F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple mods, fun mods, minor mods or updates?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018 | 01:55 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Some of you newer folks may have missed the short 'Desire' that Jaguar produced to coincide with the release of the F-type. Hokey, but entertaining. Ignore the 'Sorry...' message and click on the button to play.

Last edited by DJS; 08-22-2018 at 04:20 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by DJS:
alphakinase (08-22-2018), jaguny (08-28-2018), Magical (08-24-2018), Uncle Fishbits (08-23-2018)
Old 08-22-2018 | 03:43 PM
Veteran Member

I had a similar situation to deal with a couple of weeks ago.

Old 08-23-2018 | 12:03 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
Some of you newer folks may have missed the short 'Desire' that Jaguar produced to coincide with the release of the F-type. Hokey, but entertaining. Ignore the 'Sorry...' message and click on the button to play.
https://vimeo.com/104606163
"my" winner for hokiest was Michelle Rodriguez going 200mph in an SVR as a tie in with the Fast and Furious franchise and a movie release, and it was so staged and forced, and obviously not real enthusiasm.

It feels uncomfortably awkward.

The following users liked this post:
Magical (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018 | 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I had a similar situation to deal with a couple of weeks ago.
You were chased, shot at, etc.? Care to share the situation?

Old 08-24-2018 | 02:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Magical
You were chased, shot at, etc.? Care to share the situation?
Just clowning around.I generally try to avoid armed confrontations.

Old 08-24-2018 | 02:37 PM

Just clowning around.I generally try to avoid armed confrontations.
"Generally" is the key word?

Old 08-24-2018 | 04:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PBBarb
"Generally" is the key word?

Yeah, I haven't been 100% successful. I do have a story from a few years back. My better half is still pi$$ed off at me for that one.

Old 08-24-2018 | 05:44 PM

generally....lol

Old 08-25-2018 | 08:16 AM
Veteran Member
Default Not a scratch???

now that you confirmed my order, can you add invisibility too ? I will write a blank check to unhingd !!!
https://youtu.be/yfQRl3Y9NQ0
I always enjoy that through out the chase neither car gets a scratch on it until the final destruction, while I go to the local grocery store with my "beater" and seldom come away without a grocery buggy leaving a reminder of the visit somewhere along the front/side from some little old lady or guy to lazy to return it from the parking slot they left. Maybe we need movie cameras in the grocery lots??

Old 08-26-2018 | 07:21 AM

Sam, what we need are air horns or pipe horns that hook up to the exhaust and bumper car rails. Some have not experienced Florida drivers .

Old 08-26-2018 | 08:49 AM
Veteran Member
Default Warning Theft detector

Sam, what we need are air horns or pipe horns that hook up to the exhaust and bumper car rails. Some have not experienced Florida drivers .
There is/was a theft detector that would sound a warning,"Caution, you are too close, stand back! this car is protected!" or some such that was out a few years ago. I have not heard or seen it recently. Do not know if it is still around, or if it had to be taken off the market. Maybe it caused too many heart attacks? Of course it would not help the released shopping carts that we have here (1 got my F-type one day when I carelessly stopped in, even though I parked in the middle of the lower lot).
If those are still around, they would be nice to have as a back-up for our cars just for the too curious touchy feeley, potential keyers. Do not know if the distance could be set or not.

Old 08-27-2018 | 08:36 AM

Georgia is pretty close to the same as Florida as far as inattentive drivers and people just releasing buggies like they are being released into the wild or something. The reasons for inattentive and free range buggies are different (there it's generally elderly people who really shouldn't be driving in my experience, here it's more of an "I'm more important than you and need to be on my phone" kind).

Oh, and Unhingd, I'd love to hear that story one day!

Old 08-27-2018 | 09:39 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
There is/was a theft detector that would sound a warning,"Caution, you are too close, stand back! this car is protected!" or some such that was out a few years ago. I have not heard or seen it recently. Do not know if it is still around, or if it had to be taken off the market. Maybe it caused too many heart attacks? Of course it would not help the released shopping carts that we have here (1 got my F-type one day when I carelessly stopped in, even though I parked in the middle of the lower lot).
If those are still around, they would be nice to have as a back-up for our cars just for the too curious touchy feeley, potential keyers. Do not know if the distance could be set or not.

DJS (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018 | 11:34 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
I remember those alarms. When you armed them, they would say "SYSTEM ARMED" and likewise SYSTEM DISARMED" when turned off. They were from the days when most cars didn't come with factory alarms, cassette decks were still standard equipment, beepers were all the rage and Jaguar still produced V12s. I, personally didn't like those alarms and I think they actually begged people to mess with them. In the end, they are a footnote, like the ones that would go through 5 different sirens...

Old 08-27-2018 | 05:21 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by eeeeek
I remember those alarms. When you armed them, they would say "SYSTEM ARMED" and likewise SYSTEM DISARMED" when turned off. They were from the days when most cars didn't come with factory alarms, cassette decks were still standard equipment, beepers were all the rage and Jaguar still produced V12s. I, personally didn't like those alarms and I think they actually begged people to mess with them. In the end, they are a footnote, like the ones that would go through 5 different sirens...

Very confident I saw these on Vipers in the mid 90s. Or it was a Viper Car system, and that was the brand name?

There was a guy in SF that fitted a train horn to his car. It sounded like a phantom ghost train in the dead of night, in the middle of Golden Gate Park. It was a mystery on Yelp Talk Threads around 2006 and 2007. Hilarious, but annoying.

Here's a vid I haven't watch of the train horn on a car. It's so amazingly brazen and hilariously rude.

Magical (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018 | 04:05 AM
Veteran Member

Watching that "Desire" video, I'm thinking it is going to be hell to get all of that desert dirt out of that beautiful vert. If forum member Nati was watching, I'm sure he is convulsing over the treatment of that f type.

Old 08-28-2018 | 06:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jaguny
Watching that "Desire" video, I'm thinking it is going to be hell to get all of that desert dirt out of that beautiful vert. If forum member Nati was watching, I'm sure he is convulsing over the treatment of that f type.
He didn't seem to mind when we went off-roading through the wild blueberry fields... or did I miss something?

Old 08-28-2018 | 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by uncle fishbits
very confident i saw these on vipers in the mid 90s. Or it was a viper car system, and that was the brand name?

There was a guy in sf that fitted a train horn to his car. It sounded like a phantom ghost train in the dead of night, in the middle of golden gate park. It was a mystery on yelp talk threads around 2006 and 2007. Hilarious, but annoying.

Here's a vid i haven't watch of the train horn on a car. It's so amazingly brazen and hilariously rude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dk0jmq01vo
that horn has potential !

Old 08-28-2018 | 07:43 AM
Veteran Member
Default Possible?

Originally Posted by F-typical
Maybe I could do that? The city just south of me(Cape Coral) has a rash of stolen cars. The local gendarmes just can't seem to get a handle on the theft's even though the thieves are caught on home video cameras. Obviously a crack law enforcement team. Maybe this would work there.

Old 08-28-2018 | 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

He didn't seem to mind when we went off-roading through the wild blueberry fields... or did I miss something?
It was foggy, and I could swear he was wiping the car down?

Quick Reply: Simple mods, fun mods, minor mods or updates?