 short circuit to ground) and P2127 (Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "E" Circuit Low input).

My lizard mind says that must mean that the pot/switch dealy in the accelerator pedal is hosed or maybe dirty?

I have two years Jaguar extended warranty on the car left. So I can take it to the dealer. Problem is getting on the schedule.

My question is: Can I try to clean this thing? If so, in what manner? Are there TSB's to reference?

Can I just buy the mechanism attached to the accelerator? If so, what tools would be required? Is there any programming involved or are these just swappable?

Sorry, I don't like touching things until I get some confirmation from others.

Thanks!
Not sure if you've sorted this yet or not. In case not, did a bit of reading on the trouble code, and the remedy is to "Check and install a new accelerator pedal position sensor"
Harness failure or Accelerator pedal position sensor failure are the 2 possible causes. The later being more likely.
I would take off the pedal assembly and check for good harness connections otherwise, you are in the market for a "Pedal Travel Sensor" T2R31156 or similar... check fitment for your car.
They normally just plug in and talk to the ECU. But I have not done this on a Jag before, so not 100%. If you are under warranty, then book it in, this fix isn't cheap.