F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saying goodbye

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 06:40 AM
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Saying goodbye

Well I have had enough with the Jaguar dealers. They never call back when they say they will. Absolutely no discount on the car. Seems like it's there way or the highway. So I took the highway straight to a Corvette dealer. What a difference. I got more for my trade ($1400 more) and a $2000 discount, this on a car that is just as hot as the F-jag for desirability. Other reasons entered into my decision, not the least being a $14000 difference in price and I optioned the vette the way I wanted. Also the Jag Dealer is 150 miles away and the Corvette dealer is 25.
The Jag is beautiful car and I wish all forum members good luck with there car. This will be my 5th Corvette, my last one an 85, so I'm getting into a totally different machine

If it's alright w/ everybody I will stay on the forum & (Keep my mouth shut) and see how things are going w/ the members. Later if there is any interest I will post my impressions of my new Corvette .
Good luck and drive safely.

The following 4 users liked this post by patrooper:
DGL (02-22-2014), edobernig (02-22-2014), pabanker (02-21-2014), v8cat (02-25-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hey Patrooper, see you've decided to go with the Vette....nice car and I hope you enjoy it.

Of course you're more than welcome to hang around here as often as you like, and you don't have to keep your "mouth shut"

Please feel free to post a few pics of your car and show her off a little and offer your opinions for sure.

Cheers
Jim

Old 02-21-2014, 07:53 AM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Regardless of the Jaguar Dealer attitude, it would still be very hard to turn down the $$ difference on the Corvette deal.

It'll be interesting to read your impressions of the Corvette versus the F-Type.

Enjoy your new ride,
Graham

Old 02-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

Congratulations on the new ride. I live near and work in DC so all car manufacturers are represented here. However Porsche, MB, BMW, Audi and Jag/Rover are on my side off DC and all the more exotics are on the other side. I loath driving an hour or more to a car dealer so ze Germans and the Jag/Rover is it for me... on par they are usually cheaper than the Italian or higher priced British cars and that works out just fine for me.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by patrooper
Well I have had enough with the Jaguar dealers. They never call back when they say they will. Absolutely no discount on the car. Seems like it's there way or the highway. So I took the highway straight to a Corvette dealer. What a difference. I got more for my trade ($1400 more) and a $2000 discount, this on a car that is just as hot as the F-jag for desirability. Other reasons entered into my decision, not the least being a $14000 difference in price and I optioned the vette the way I wanted. Also the Jag Dealer is 150 miles away and the Corvette dealer is 25.
The Jag is beautiful car and I wish all forum members good luck with there car. This will be my 5th Corvette, my last one an 85, so I'm getting into a totally different machine

If it's alright w/ everybody I will stay on the forum & (Keep my mouth shut) and see how things are going w/ the members. Later if there is any interest I will post my impressions of my new Corvette .
Good luck and drive safely.
Love my 2002 Vette Roadster
Far cry from the new one but still blood related
Enjoy

Old 02-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Interesting experience. I've had the exact opposite here on the west coast. The chevy dealers have been nothing but arrogant towards customers interested in the stingray. I haven't even been able to sit in one at a dealership let alone test drive it. They also all want $10k over MSRP, no negotiation. Of course I did find one that the owner has been using their stingray as a daily driver so it has around 2,000 miles, never titled. He'll take only $5k over MSRP.

On the flip-side, the Jag dealers have let me take out every variation of the F-type, have given me follow up calls and said that as soon as the Coupe comes in I can test that out. The current discounts look to be in the 4% off range with no haggling.

I really like the stringray and the cost difference makes it a real contender but the dealers are ruining it for me, especially for a car that will have 30,000 examples on the road in just the first year.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default Congrats

I have to admit the new Corvette is a real temptation. Here both dealers are nice but the Chevy dealer inside looks like they are running child care for the trailer home set. It is a nice looking dealership but for this much money I expect more of a Lexus experience which left me a bit cold. Anyway can't fault your choice that is also a wonderful car you should love it.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I keep hearing that all these people are paying over MSRP on Vettes. They have to be crazy to do so. They are at all the lots near me at MSRP or under.

I LOVE Vettes. LOVE THEM. The exterior styling of the new one is awesome. However. The interiors are typical GM. Plain. It was the deal killer while debating between the Ftype and the Vette. If they didn't make so many and raised the price a little bit, it might have been a little more alluring.

Post pics once you have it!

Old 02-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

^ +1

Old 02-22-2014, 05:17 AM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I understand why you purchased the Corvette. A Jaguar owner would use the word "their" in the right place instead of "there." Enjoy your new car though.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:31 AM
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Saying goodbye

Originally Posted by alexplank
I understand why you purchased the Corvette. A Jaguar owner would use the word "their" in the right place instead of "there." Enjoy your new car though.
Thank you for the english lesson.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:59 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Good luck with the C7, patrooper. It's a fabulous car.

