F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple mods, fun mods, minor mods or updates?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
Thanks ! I traded it in sometime later as I had to go to Sweden on a training period for two months [ Malmberget].. Metro would not cut it.. So I asked some friends who went to Sweden for holidays every year and they warned
met for gravel roads breaking your headlights and your back.. So I needed a soft ride and fitted this bull bar made from wire mesh and copper waterpipe..

To prevent the radiator from stone damage, I made wooden frame with chicken mesh, covered with mosquito mesh also . The swarms of mosquito's can be huge in arctic areas.. [1983].
Nothing better than a Peugot beater for the outback. Nobody cares if it gets mangled. Great mods!

Last edited by Unhingd; 05-05-2018 at 09:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Dan_NL (05-05-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Are you making f type accessories?
Not at all. Doing an armor build for an Amazon costume. I’m just learning to work with this material. Besides, I can’t think of anything I’d be able to make that would be nice enough for my car.

As for the the discussion of wood - I do like many cars with wood, but I’m happy with all the leather in mine.

Dan_NL (05-05-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Ok PBBarb, you got me now-what is an armor build for an Amozon costume? (If I can ask?)

Old 05-05-2018, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Something like this I guess, for a movie.. Amazon/armour,, ..google..

I found some inspiration for PBBarb, Jaguar entered in the equation... Amazon generic maybe.

Last edited by Dan_NL; 05-05-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:14 PM

We are actually doing those characters. It’s for my geek fest party weekend coming up in September. Trying to get that done before starting on a Character from Penny Dreadful and another from Into the Badlands.

jaguny (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 05:12 AM
Veteran Member

Very interesting.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Very interesting.
+1.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:10 AM

I know probably not interesting to anyone else but that is what my life mostly becomes this time of year since I wait too late to start. At least my parade outfit is done so the rest are less stressful but still time consuming. Don’t get into costuming - I went from none to two my first year with this group to five last year and I think we have seven this year.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:37 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

On a less interesting topic, Barb, have you added a SmartTop controller to you car? It allows you to raise/lower the top or windows using the remote, and changes the top up/down switch on the console to one-touch, so you don't have to hold the switch until the up/down action is complete. Highly recommended, and easy to install.

Old 05-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PBBarb
I know probably not interesting to anyone else but that is what my life mostly becomes this time of year since I wait too late to start. At least my parade outfit is done so the rest are less stressful but still time consuming. Don’t get into costuming - I went from none to two my first year with this group to five last year and I think we have seven this year.
I think when someone looks to create something it is interesting in some way if they go about it with some care and thought and often informative also. (you may need to post photos).

Old 05-07-2018, 07:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts
Default Puddle Lites for later F-Type

Originally Posted by Magical
I think you may be happy with 20% window tint...cost bout 150 bucks. Don't roll windows down for 48 Hours and leave car in the sun to help dry.

Puddle Lights personally I like. Nice and bright compared to the amber stock ones stock with the car. By far the easiest light I have ever changed as OZ told me. No tools required. Pull the old out, unplug, plug in new, snap back in and done. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Laser-LE...72.m2749.l2649

Mishap with your phone....look at these, I think they are useful...no pocketbook required...lol https://www.newchic.com/car-storage-...36&sort=1&ht=1 many to choose from and colors depending what you need.

Chinese Man Pickpockets an iPhone By Using... Chopsticks - Kotaku

Apr 12, 2013 - And if that wasn't enough, the man used chopsticks to pickpocket from a woman riding a bicycle. And she apparently didn't even notice and continued pedaling!
I checked the ad on eBay for those lites, and they show for a 2016. Did not list for 2017. I would think they should work for my 2017. Do you or anyone know if they would work the same as for any other cars? I would like to modify my 2017 lites.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:38 AM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
I checked the ad on eBay for those lites, and they show for a 2016. Did not list for 2017. I would think they should work for my 2017. Do you or anyone know if they would work the same as for any other cars? I would like to modify my 2017 lites.
They are listed as Puddle Lights or Projector Lights or Ghost Lights.
The ones I purchased you can tell fairly easy if they fit yours. If under your door you have a rectangular lense that just pops outs and just unplugs, then they will work. They include plugs but are not needed as the new lights plugged into the old light plugs.
If not, I found these and many similar with different logo's ( cat face, leaper, etc.)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x7w-Ghost-...lZZb70&vxp=mtr or Wireless - which requires batteries https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x7w-Ghost-Shadow-Laser-Projector-Logo-LED-Door-Step-Light-Courtesy-for-JAGUAR/122594644432?fits=Year%3A2017%7CMake%3AJaguar%7CMo del%3AF-Type%7CSubmodel%3AS&hash=item1c8b35d1d0:g:c1gAAOSw eIlZZb70&vxp=mtr

Where
I ordered, I sent him a question of what fits your car, will let you know.

