Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw a 911 with an F-Type-like exhaust this week

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Banned
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Saw a 911 with an F-Type-like exhaust this week

On Santa Monica Blvd. Wednesday in traffic, there was a white Porsche 911 with quad exhaust. Every time he accelerated (in parking lot like traffic; max speeds 20mph) it made that popping sound that you hear when you take your foot off the pedal on the F-Type. Except this one was completely and utterly obnoxious. I had the convertible top down and one of his crackle/pop combos caused pain in my right ear, and the ear still feels full/uncomfortable. If I see that car again I'm taking a picture and reporting his a** to the police.

But this was the first time I heard that pop/crackle effect in another model of car. The Ferraris/Lambos don't make that sound. I wonder if the custom installer was inspired by the F-Type and took it too far.

Last edited by lunagry; 10-10-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

The 991 w/ OEM Power Kit PSE make some pops. Could be that but it's not as loud as what you described, unless you are just sarcastically exaggerating. The "S" has quard exhaust OEM.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Banned

This definitely wasn't stock exhaust because it was really loud all the time, even when he was stopped. I would be shocked if Porsche made that. Maybe it's the one you're thinking of with the pops, but with the exhaust replaced with straight pipe or something.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:36 PM
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by lunagry
On Santa Monica Blvd. Wednesday in traffic, there was a white Porsche 911 with quad exhaust. Every time he accelerated (in parking lot like traffic; max speeds 20mph) it made that popping sound that you hear when you take your foot off the pedal on the F-Type. Except this one was completely and utterly obnoxious. I had the convertible top down and one of his crackle/pop combos caused pain in my right ear, and the ear still feels full/uncomfortable. If I see that car again I'm taking a picture and reporting his a** to the police.

But this was the first time I heard that pop/crackle effect in another model of car. The Ferraris/Lambos don't make that sound. I wonder if the custom installer was inspired by the F-Type and took it too far.

I had a C4S (991) with the side mufflers bypass pipes, the thing fired pops like a battleship at Midway. The stock PSE is not bad but the bypass pipes by Sharkwerks makes the car bad a$$... its still not better than a stock F Type R though and there was a ton of drone in the cabin too.

on a side note- are you really that delusional that you would take a pic of a car and expect the police to address a loud exhaust..... from a picture? LOL- you post some good things and then I question some of the other comments you have made.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vic55
on a side note- are you really that delusional that you would take a pic of a car and expect the police to address a loud exhaust..... from a picture? LOL- you post some good things and then I question some of the other comments you have made.

I don't know where you live but in BH if your car is making battleship shot sounds accelerating from 0 to 10 miles per hour and damaging people's ears, and I report the car's license plate, the cops will do something about it or they'll get in trouble.

Last edited by lunagry; 10-11-2014 at 06:23 PM.