F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Simple mods, fun mods, minor mods or updates?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 04:12 PM
Banned
Received 425 Likes on 291 Posts

I am chagrined to admit hanging out at the Maserati forum, having been the unfortunate owner of a 2015 Ghibli abomination for the past 2 1/2 years. A more loathsome gaggle of cucks and apologists would be hard to assemble.

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (06-02-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 05:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

I would expect better from Maserati owners. Some Emily post primers may be in order.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,604 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
I would expect better from Maserati owners. Some Emily post primers may be in order.
I'm not so sure of that jaguny. No offense (to Maserati owners) but I was just in Fort Lauderdale, FL and saw an overwhelming number of Maseratis (Maserati?). So much so and so much more than other "upscale" brand that I asked my pilot friend "why so many?"

His response was that Maseratis when compared to other "upscale" brands are a bargain and that opens the door to more posers and wannabes and just more people in general.

Unfortunately society has degraded continually and continously for quite some time now so I'm not surprised that the greater the numbers (of people) the greater the odds for less civility.

AND WE NEED MORE CIVILITY AND EVEN CHIVALRY AROUND THE GLOBE!

Just a theory.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-23-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Misujerr (05-24-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member

Well Rjay, I would hope we can draw the line at the Jag forum door, or at least the f type forum.

RickyJay52 (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52

His response was that Maseratis when compared to other "upscale" brands are a bargain and that opens the door to more posers and wannabes and just more people in general.
Fortunately as Jag owners, we don't fit neatly into a hierarchy of automotive exclusivity. We fit better into a categorization by level of sanity. (what...you bought a Jag?...wtf)

The following 3 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Don1954 (05-31-2018), Mbourne (05-23-2018), PBBarb (05-23-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
I'm not so sure of that jaguny. No offense (to Maserati owners) but I was just in Fort Lauderdale, FL and saw an overwhelming number of Maseratis (Maserati?). So much so and so much more than other "upscale" brand that I asked my pilot friend "why so many?"

Unfortunately society has degraded continually and continously for quite some time now so I'm not surprised that the greater the numbers (of people) the greater the odds for less civility.

AND WE NEED MORE CIVILITY AND EVEN CHIVALRY AROUND THE GLOBE!

Just a theory.
My wife is Sicilian, and whenever I come across any of her family from the old world, it is generally agreed the only people that drive Maseratis are pimps. They have a wonderfully bad reputation, in the country of origination.

We have our moments in this forum. People certainly got bent out of shape when I was asking how they were driving their car as brand ambassadors, in regards to that Audi commercial where I think it's a Porsche that splashes some people at a bus stop. But that's neither here nor there, because this is easily one of the most interesting forums of any type I've ever been on. The people here are so fun and enthusiastic and witty.

As for as for Facebook, that's steaming pile of rotten garbage is such a waste of time. I know my friends and family, and I don't need their opinion about anything. people often forget the oldest social network is email, listserv, and forums like this. There are sites like Reddit that are topical enough to find meaningful answers for things in any category, but most of the content of the internet is still popping up on forums like this. So I shall exist here with all you nuts. Cheers to strumpetting.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've tinted the windows and then blacked out the chrome front to back including nose, hood vents, side vents, leaper, and window surrounds. Plus designed some hood and side stripes.

I'd like to increase the HP just a tad on my R only because I like not having "stock". Snorkel change? Exhaust change? Just don't want to mess with the warranty police.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

If Barb refers to Male Strumpets, is that "Misterogeny"???

Old 05-24-2018, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Uncle Fishbits;1901204]My wife is Sicilian.....

Maybe she would recognize my avatar photo?

Old 05-25-2018, 10:23 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
If Barb refers to Male Strumpets, is that "Misterogeny"???
I think of it more as an appreciation for the male form than misterogeny.

Just like I was assuming from the male standpoint in here it was an appreciation of the female form and not misogyny.

Besides, nothing wrong with strumpets of either the male or female type in my mind! The world would probably be a better place if there were more strumpets!

