Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shark fin antenna wires

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 07:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default shark fin antenna wires

Hey guys,

I have a 2017 Jaguar f-type SVR and I am doing some customization to it. I had to remove the shark fin antenna and when I did I marked which color wires go on which terminal with stickers. Well, the sticker fell of and now I'm not sure which wires go where. There are three wires, blue, yellow, and green. The blue one is marked, so that is obvious, but the other two I'm not sure which order ot put them in. Does anybody know which wires go to which terminal or how I can find out?

Thanks

Here's a pic of the underside of the antenna for reference

Old 11-07-2020, 11:08 PM
Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I took a stab and can't find your exact answer but have a suspicion the workshop manual might have it buried (somewhere). If you don't have it yet, there's a link to it in this thread. Post #8 is the version I used but the V6 manual in post #2 may have it as well.

The shark fin is referred to as the "roof pod." On page 6032 there's a procedure for removing/reinstalling it and nowhere do they mention any particular order for reconnecting so it may not matter, especially since they both go to the same downstream device.

The following users liked this post:
Hell Cat (11-08-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 07:23 AM
Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

How did you remove the panel that the antenna is mounted on? I removed the six nuts but still couldn't lift off the panel. Are there clips holding it down?

Old 11-10-2020, 04:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Llama
I took a stab and can't find your exact answer but have a suspicion the workshop manual might have it buried (somewhere). If you don't have it yet, there's a link to it in this thread. Post #8 is the version I used but the V6 manual in post #2 may have it as well.

The shark fin is referred to as the "roof pod." On page 6032 there's a procedure for removing/reinstalling it and nowhere do they mention any particular order for reconnecting so it may not matter, especially since they both go to the same downstream device.
Ah, thanks. I think you are correct as both wires are using the same label. That would make sense. I do have the workshop manual, but I didn't see this image in it. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by DanL
How did you remove the panel that the antenna is mounted on? I removed the six nuts but still couldn't lift off the panel. Are there clips holding it down?
It is only the 6 nuts and then it will lift off. It will take a little bit of force to get it off though because there is this stuff that I think is a a gasket of sorts but it was acting almost like tar and gluing it down. It may have been because of the heat or it may have been designed like that, idk. But it did take a bit of prying. It also need to be slid back a little bit, towards the front of the car, and then pulled up to come off.