F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seriously considering adding the Pano roof option...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts
Red face Seriously considering adding the Pano roof option...

Still torn though...on one hand I know it would lighten up the interior a bunch and with the interior black pack I have on the car,that would certainly help alleviate all that darkness...but I did get the Cirrus seats so that will certainly break up all that black.

I'm pretty certain it won't effect headroom like a regular moon roof would so no issues there.

The problem I have is with the sharp contrast against my Polaris White paint...some angles I love it and some I don't.

I have until 8/26 as my last change order date so I'm still deciding...your thoughts and comments please!

Old 07-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

I went through the same dilemma. I wanted white but was so torn between the contrast of the pano roof. I was ready to just get a black one so it'd be a non-issue. In the end, I went with the pano roof. I figured even if I didn't love it for the looks at least it would be functional. But I'd regret not getting it because it'd be impossible to add on afterwards. At least I could potentially do a white wrap if I really hated it. In the few days that I've had it, hasn't bothered me and really glad I went with it.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Still torn though...on one hand I know it would lighten up the interior a bunch and with the interior black pack I have on the car,that would certainly help alleviate all that darkness...but I did get the Cirrus seats so that will certainly break up all that black.

I'm pretty certain it won't effect headroom like a regular moon roof would so no issues there.

The problem I have is with the sharp contrast against my Polaris White paint...some angles I love it and some I don't.

I have until 8/26 as my last change order date so I'm still deciding...your thoughts and comments please!
Get the pano roof and don't think twice about--you'll love it at night, and it helps keep me from missing my BMW 650 convertible.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts
Thumbs down

If I got Polaris I would definitely get the pano roof.

One of the key reasons the F-type design is so widely acclaimed is its minimalistic flowing lines (see attached).

Without the pano roof on the polaris, the beautiful coupe roofline is broken up with a "zebra stripe" contrast, which really disrupts the visual flow for the entire car.

Attached Thumbnails Seriously considering adding the Pano roof option...-picture1.png   Seriously considering adding the Pano roof option...-pic2.jpg   Seriously considering adding the Pano roof option...-.jpg   Seriously considering adding the Pano roof option...-without.jpg  

Last edited by schraderade; 07-23-2014 at 07:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PD2911 (07-24-2014)
Old 07-23-2014, 08:01 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts
Old 07-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member
Thumbs up

Hey thanks guys for the comments and especially schraderade for the visuals...still torn though!
I like it a lot without the roof...especially in the last rear 3/4 picture you posted...I plan on tinting my windows pretty dark so still unsure.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

The pano roof contrast is why I think the Polaris looks so good.
I don't like the look of it on all the F-Type colors but Polaris rocks it!

Old 07-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

buick, the non-pano white is not that common so you win either way....you either get an enderle-style rare combo without the pano, or a conventional spec with the pano.

btw, i noticed that in the coupe press kit they used the polaris/pano F-Type to illustrate Ian Callum's quote on the lines of the car

Attached Thumbnails Seriously considering adding the Pano roof option...-capture.png  
PD2911 (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
I went through the same dilemma. I wanted white but was so torn between the contrast of the pano roof. I was ready to just get a black one so it'd be a non-issue. In the end, I went with the pano roof. I figured even if I didn't love it for the looks at least it would be functional. But I'd regret not getting it because it'd be impossible to add on afterwards. At least I could potentially do a white wrap if I really hated it. In the few days that I've had it, hasn't bothered me and really glad I went with it.
Odd. My dealership claimed they could retrofit it.

Polaris is THE colour to go with the glass roof.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

As was said in another thread it would be better if the roof opened. I thought it did. I did not pay attention when I was inside the car I just saw the manual shade.
I still don't regretting adding it.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks guys...called my SM this morning and added it.

I still do really like the sharp contrast of the Polaris and the dark windows without the pano but I've sat in them with and without and I know how much it brightens up the interior,especially mine with the interior black pack.

My SM said that even though my last build change date is 8/26, he says he doesn't trust Jaguar on those dates so he told me that if I truly wanted it,not to wait until the last day to decide...so I pulled the trigger and I'm sure after a few days of driving it,I'll be very glad I went with it.

Old 07-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

You won't be disappointed. Here's a photo to remind you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kndk4z59w...2020.01.46.png

Old 07-24-2014, 03:48 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

As Shift's photo points out, it looks particularly good when the paparazzi are photographing you from helicopters.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
As Shift's photo points out, it looks particularly good when the paparazzi are photographing you from helicopters.
You can pickup a personal drone and gopro for a few hundred. I'll be posting some aerial photos soon!

Old 07-24-2014, 09:22 PM
Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

Add my name to those who favor the Pano. I have it on Ultimate Black, but it doesn't make near the statement then if I had it on Polaris. My Jag was pre-ordered so I had no choice.

Functionally, the Pano gives me inside light (not to mention a feeling of spaciousness) when I want it and shuts it out when I don't. It won't penalize me "too much," handling-wise, when and if I decide to track it.

Aesthetically, and especially on Polaris, the Pano extends the appearance of the floating rear bubble for a "draped-in-black" effect. (I saw that effect in person a couple weeks ago at a meet. Wow.) The Pano nicely picks up the black pack cues from the front quarters, hood and grill as well.

In the end, if I had that choice upfront, I'd still go with the Pano. All told, I know any regret I would feel for not having the Pano would outweigh any regret for having it, those 7lbs notwithstanding!

Afterthought: On your Post #6, where you mention going with a dark tint.... I'd be wary of going too dark. Try tacking different tints all around if you can. I would want to avoid creating a "two-tone effect."

Thanks guys...called my SM this morning and added it.

I still do really like the sharp contrast of the Polaris and the dark windows without the pano but I've sat in them with and without and I know how much it brightens up the interior,especially mine with the interior black pack.

My SM said that even though my last build change date is 8/26, he says he doesn't trust Jaguar on those dates so he told me that if I truly wanted it,not to wait until the last day to decide...so I pulled the trigger and I'm sure after a few days of driving it,I'll be very glad I went with it.

buickfunnycar.com (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 10:35 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by deltagroup
Add my name to those who favor the Pano. I have it on Ultimate Black, but it doesn't make near the statement then if I had it on Polaris. My Jag was pre-ordered so I had no choice.

Functionally, the Pano gives me inside light (not to mention a feeling of spaciousness) when I want it and shuts it out when I don't. It won't penalize me "too much," handling-wise, when and if I decide to track it.

Aesthetically, and especially on Polaris, the Pano extends the appearance of the floating rear bubble for a "draped-in-black" effect. (I saw that effect in person a couple weeks ago at a meet. Wow.) The Pano nicely picks up the black pack cues from the front quarters, hood and grill as well.

In the end, if I had that choice upfront, I'd still go with the Pano. All told, I know any regret I would feel for not having the Pano would outweigh any regret for having it, those 7lbs notwithstanding!

Afterthought: On your Post #6, where you mention going with a dark tint.... I'd be wary of going too dark. Try tacking different tints all around if you can. I would want to avoid creating a "two-tone effect."
Thanks for the advice on the tint,I may still go 18% because I'd like the roof to seamlessly go into the tint and the roof seems pretty dark to me...I'll have my tint guy look at it when we get ready to apply it and have him match up whatever shade he thinks best that would do the trick...thanks again guys for the all the advice and support!