Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Small gift from Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 10:06 AM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Nati
No love for a lease I guess. Bummer.
Sorry Nati.. I actually leased this one so it's not just for purchase.

Originally Posted by 99Gsp
Not one thing from the dealer and 10 months after taking delivery not one piece of communication from Jaguar USA. Very odd compared to my BMW buying experience .

Glad I bought the F-type because I love the car even if it doesn't come with tokens of appreciation!
Sorry GSP, Next time take a little drive north to Edison and stop by Ray Catena. They were awesome to deal with compared to the other dealerships I visited and they gave me a bunch of things such as hats, coffee thermos, key chains, EZ pass holder and then received the growler key chain from Jaguar USA. I think it will be worth the ride. =)

Originally Posted by Eurobahn Jaguar
It's too bad not everyone has received a gift, the key chain is pretty awesome.
Sorry to hear Eurobahn I would give you the same recommendation as GSP, but that is way too far from you for small gifts. Thank you and I agree I like the growler key chain too. Who thought you buy an awesome car and they still send you things month later.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

I am curious is to why some have received something from Jaguar and others not. Am thinking either the dealer needs to register the Owner with Jaguar or the dealer is in a special category due to their franchise agreement.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoke Em
Sorry Nati.. I actually leased this one so it's not just for purchase.
Hmm. Do you have an R? That might be another possibility. I have an S.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:54 PM
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
I am curious is to why some have received something from Jaguar and others not. Am thinking either the dealer needs to register the Owner with Jaguar or the dealer is in a special category due to their franchise agreement.
Funny that you say that...I've been thinking the same thing. I have never received any communication from Jaguar USA which I find surprising. I sent them an email yesterday to inquire. I'm looking forward to their answer. I'm also going to ask the dealer.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:02 PM

all good questions. not sure why some have and some have not

Old 05-11-2016, 10:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

I just emailed my sales associate with a picture of the keychain gift box to ask if he knows anything about them.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Gsp
Funny that you say that...I've been thinking the same thing. I have never received any communication from Jaguar USA which I find surprising. I sent them an email yesterday to inquire. I'm looking forward to their answer. I'm also going to ask the dealer.
Like you, I've never received any communication from JLR USA other than a recall notice. They've never even sent me questionnaires about my purchase experience or subsequent service visits.

It's as if the marketing department isn't even aware that I purchased a Jaguar, which is probably the explanation.

Last edited by Foosh; 05-11-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Like you, I've never received any communication from JLR USA other than a recall notice. They've never even sent me questionnaires about my purchase experience or subsequent service visits.

It's as if the marketing department isn't even aware that I purchased a Jaguar, which is probably the explanation.
Marketing department? Hard for me to see evidence they have one.

When my XK came off lease I did not receive any communication of any sort from Jaguar USA or even from any dealer. Zilch nada nothing at all.

Wouldn't you think someone who already showed he liked Jags enough to lease one and probably needed a new car since he was giving up the one he was driving would have been a fairly obvious person to approach about buying another one? They never even asked if I wanted to buy it off lease or where I wanted to turn it in.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by asolare
Marketing department? Hard for me to see evidence they have one.

When my XK came off lease I did not receive any communication of any sort from Jaguar USA or even from any dealer. Zilch nada nothing at all.

Wouldn't you think someone who already showed he liked Jags enough to lease one and probably needed a new car since he was giving up the one he was driving would have been a fairly obvious person to approach about buying another one? They never even asked if I wanted to buy it off lease or where I wanted to turn it in.
Huh, t's weird Asolare. Sorry to hear about your experience. Well I can definitely tell you they do have a marketing department because of the package/letter they sent me this week. Maybe this is for first time Jag purchases since this is my first. Not sure. If you read the note on the left it says from Jag marketing dept. It might have said marketing department on the return address from the package the box came in. sorry for the confusion.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoke Em
Huh, t's weird Asolare. Sorry to hear about your experience. Well I can definitely tell you they do have a marketing department because of the package/letter they sent me this week. Maybe this is for first time Jag purchases since this is my first. Not sure. If you read the note on the left it says from Jag marketing dept. It might have said marketing department on the return address from the package the box came in. sorry for the confusion.

I was being a little sarcastic. I'm sure they do have a marketing department. I was just questioning how effective it is. It sure seems to me that to focus on trying to sell a current owner of your brand a replacement for a car coming off lease is the single most obvious step for a marketing department but what do I know?

Old 05-12-2016, 10:34 AM
Veteran Member

Smoke Em,

I think the swag stuff some people receive comes from the dealer. Some dealers do more than others, and some (like mine) do nothing.

JLRNA seems satisfied to leave it up to the individual dealer unlike BMW, MB, and many others. Hell, I even got a nice key chain from Jeep.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:53 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Maybe they're starting to figure out that they should pay attention to their customers.

We can hope, can't we? As I discussed with Jay last weekend, it isn't the free stuff that matters, it's the consideration - the fact that we, the customers, matter to them.

Or not.

Last edited by DJS; 05-12-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Some dealers do more than others, and some (like mine) do nothing.
+1. But I'm so grateful for the high level of service I receive from my dealer. More than makes up for not getting a keyfob.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
+1. But I'm so grateful for the high level of service I receive from my dealer. More than makes up for not getting a keyfob.
+1 Mine has also excelled where it counts, and I'm completely happy w/ them. They can keep the swag. I'm more surprised that JLRNA corporate seems to do nothing.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

The Keychain is sent to those who finance through Jaguar Financial (Chase).

The following users liked this post:
IRRBrogue (05-13-2016)
Old 05-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

OK, I see a pattern now. Unhingd and I paid cash, so no swag for us. :-)

Old 05-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

I am cash, and got a bunch of hokey stuff, a few nice things (as mentioned wine, hoodie, etc), but I need a new keychain, and will use the pictures one to inquire. It has *got* to be the dealership, and the ones that get it is about service *&* hospitality.

I don't care about the disparity, but curious how all this works.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

And no monthly payments.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:11 PM
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
I am cash, and got a bunch of hokey stuff, a few nice things (as mentioned wine, hoodie, etc), but I need a new keychain, and will use the pictures one to inquire. It has *got* to be the dealership, and the ones that get it is about service *&* hospitality.

I don't care about the disparity, but curious how all this works.

My guess would be that your dealership sent the wine and hoodie - I've received a sort of gift basket like that from a dealer before. The keychain, however, definitely comes from Jaguar Financial. You can take that to the bank...

Old 05-12-2016, 12:14 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
The Keychain is sent to those who finance through Jaguar Financial (Chase).
hmm, that's odd, I didn't get one.

Quick Reply: Small gift from Jaguar