F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SF Bay Area Spring F-Type Drive

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Exciting news everybody! You may (or may not) know, but I'm pretty into photography/video as a hobby. So I'm having a photographer camp out before La Honda Fire Station (exact location TBD as we scout it out) to get some nice video/photos in addition to the on/in-car videos I'll be capturing w/ my GoPros. What this means is you'll probably get a very nice hi-resolution photo of your car coming down Highway 84

But we need your cooperation. Before passing by the photo location we need to space ourselves out. So you'll slow down and let the car in front speed away to create a gap. This will allow for some nice photos of our cars. If we gap it properly, everybody will get in a nice photo. Exact location to start gapping we'll figure out and let everybody know when we meetup at 10 AM.

Hope everybody is as excited about this as I am!

Old 03-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts
Thumbs up

That sounds great T,really looking forward to that...you The Man!

Old 03-19-2015, 08:45 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Hope the police don't set up a radar trap at the same spot as the photographer.

Alex, you've got a fleet of F-types to help you move. Maybe they can only take one box at a time, but boy, they can take that one box very fast.

The following users liked this post:
alexg (03-20-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
Thumbs up E-Type / F-Type faceoff...?

Hey T, I just received an email from Les Hamilton,a group of E-Type owners are meeting at Alice's Restaurant on Skyline @ 10:30 this Saturday...if we could possibly work a brief stop there into our schedule just think what an amazing photo op that's be...!

Old 03-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
Hope the police don't set up a radar trap at the same spot as the photographer.
You got the wrong car officer...it's the other white F-Type coupe

Incidentally, a law enforcement guy stopped traffic the other day to jokingly ask if I wanted to race him. Told him as long as he doesn't give me a ticket. Then he said he probably wouldn't be able to catch me.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Hey T, I just received an email from Les Hamilton,a group of E-Type owners are meeting at Alice's Restaurant on Skyline @ 10:30 this Saturday...if we could possibly work a brief stop there into our schedule just think what an amazing photo op that's be...!
That's awesome! Our spiritual predecessor. I don't mind a pit stop at Alice's (only reason I was reluctant to include it in the original itinerary is the parking situation, place is generally crowded). Can you get confirmation on the time? If it's 10:30 AM then we should move our schedule up a little. So instead of departing Woodside at 10:30 AM we should depart at 10 AM. Will be at Alice's around 10:20 AM.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by shift
That's awesome! Our spiritual predecessor. I don't mind a pit stop at Alice's (only reason I was reluctant to include it in the original itinerary is the parking situation, place is generally crowded). Can you get confirmation on the time? If it's 10:30 AM then we should move our schedule up a little. So instead of departing Woodside at 10:30 AM we should depart at 10 AM. Will be at Alice's around 10:20 AM.
I emailed him back to confirm when all in his group will be in place, will update you as soon as I know.

Now that would be a killer group shot...!

I also shot him another email asking how many cars he figures to have in his group...

Last edited by buickfunnycar.com; 03-19-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

Les got back to me and said most of his group will be in place by 10:30 but not all since some are traveling further,trying to get a car count as well...stay tuned.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to join and meet you guys, but no-can-do this weekend or next.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member

More exciting news everybody. Just got this email from British Motors Car in SF:

"Sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you. We’ve put together a little gift basket for your drive tomorrow. It should be ready this afternoon, around 2pm. Would you by any chance be able to swing by and pick it up this afternoon? Or tomorrow morning?

I hope that you have a truly successful drive tomorrow, and we’re really looking forward to seeing photos!"

See everybody tomorrow!

Old 03-20-2015, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member

Got back from British Motors to pickup our gift basket. Took a peek, F-Type hat, Jaguar cufflinks, Jaguar pens, etc. Think what we'll do is during lunch I'll pick names randomly out of a hat and you guys can pick which Jaguar schwag.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Got back from British Motors to pickup our gift basket. Took a peek, F-Type hat, Jaguar cufflinks, Jaguar pens, etc. Think what we'll do is during lunch I'll pick names randomly out of a hat and you guys can pick which Jaguar schwag.
Does that mean you took the hat?

Have fun tomorrow, everyone, and be safe.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Does that mean you took the hat?

Have fun tomorrow, everyone, and be safe.
LOL, I actually have way too many F-Type hats already. I picked up a couple of free ones from the Jaguar display during monterey car week last year.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member

LOL, I actually have way too many F-Type hats already. I picked up a couple of free ones from the Jaguar display during monterey car week last year...
Yeah,I got the hat and the goodie bag at the ride & drive at The Quail...still nice of BMSF to do that.

Really looking forward to this guys,it'll be Epic! Leaving Monterey around 7:30-7:45 and should arrive around 9:30 if it all goes smoothly...you guys and gals have a safe and pleasant journey and we'll see everyone tomorrow!

Old 03-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member

I should be at the meeting stop around 9:30 AM as well. There's a market plaza down the street for anybody who wants to get there early, get some coffee and chill a bit before we depart.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I should be at the meeting stop around 9:30 AM as well. There's a market plaza down the street for anybody who wants to get there early, get some coffee and chill a bit before we depart.
Have fun all! We just got a bit more snow here in the Crab State.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:53 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

LOL, I actually have way too many F-Type hats already. I picked up a couple of free ones from the Jaguar display during monterey car week last year.
Nobodies given me crap!!!!!!!!!! I'll take one. LOL

Old 03-20-2015, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Have fun all! We just got a bit more snow here in the Crab State...
Speaking of which,we right in the middle of Dungeness season and as a matter of fact,the JAG club is having another run to HMB on April 4th but I can't make it.

I have a good buddy from MD and he loves his blue crab, I love 'em too but I really don't have the patience for them,lol!

Old 03-20-2015, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Speaking of which,we right in the middle of Dungeness season and as a matter of fact,the JAG club is having another run to HMB on April 4th but I can't make it.

I have a good buddy from MD and he loves his blue crab, I love 'em too but I really don't have the patience for them,lol!
I'm with you. There is no question that the "blue" is the sweetest and most flavorful crab meat, but I absolutely loved how quick and easy it was to produce a big pile of meat with a Dungerness. One crab would almost fill me up, and along with fresh sourdough, it was heaven.

Fortunately, my native Marylander wife has spent her entire lifetime learning how to patiently extract every micron of meat out the blue crabs, and is happy to do it for me. She calls it "therapy." We caught all we could eat from the traps hung off our pier just inside the Chesapeake Bay.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
I'm with you. There is no question that the "blue" is the sweetest and most flavorful crab meat, but I absolutely loved how quick and easy it was to produce a big pile of meat with a Dungerness. One crab would almost fill me up, and along with fresh sourdough, it was heaven.

Fortunately, my native Marylander wife has spent her entire lifetime learning how to patiently extract every micron of meat out the blue crabs, and is happy to do it for me. She calls it "therapy." We caught all we could eat from the traps hung off our pier just inside the Chesapeake Bay.
My BIL has traps here and catches quite a few plus I know a fisherman who always turns me on...and then there's always Costco,lol!

When my buddy comes to visit,he usually heads straight to the wharf and downs a 2.5lb whale,lol!

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area Spring F-Type Drive