F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I grab this New 2016 F-Type R at this price?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

I echo LobsterClaws exactly. In addition, on a different thread someone leased and demanded the Finance Manager report on other lease companies available. I think it was indeed out in CA. He got a much better lease deal using US Bank, through the dealer, even though Chase is the Jaguar Financial bank.
Larry

Old 07-28-2016, 01:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by klrgoten
What area are you looking in? There have been some awesome deals down here in South Cali
I don't have an area preference, would be willing to have the car shipped.

Originally Posted by LobsterClaws
It's unlikely to be because you never leased a car before. The first time I did a lease was a few years ago and I had no problems with $0 drive off even though I'd never even had a car payment before.

If you have a particular build you like, why not find a dealer you like and trust and have them get you the exact car you want? That's what I did. Dealers are capable of trading with other dealers or pulling from inventory that sits at the port.
This is the goal sir. I have a few BMW guys that do just this for me, but not Jag.

If you or any other board members know of a competent dealer than is willing to do this, please hook me up with a referral.

My local Jag dealerships are extremely incompetent and the general sales manager does not even know how to check cars at port, or handle a dealer trade. Maybe even use a computer...

They are used to selling to the elderly at MSRP. I specifically requested if they could pull cars from their computer, and they ignored the question and reluctantly said that they would sell any of the cars at the price point I was looking for, out of the vehicles in their lot only.

This was my second visit to the dealership and they knew I was a serious buyer. It was a very confusing experience overall to say the least.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:37 PM

Check with Sam Derringer, Sales manager at Greenville Jaguar in Greenville, SC. Don't know where you are but they have treated of us very well. Do not know how they will do on a new order vs 2016.

Larry

Old 07-28-2016, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
I echo LobsterClaws exactly. In addition, on a different thread someone leased and demanded the Finance Manager report on other lease companies available. I think it was indeed out in CA. He got a much better lease deal using US Bank, through the dealer, even though Chase is the Jaguar Financial bank.
Larry
I didn't know they went outside of Chase. If I'm not happy with the terms on next attempt I'll definitely see if this is an option. Thanks

Old 07-28-2016, 01:46 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FtypeR-Virgin
I didn't know they went outside of Chase. If I'm not happy with the terms on next attempt I'll definitely see if this is an option.
It's definitely an option. My lease is through US Bank, and the lease agreement was arranged by the dealership (though some light arm twisting was necessary).

Old 07-28-2016, 01:47 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
Check with Sam Derringer, Sales manager at Greenville Jaguar in Greenville, SC. Don't know where you are but they have treated of us very well. Do not know how they will do on a new order vs 2016.

Larry
+1. I had a great experience with Jaguar Greenville. It was worth the drive to have good service and I know they do lots of out of town deals where they ship the car wherever it needs to go.

Old 07-28-2016, 02:00 PM
Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

There was a dealer in Florida, I think fort Myers or something like that, that was willing to ship and had decent offers. Not as good as Cali, but better than Midwest.
Also, if one sales guy isn't willing to sell out of state, that may just be him making up his own rules. I've had one guy tell me it wasn't possible, then had another guy sell me the same car. Seeing the first guys face was a real event. (I can't say treat, cuz he kept cussing out the guy who sold me the car, and I did not enjoy that)

Old 07-28-2016, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by hardwired
There was a dealer in Florida, I think fort Myers or something like that, that was willing to ship and had decent offers. Not as good as Cali, but better than Midwest.
Also, if one sales guy isn't willing to sell out of state, that may just be him making up his own rules. I've had one guy tell me it wasn't possible, then had another guy sell me the same car. Seeing the first guys face was a real event. (I can't say treat, cuz he kept cussing out the guy who sold me the car, and I did not enjoy that)
Hm, interesting.

This is the exact word for word I received today from a small town Jag with the best priced/spec'd model I wanted on cars.com:

"We are strongly encouraged by Jaguar to sell in our own market area. Do you happen to have a vacation home in * so you can register the vehicle here?"

Sounds like some corporate Jag price manipulation from area to area.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:34 PM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hm, interesting.

This is the exact word for word I received today from a small town Jag with the best priced/spec'd model I wanted on cars.com:

"We are strongly encouraged by Jaguar to sell in our own market area. Do you happen to have a vacation home in * so you can register the vehicle here?"

You interested in this build?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/photos.ecarl.../vA/AQ_640.jpg

If so, I'll let my sales guy know and see if he can work something out with you. Brand new, like 20miles on it.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

Well, I found out it did indeed sell.

I still do not know if it was the dealership posturing because they had another buyer pending, or Chase bank asking for the exorbitant down-payment and sudden change in expected lease terms. Perhaps it could indeed be because I have never leased a car, only bought?

I'll find out and report truthful results once I go after my next F-Type R lease deal as I believe they all use Chase bank. I'm aggressively searching, so I'll continue updating my finds in this thread. If I end up with a ridiculous drive-off fee at each place I take a stab at, then at least we'll know it's something wrong with me, and not the dealer(s).

Shame as I really liked that build, but oh well.

Without going into full financial disclosure mode, I assure you that it is not possible that this is the case.

You should have taken the deal, this is all on you & your expectations.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
You should have taken the deal, this is all on you & your expectations.
Probably should have married my first high school girlfriend too. That would have paved the way to a fruitful life...

No, in all honesty I may have been a bit penny wise and pound foolish with this one.

