F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw a scratched up R coupe being sold as new

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 12:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Saw a scratched up R coupe being sold as new

Went to check out a few F type coupes and convertibles today. Found a beautiful R coupe that I may have purchased - black exterior w/ red leather seats. I thought this was a great color combo. The other i'm considering is polaris white w/ red interior. Anyways, I saw 3 large scratches on the right front bumper. After further inspection i found another scratch on top of the passenger side side view mirror. Car was being sold as new by the way. It only had a couple hundred miles. Salesman shrugged it off that it would look fine after detailing. I told him there's no way I'd pay 100K for a new car that looked used. I can understand if it was sold heavily discounted as a demo.

The following users liked this post:
mawheele (11-16-2014)
Old 11-16-2014, 03:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

I would never buy from a dealer who put a car on the floor like that. Just the start of the problems!

The following users liked this post:
mawheele (11-16-2014)
Old 11-16-2014, 04:26 AM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

I checked out a black R Coupe at a SoCal dealer and I watched as the salesman pulled the drivers door open into a hedge, then he pushed harder causing the door to scrape even deeper into the bush. It made my whole body cringe hearing those branches scrape. He didn't think anything of it.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Demo cars, here's my experience, my dealer lent me the car for the weekend, and I took good care of it, then on Sunday my wife backed it up on the demo and scratched the bumper and made a very small dent on the edge of the chassis, the aluminum gave in and made a small breach, I started scratching my head, cursed and was thinking this dealer is going to give me a lot of headache. Then on Monday I went back there, spoke with the GM and told him what happened and that I was willing to pay for the damages, he went back looked at the car, and told me you don't owe us anything, we offered the weekend to you, so do not worry. I was divided between the Porsche and the Jag, guess what I did after his attitude. I got the Jag. There are salesmen and salesmen, if he had made a scandal out of it, most likely I would have my wife's car insurance to pay for it, and that would be the end of the story.