Keep us posted!

Old 02-22-2014, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Couldn't blame you a bit for getting the C7. It is a fantastic performance car that runs away from much higher priced models. On top of it, it looks great, and finally the interior is very good. Huge performance bargain.

I test drove the Z51 and was very impressed with its ride, handling and power. Was interesting how the personnel at the Chevrolet dealer was just fawning over my XJL as if they never encountered a Jag owner coming into their dealership.

On a moment's notice, I possibly would have purchased a Z51, had the right combo been available at non-spiked prices. Eventually, however, I came back to Jaguar and purchased an XKR last week. Not as quick around the tracks, not as good handling but, I just felt more attraction toward the Jag.

Good luck with the C7.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sure you will love the C7. I love driving C6 2012 GS, but I also love driving the F-Type too. You can't make a bad choice.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 254 Posts

Congrats on your new "vette" from me as well. We've walked out on dealers for those reasons, as well. I've always thought, the new vettes were the best bang for the buck. Like the others, hang around and gives us peek at it.
Happy Motoring.....

Old 02-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by alexplank
That was unnecessary. You wonder why people think jaguar owners are pretentious... Comments like that.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 539 Likes on 402 Posts

Congrats on the new Corvette. I have started seeing a few of these now in my area (San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles) and they are absolutely fantastic looking--even my wife who is not a car person remarked on how great they look. There are numerous videos and mag comparisons pitting the C7 against much more expensive European cars including the F-type, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi R8, etc. and the C& more than holds its own. This would be good enough if they were all in the same price range but the C7 is 1/3 to 1/2 the price of many of the others so to me it would be a no brainer going for the Corvette.

Regarding MSRP, cars like these depreciate like crazy and if I were in the market for any I would likely go for a 1-year old mildly used model rather than paying anywhere near sticker.

Doug

Old 02-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by axr6
Couldn't blame you a bit for getting the C7. It is a fantastic performance car that runs away from much higher priced models. On top of it, it looks great, and finally the interior is very good. Huge performance bargain.

I test drove the Z51 and was very impressed with its ride, handling and power. Was interesting how the personnel at the Chevrolet dealer was just fawning over my XJL as if they never encountered a Jag owner coming into their dealership.

On a moment's notice, I possibly would have purchased a Z51, had the right combo been available at non-spiked prices. Eventually, however, I came back to Jaguar and purchased an XKR last week. Not as quick around the tracks, not as good handling but, I just felt more attraction toward the Jag.

Good luck with the C7.
Congrats on the XKR!

The following users liked this post:
axr6 (02-22-2014)
Old 02-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Let us know about the vette. I cold my C6 vert to get the “F” and am fine with it. But the C7 is different.

I’m sure you will be around here a lot! BTW the folks on the Corvette forum are great too!

Best of luck

The following users liked this post:
patrooper (02-25-2014)
Old 02-22-2014, 08:12 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 931 Likes on 609 Posts

Thanks for sharing your experience. Every dealer is privately owned. I've had a similar experience with my BMW dealer. They were so arrogant, thought so highly of themselves and put themselves above the customer I was totally blown away. I mean literally blown away. Thank god they did too because I bought a Jaguar and never looked back. My local Jaguar dealership has top notch people working the service department which I'm thankful for. On the other hand management in sales is just ok nothing exceptional. Consequently, I buy my Jaguars else where. Don't use your bad experience against the brand. As a buyer you are ultimately empowered and can take your business else where. You could have used your local dealer to help you select the Jaguar you wanted. After deciding on the Jaguar of choice you can take your business any where to get the best deal if your not happy with their service. I would never forfeit on a car I wanted just because my local dealer doesn't know how to earn customers. I only went to BMW to test drive a car, not to buy one. I'm sad to hear you've let one dealership experience decide your fate.

On the other hand, I'm sure you will enjoy your C7 corvette. The C7 corvette is a good bargain, although it's not a Jaguar. I personally hope you come back to the forum often to read about our experiences on this forum and share your experiences with your new C7 purchase. Maybe some day we'll see you back with a real car (just kidding). The C7 Z06 is getting a lot of attention not only on this forum but every forum I've been to. Enjoy your Corvette and write a letter to Jaguar Customer Relations. No one should leave any business establishment feeling let down.

I'd like to share my experience I had at the McLaren, Masserati, Ferrari dealership in Calabasas, California. I dropped in twice last year. On each occasion they made me feel like I was the most important person to them. The sales team introduced themselves and made themselves available for any questions without being arrogant. I actually had a hard time leaving and felt bad that I never purchased a car from them. If I were seriously looking at a McLaren C12 I would give them first opportunity to sell me one. On the other hand if they never treated me properly I would just buy the McLaren C12 from someone else. I would not let them solely influence what car I'm going to purchase.

Last edited by DGL; 02-22-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Saying goodbye