Not looking to blame anyone else. However, I'd much rather move on to the next fish in the sea and feel like I have acquired one of those "unbeatable deals" for the next 2 or 3 yrs. It's not a super-rare car, it's not like I will not find another one.

I'll update with progress, should have more info today.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by klrgoten
You interested in this build?

http://s3.amazonaws.com/photos.ecarl.../vA/AQ_640.jpg

If so, I'll let my sales guy know and see if he can work something out with you. Brand new, like 20miles on it.
I'm not incredibly picky, this is what I'm looking for:

Jaguar F-Type R Coupe (AWD) 2016 - New

100% Necessary Features:

-Exterior: Storm Grey / Ultimate Black / Ebony Black
-Vision Pack
-Interior - Open to seeing anything that is NOT RED

Less important:

The Gyrodyne's wheels are preferred, but open to seeing others.

Icing on the cake would be illuminated tread plates, black pack, and the Jet and Ivory Duotone interior.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:22 AM

You know the Jaguar site will let you do a national search by leaving the zip code blank. That is how I found my car.
Larry

Old 07-29-2016, 09:43 AM
Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Hm, interesting.

Yeah, I got that line before. I'm not sure why some sales guys ignore this supposed rule.
I hope you find the car you want. Fact of the matter is, if you try to get a good deal, sometimes you'll miss out on a car you really wanted.
I think I mentioned it somewhere before, but I'm pretty sure I could have gotten a better deal if I were more patient when negotiating for my car.
On the other hand, there were deals I missed out on, that I'm glad I didn't get, because I wouldnt have gotten my current f type.
It helps to believe in fate 😁
Good luck (just will wishes, not contradicting my faith

Old 07-29-2016, 11:57 AM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

in Orange County, CA they sell 2016 F Type R (MSRP around $109K) for $88K (and will negotiate further)

Old 08-04-2016, 05:59 AM
Default SVR

Working with a few different dealers right now to find the right car at the right price...

Going for F-Type R in Ultimate Black or Storm Grey with the forged carbon wheels...

Second choice being the Gyrodyne's with Black pack as an option.

Hoping to have a deal fledged out by Monday.

Will let you all know how it goes. I'm seeing cars discounted 20k from MSRP on the actual Jag website... Pretty crazy.

In my waiting period I've begun to really love the Jaguar F Type SVR

However, the amount of Jaguar SVR for sale is like a 1:50 ratio in comparison to the normal F Type R.

Seems like there's also not a 2016 SVR to be found on the Jag site, or Cars.com... Otherwise I might take a bite and see what type of discounts I may be able to acquire...

How rare is the SVR in comparison to the R? Does anyone know how many are in production as opposed to the regular R?

Old 08-04-2016, 06:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

The R has been in production since 2014 (as a 2015 model).

The first SVR was delivered to customers just a few weeks ago.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Arne
The R has been in production since 2014 (as a 2015 model).

The first SVR was delivered to customers just a few weeks ago.
Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for illuminating the situation sir.

This means I'd probably have to find a dealership with a couple missing chromosomes to score 25k off MSRP on an SVR... Doubt it's going to happen.

Also, at that price point, without a serious discount from Jag on the SVR - a plethora of other excellent GT competitor cars become available...

Old 08-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

Since you are new to leasing (and Jaguars), I'd chalk up the experience you had as an opportunity to become more educated in the process and actually own the results. You'll have the knowledge the rest of your life and you'll be truly invested in the car because you'll know it was the right car at the right deal.

I was stupid lucky to have found my car (especially in Kyanite) at the price they were selling it at. It had been on the lot quite some time so the car was right and the deal was right, so I spent all of a few days from having the thought of buying an XFR, to actually owning it. Been loving it since and feel great about what I paid.

Good luck in your process. Be patient and you'll find what you're looking for. Or you'll realize your expectations are not realistic and you'll change them and be happy with it. Either way, you'll know it's been done to the best of your ability and someone else's pockets weren't lined with your money.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (08-06-2016)
Old 08-04-2016, 12:24 PM

Thank you for the kind words and positive encouragement. Everyone is extremely nice here on these forums as well as incredibly helpful.

I think you hit the nail on the head - throughout this process I have gathered valuable life experience.

I was a little sad when my perfect spec'd baby got sold out from under me... But hey, I knew it was a possibility, and it became a reality. Oh well, lesson learned.

The education I received from the process alone was worth the time/any encountered frustration.

Congrats on your Jaguar acquisition man. I look forward to joining the club shortly.

I think this re-branding Jag is going through with the F-Type's is marvelous, and it's certainly attracting much younger drivers like myself (at age 28), away from cars like Mercedes AMG GTS, Porsche 911, Audi R8, and other GT cars within 20-30k price range!

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
Since you are new to leasing (and Jaguars), I'd chalk up the experience you had as an opportunity to become more educated in the process and actually own the results. You'll have the knowledge the rest of your life and you'll be truly invested in the car because you'll know it was the right car at the right deal.

I was stupid lucky to have found my car (especially in Kyanite) at the price they were selling it at. It had been on the lot quite some time so the car was right and the deal was right, so I spent all of a few days from having the thought of buying an XFR, to actually owning it. Been loving it since and feel great about what I paid.

Good luck in your process. Be patient and you'll find what you're looking for. Or you'll realize your expectations are not realistic and you'll change them and be happy with it. Either way, you'll know it's been done to the best of your ability and someone else's pockets weren't lined with your money.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (08-06-2016)

Quick Reply: Should I grab this New 2016 F-Type R at this price?