Old 05-25-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
My wife is Sicilian, and whenever I come across any of her family from the old world, it is generally agreed the only people that drive Maseratis are pimps. They have a wonderfully bad reputation, in the country of origination.

We have our moments in this forum. People certainly got bent out of shape when I was asking how they were driving their car as brand ambassadors, in regards to that Audi commercial where I think it's a Porsche that splashes some people at a bus stop. But that's neither here nor there, because this is easily one of the most interesting forums of any type I've ever been on. The people here are so fun and enthusiastic and witty.

As for as for Facebook, that's steaming pile of rotten garbage is such a waste of time. I know my friends and family, and I don't need their opinion about anything. people often forget the oldest social network is email, listserv, and forums like this. There are sites like Reddit that are topical enough to find meaningful answers for things in any category, but most of the content of the internet is still popping up on forums like this. So I shall exist here with all you nuts. Cheers to strumpetting.
Funny, I was told the whole time I was growing up that my dad's paternal line was from Sicily, but I recently found out (thanks ancestry.com) that they are from Castelguidone. I have no contact with any of them but would love to visit the area. Yeah I know, that has nothing to do with anything really.

I kind of want to go look for the thread you are talking about now! Drama that I'm not a part of can be entertaining! FB I pretty much only use for specific closed groups I'm a part of and to keep up with my costuming friends and that kind of thing - I pretty much ignore most everything else because of the rampant rudeness and idiocy. I do enjoy some of the subs on reddit, but I have missed forums like this.

So are we now all strumpets by virtue of being here? I mean, I could live with that.

ndabunka (05-31-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member

PBbarb,

Is it possible you mean Castiglione di Sicilia (Sicily). It is a region on the northeast side of Mount Etna (the volcano). I am quite familiar with it, if this is the area you are referencing.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:53 AM

PBbarb,

Is it possible you mean Castiglione di Sicilia (Sicily). It is a region on the northeast side of Mount Etna (the volcano). I am quite familiar with it, if this is the area you are referencing.
So far it looks like maybe Castelguidone, Chieti, Abruzzi, Italy - but I've honestly just started looking into that branch of the family because I never met any of them and from what I've been told they "Americanized" our last name when they came here and I knew that would make it harder. But it's also possible that someone put that instead of the one you mention - I've already found 3 different spellings for the last name in various census reports, and that's just once they were here. As I find out more though, I'll let you know if you're interested.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member

Abruzzi is east of Rome. Have fun searching.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by PBBarb
I think of it more as an appreciation for the male form than misterogeny.

Just like I was assuming from the male standpoint in here it was an appreciation of the female form and not misogyny.

Besides, nothing wrong with strumpets of either the male or female type in my mind! The world would probably be a better place if there were more strumpets!
I am certainly not a misogynist but am very guilty of miscegeny.

PBBarb (05-25-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

These days everyone is taking everything too seriously. What happened to the days of everyone just relaxing and enjoying life. I guess the problems arose when a few,maybe more than a few, a** holes went overboard with their attitudes toward women and others just to try to prove their own superiority. Opps, forgot, I will jump off my soap box and let this thread get back where it should be, Sorry about that. I guess the 2nd cup of coffee just kicked in and the morning editorial page of the paper also opened up.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:49 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

The "alternative engine cover" thread reminded me - pulling the cover off was my first mod! Can't beat the price too, freee!

Old 05-31-2018, 08:41 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

I had mine off for a few days after I changed the oil, because I forgot to put it back on. I could hear engine noises slightly more, and I didn't think they were pleasant noises, so I put it back on.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:52 PM
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Abruzzi is east of Rome. Have fun searching.
abruzzo

Old 05-31-2018, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

[QUOTE=jaguny;1901447]
Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
My wife is Sicilian.....

Maybe she would recognize my avatar photo?
bah! Old country I assume, and likely Mt Etna? Not sure. It's small and I can't figure out how to make larger. =) But cheers to you good human. Hopefully they don't do a Brexit. Italy has been talking about it. Eek.

Quick Reply: Simple mods, fun mods, minor mods or updates?