F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my MY15 F-TYPE R or not???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 10:01 AM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

I will state again the post is pointless. OP now claims it isn't for YouTube views and now elaborates that his potential revoked license would only be because he cannot keep his foot off the throttle which could result in tickets and lost license? If you cannot sensibly drive the car, sell it but only you can decide that. Maybe buy a Corolla.

Old 08-14-2022, 09:58 PM
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

get a life.

Originally Posted by Whatsnext
I will state again the post is pointless. OP now claims it isn't for YouTube views and now elaborates that his potential revoked license would only be because he cannot keep his foot off the throttle which could result in tickets and lost license? If you cannot sensibly drive the car, sell it but only you can decide that. Maybe buy a Corolla.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,291 Likes on 889 Posts

Originally Posted by kb58
My favorite pointless topic is "what color car should I buy." Ugh!
I dunno, with that question I think that owners can provide valuable insight, based on their experience, eg does it show dust and dirt, easy to clean, does it get welcome or unwelcome attention.

The answer is italian racing red

Old 08-14-2022, 10:59 PM
Received 163 Likes on 104 Posts

Anyways lets all not get too serious about this\

unless the OP is trying to scam someone or do something illegal it doesn't matter what his motives are.
He hasn't posted anything offensive
It is no different than other posting pictures of food from the lobster run or comments about polite drivers
It is just harmless banter and if it gets shouted down , this will be a sad sterile forum just full of technical guides only

SO........
has anyone used and like the ASL function . It may save your licence but seems complex to turn off. I havent obviously read the instruction manual on proper use of this function just pressing randomly on the right keypad.

The following 2 users liked this post by Borbor:
datriani (08-15-2022), RickyJay52 (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 09:44 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Yes, this forum is generally pretty friendly, until it gets itself in a tizzy.

I’ve only tried ASL to see if it works (and I occasionally accidentally activate it, as I use cruise control a lot on long trips.)

The following users liked this post:
RickyJay52 (08-15-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 05:55 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

This is an awesome forum and I've learned a lot as well as having enjoyed the general bs'ing and banter on some of the post. There are post that leave me scratching my head sometimes but I just move on and don't leave a comment. If it doesn't effect me, doesn't change my opinion and/or doesn't offer any value to me, I ignore and move on. Not everything posted requires my perspective. With that, I will comment on this post because I was in Mario's position when I joined this forum 20 months ago.

Mario is a relatively new member and just posted a simple question with a little bit of levity and he gets jumped on for pushing his YT video and blasted for his question.... why? Honestly, do you thinking anyone who is trying to be YT star is going to get there from posting a video of a F type on a forum with maybe a few hundred active members? And so what if he pushes his video on here for others to watch. We should be thanking him for sharing and encouraging others to do the same. Not blasting him and making a person feel bad for taking the time to put something together and sharing with the rest of us. Where are your manners? Do the basic rules of human interaction not apply when you can hide behind a monitor and keyboard?

Mario, sorry your post blew up with this BS. As with every forum, there are great members and then there are nasty trolls who look to inject negativity where they can. Nothing you can really do except laugh at their misery and pity them (and maybe call them out for being so miserable but that just opens up another can of worms that's not worth your time)

Back to you original post..... when I first bought my car I got pulled over for going a significant amount above the limit and got a ticket. Within a few weeks I got pulled over again for speeding but the police officer let me go with just a warning. With the 1st ticket, I went to court and got it dismissed. After all that, I still pushed it pretty hard but I was also much more careful about when and where I would punch it. If you can, find a rally group or a local F type group. With a bunch of cars in front and behind you, you've got some breathing room to have some fun.

Best of luck with everything, hope you keep it and get an opportunity to get your hands dirty with some regular maintenance. This is a great place for learning and you'll come to find out that the individuals who add the most value here (in terms of knowledge and experience) are the ones who are also very encouraging, supportive and positive in nature. I've met some cool folks on this forum virtually and in person.

The following 6 users liked this post by datriani:
DJS (08-16-2022), mario41051 (08-16-2022), RickyJay52 (08-15-2022), scm (08-16-2022), SouthSider (08-15-2022), WayneB (08-16-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)