F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seatbelt Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Seatbelt Squeak

Hey all....tried searching for this as I'm sure it's come up, but unfortunately haven't been able to find anything, or actually, found too much, but not this specifically.

What my issue is - my seat belt rubs against the side of my seat up by my shoulder and squeaks. Okay at high speed, but around town when the car is bumping along, it's also squeaking along. Anyone have any solutions for this? I could put a little patch on the side of the seat, but that wouldn't be too attractive, or I could get those seat belt covers, but again, not the best looking IMO. Ideally, need something that helps hold the seat belt away from the seat.

Any suggestions? I know a couple people on the facebook pages have similar issue, but so far no one has stepped forward with a solution.

Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestion. Cheers!

Old 08-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

I had a similar problem.
The seatbelt didn't squeak, instead it always rode up too high and rubbed on my neck, and was as annoying as hell.
I found the solution was to "lock it down" by putting a tie around the middle of the little strap so it could not ride up.
Here's a pic of my first solution using a large zip tie:

I have since replaced that zip tie with much softer velcro strip material but it works just the same.
Not saying this will help with your squeak but it might stop the rubbing which in turn might stop the squeak, so worth a try I reckon.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine does not have the sport seats, so don’t have that hole to work with unfortunately. Mine also does not have the loop on the seat for the belt to go through....maybe I need to figure something like that....

Old 08-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Gillespie
Hey all....tried searching for this as I'm sure it's come up, but unfortunately haven't been able to find anything, or actually, found too much, but not this specifically.

What my issue is - my seat belt rubs against the side of my seat up by my shoulder and squeaks. Okay at high speed, but around town when the car is bumping along, it's also squeaking along. Anyone have any solutions for this? I could put a little patch on the side of the seat, but that wouldn't be too attractive, or I could get those seat belt covers, but again, not the best looking IMO. Ideally, need something that helps hold the seat belt away from the seat.

Any suggestions? I know a couple people on the facebook pages have similar issue, but so far no one has stepped forward with a solution.

Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestion. Cheers!
Mine did the same thing. Put some leather conditioner in the area where the seat belt rubbed and it went away.

The following 2 users liked this post by RGPV6S:
Noshame (08-06-2018), Ron Gillespie (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 02:21 PM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

I like the sound. The sound of leather. But yes, treat it with conditioner, goes away.

The following users liked this post:
Ron Gillespie (08-06-2018)