F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schrödinger’s Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018 | 03:32 PM
|
Default Schrödinger’s Jaguar

Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and reconnecting resets most electrical problems with our cats.
The question .... Does the reset occur when the battery is disconnected or when it is reconnected?
Yes I am presently enjoying a fine wine

Old 12-11-2018 | 03:35 PM
Veteran Member

I think that would fall under the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

Old 12-11-2018 | 03:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by malbec
Disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and reconnecting resets most electrical problems with our cats.
The question .... Does the reset occur when the battery is disconnected or when it is reconnected?
If it's Schrödinger’s Jaguar, wouldn't it be both?

Old 12-11-2018 | 03:55 PM
|

Originally Posted by eeeeek
Yes, hard to prove though.

Old 12-11-2018 | 04:32 PM
Veteran Member

Obviously, the disconnect happens retroactively when you check for errors. Until such time, it is superimposed state of simultaneously connected and disconnected.

Old 12-11-2018 | 05:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SinF
Obviously, the disconnect happens retroactively when you check for errors. Until such time, it is superimposed state of simultaneously connected and disconnected.
We know it can’t be simultaneous. There’s at least a 15 second wait period required.

Old 12-11-2018 | 05:56 PM
scm
Veteran Member

Surely it's the reset that's in doubt, you've done the disconnect and reconnect, after which it's neither reset nor not reset until you check for errors?

Old 12-14-2018 | 12:26 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by eeeeek
It's a bit complex but it all depends on the Chirality of the particular feline & whether or not that violates parity conservation in the mirror universe...

Here is a video that might help explain this postulation (around the 5:13 mark if you get lost or just want to skip forward to that point)

No "mood enhancing" recreational additives required as Quantum Mechanics actually IS one of my "hobbies". It's what I am watching late at night when I am not on this or one of the mechanical watch forums...lol

Last edited by ndabunka; 12-14-2018 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-14-2018 | 10:00 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by malbec
I am pretty shure the reset occures when the battery is reconnected - as a part of a software startup routine after a power down. That is when you (the programmer) are in controll of what you want the system to do, and you can clear any flags or catches that might have been set before the power down. It makes you able to do a "fresh start" of the system.

When the system experience a power down, it will normally not be able to do any "sensible" things before it is "dead".

And yes - I am enjoying a fine vine myself 😉
And I used to work with writing software (and developing the el. hardware) in military laser rangefinders, where this "question" or problem/solution was part of the task.

Old 12-14-2018 | 10:31 AM
scm
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Arne
That is when you (the programmer)
NOOO! A programmer writes the programs, an OPERATOR operates the equipment. Of course, Micro$oft devalued everything when it called people who use Excel "programmers".

Old 12-14-2018 | 10:56 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by scm
NOOO! A programmer writes the programs, an OPERATOR operates the equipment. Of course, Micro$oft devalued everything when it called people who use Excel "programmers".
I did mean the programmer (and not the operator). When "anyone" power up the equipment, that is when you (as the programmer) can control the power up routines through the software you (the programmer) have written.

The only thing the operator can control (when powering off and on), is when to do it 😉