F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I grab this New 2016 F-Type R at this price?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by FtypeR-Virgin
Thank you for the kind words and positive encouragement. Everyone is extremely nice here on these forums as well as incredibly helpful.

I think you hit the nail on the head - throughout this process I have gathered valuable life experience.

I was a little sad when my perfect spec'd baby got sold out from under me... But hey, I knew it was a possibility, and it became a reality. Oh well, lesson learned.

The education I received from the process alone was worth the time/any encountered frustration.

Congrats on your Jaguar acquisition man. I look forward to joining the club shortly.

I think this re-branding Jag is going through with the F-Type's is marvelous, and it's certainly attracting much younger drivers like myself (at age 28), away from cars like Mercedes AMG GTS, Porsche 911, Audi R8, and other GT cars within 20-30k price range!
I appreciate your perspective and while obviously a limited sample size you are the demographic that Jag needs long term to shed the "old guy" car image. Discriminating buyers in their late twenties who understand that a shiny badge, and a high price does not always equate to satisfaction. As that can be obtained by a great car at a better price constituting a better value with a pretty good badge of its own and a lot more soul.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by FtypeR-Virgin
I think you hit the nail on the head - throughout this process I have gathered valuable life experience.

I think this re-branding Jag is going through with the F-Type's is marvelous, and it's certainly attracting much younger drivers like myself (at age 28), away from cars like Mercedes AMG GTS, Porsche 911, Audi R8, and other GT cars within 20-30k price range!
Every experience is a learning, and it should never stop no matter what the age. Yes, Jaguar is going through an outstanding transformation, and I am glad to be a part of the Jag family for years.

Good Luck to you, and "KEEP LEARNING" as do I no matter the age.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:04 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GOT IT!

Well friends,

After hard-line after hard-line with every Jag dealership from FL to CA, I've finally nailed one.

Hopping on a plane in 5 hours to go and pick up my new beast 1400 miles away.

Unfortunately no matter how hard the broker and I pushed, Jaguar does their best to enforce a strict rule of no sales outside the area. They are open to dealer trades, but obviously no dealer wants to invite a car in their lot that is priced so far below MSRP, and literally below invoice.

For Leasing, I got a great deal. If I was buying , we could have subtracted another 5k off the final price of the 112k (MSRP) car very easily. I think I'm still about 20k below MSRP, about 1-2k under invoice, and they threw in an extra $500 to help me with travel expenses.

Decided to have them build in more miles so I could drive it back primarily to get used to this level of car. Again, my first "daily-driver, super-car". Going to take some serious adjustments even though what I'm driving now is no slouch either!

Thank you everyone for your support. I can not wait to post pictures.

I've learned so much here and just wanted to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Without forum resources like this, a lot of us would be lost!

Pics to come

Last edited by FtypeR-Virgin; 08-12-2016 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

congrads! Pics as soon as you get'er!

Old 08-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Congrats and have fun driving her home! Great break-in cruise.