I think I found what fits your car ( not sure) but if your lights look like these.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x7w-Ghost-...lZZb70&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Magical; 05-07-2018 at 08:49 AM. Reason: adding more
Old 05-07-2018, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by DJS
On a less interesting topic, Barb, have you added a SmartTop controller to you car? It allows you to raise/lower the top or windows using the remote, and changes the top up/down switch on the console to one-touch, so you don't have to hold the switch until the up/down action is complete. Highly recommended, and easy to install.
I wouldn't say anything to do with our cars is less interesting! I haven't added anything yet, my remote does lower the windows, but I think that's all it does. It would be nice to have the one-touch. Thanks for the tip, I will have to look into that.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

I wouldn't say anything to do with our cars is less interesting! I haven't added anything yet, my remote does lower the windows, but I think that's all it does. It would be nice to have the one-touch. Thanks for the tip, I will have to look into that.
PBBarb, DJS is full of it! I mean, them. TIPS!!!

PBBarb (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 09:26 AM

I think when someone looks to create something it is interesting in some way if they go about it with some care and thought and often informative also. (you may need to post photos).
I don't have any pictures from previous costume builds (once I get into them, I don't stop for that), but I'm more than happy to share a few of finished products for anyone interested. I don't have any pictures of the entire 300 Spartan group, just the Greeks and the two of us baddies after the parade (plus one of me looking like I'm ready to kill during the parade), we did a burlesque/kilted superhero villain group (I'll try to get a picture of everyone this year since we are doing it again), a small portion of us did Battlestar Gallactica (if I can lose more weight by September, I'm going to go as Six this year instead of a pilot), and there was a small part of the group that did Outlander. I'll eventually get back to my French ballgown costume for that one. Honestly, the most difficult of those was my costume for the 300 group because I couldn't find anything remotely similar to use as a base so I kind of made it up as I went along and it was my first time working with pleather. This year my Hippolyta will be the most difficult I think because I've never worked with foam and made armor, but I hope it turns out well enough to be recognizable. Oh, and I just ordered some of the fabric to make an 18th century dandy costume for the night we'll be at the aquarium - not sure how well two of us are going to pull off being men, but we'll see.

Attached Thumbnails Simple mods, fun mods, minor mods or updates?-dsc_0034-3.jpg   Simple mods, fun mods, minor mods or updates?-dsc_0293-8-1-.jpg   Simple mods, fun mods, minor mods or updates?-bsg-group.jpg   Simple mods, fun mods, minor mods or updates?-burlesque-group.jpg   Simple mods, fun mods, minor mods or updates?-post-parade-greeks.jpg  

Simple mods, fun mods, minor mods or updates?-outlander-group.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by PBBarb:
jaguny (05-07-2018), Uncle Fishbits (08-10-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
PBBarb, DJS is full of it! I mean, them. TIPS!!!
Just the tip? Oh, did I say that out loud? All of you are full of . . . tips.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

@PBBarb.

Looking at those images, do you know this series : The Shannara Chronicles

Old 05-07-2018, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
@PBBarb.

Looking at those images, do you know this series : The Shannara Chronicles
I do. I watched most of the first season I think. I read the books many years ago and thought they were doing a pretty decent job of it, but then somehow a bunch of episodes got deleted of my DVR and I just never got back to it. I probably should and will add that to my list.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:10 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Just the tip? Oh, did I say that out loud? All of you are full of . . . tips.
Oh, don't go there...

Old 05-07-2018, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by DJS
Oh, don't go there...

Couldn't resist.

Quick Reply: Simple mods, fun mods, minor mods or updates?