F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sat Radio Nitpicks

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sat Radio Nitpicks

I've had my F-Type R coupe for a week and love love love it. Currently getting it wrapped in 3M's new deep black matte wrap (pics to follow). I have a few nitpicks regarding the sat radio interface:

1. The sat radio has 3 menu sections each with 6 presets. Steering wheel buttons allow you to go through the 6 presets but you need to use touchscreen to switch to Sat2 or Sat 3 to go through next 6. I'd love to be able to easily go through all 18 or have more than 6 presets for each sat group

2. After you set up a favorite artist on Sat radio, when that artist comes on the notification should also include song title (like my Challenger SRT8 did).

3. System beep when favorite song or artist notification comes up is annoying. I think I figured out how to resolve this by turning volume of ALL system beeps to zero but it's not a perfect solution...

Old 06-05-2014, 01:46 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenHosh
I've had my F-Type R coupe for a week and love love love it. Currently getting it wrapped in 3M's new deep black matte wrap (pics to follow). I have a few nitpicks regarding the sat radio interface:

1. The sat radio has 3 menu sections each with 6 presets. Steering wheel buttons allow you to go through the 6 presets but you need to use touchscreen to switch to Sat2 or Sat 3 to go through next 6. I'd love to be able to easily go through all 18 or have more than 6 presets for each sat group

2. After you set up a favorite artist on Sat radio, when that artist comes on the notification should also include song title (like my Challenger SRT8 did).

3. System beep when favorite song or artist notification comes up is annoying. I think I figured out how to resolve this by turning volume of ALL system beeps to zero but it's not a perfect solution...
I have an F Type R on order, but was thinking about the Challenger Hellcat instead. Since you already had the SRT8, what about your F Type R do you like a lot more than your Challenger?

Old 06-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing my SRT8 has over the F-Type is this visceral reaction to the retro design that always makes me smile. The F-Type handling puts the Challenger to shame. SRT8 is great in a straight line, but mine starts to shake above 100mph. The Jag is great around curves and that exhaust note