F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoked sequential turns and Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 12:50 PM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Smoked sequential turns and Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps

Installed smoked sequential turn signals (www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098W4X2RF) and carbon fiber mirror caps today.

Hardest part was removing the OEM mirror caps. First step is to move the mirror to the full up and "in" position. Then grab under the mirror and pull harder than you think you should. The mirror will pop off the motor frame. Next step is to find the cover clip inside the mirror, it's a small paint colored clip. Here is the clip with a screw driver prying on it:

At this point, I just kinda wrangled the mirror cap to get it to pop off. I could not find any other clips, but it doesn't come of easily either. Can't really suggest a "best method" here. Next step is to remove the 2 T10 Torx screws holding on the OEM turn signals:

The turn signal pops right out, and a simple electrical connector swaps to the new turn signals. Put them in place and put the screws back in. Next step is to position the OEM mirror cover back on. There is a clip near the side glass that I put in position first, then I lowered the cover in to place, and gave it a decent "wrap" with an open hand to get the clip to pop back on.

Next was putting on the CF mirror caps. remove the double side tape cover:

Then in a quick and smooth action, position the new on to the OEM cap. Smooth it all around, and firmly press all the tape down. Here is the end result:

Last edited by mcphill; 04-30-2023 at 12:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Thunder Dump (04-30-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 02:39 PM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

During my swap the parts guy damaged both stock Polaris White mirror covers! I covered the damage with Chinese CF covers which appear very tacky. Does anyone have a pair of stock white or black covers they are not using? Got $ Thanks, Sparky

Old 05-01-2023, 03:22 PM

TBH, I'm not happy with the stick on caps either. I have purchased the CF OEM cap from Harper Jaguar for the right side, and am souring the internet to find the left side (seems they are all sold out...). If anyone has a left side, please let me know!

Old 05-06-2023, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 214 Likes on 191 Posts

Go to madness autoworks for replacement cf mirror covers. I have them and they look great and haven't showed any age.

Old 05-06-2023, 10:14 PM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Just lookin for Polaris White or Black OEM covers...anyone got any ideas?
tnx, Spark

Old 05-08-2023, 06:08 AM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Discontinued

Originally Posted by mcphill
TBH, I'm not happy with the stick on caps either. I have purchased the CF OEM cap from Harper Jaguar for the right side, and am souring the internet to find the left side (seems they are all sold out...). If anyone has a left side, please let me know!
About 2 yrs ago Jag put Carbon mirror caps and cf hood/side vents on a huge discount. Sold everything fast. They have only about 50 right side left and have for over a year. I a got lucky and bought them right befor they sold out. It took me a year to find a new CF oem diffuser. And almost 2 years to find the oem carbon fiber svr rear wing set. You can still get the rear wing stull ( they raised rhe price to 7k) And mounting bracket piece.1k)..but the actorory motor mechanism is unavailable( discontinued)..so it makes it useless. Also, side skirts are available still ( I think).

I would go madness autoworks. You will never find the oem other side or it will take you forever unless you get lucky. The only issue is matching with other carbon pieces ..the patterns might be different. That's one reason I kept mine all oem,To match.

Last edited by 2009 XF Vail; 05-08-2023 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by 2009 XF Vail

I would go madness autoworks. You will never find the oem other side or it will take you forever unless you get lucky. The only issue is matching with other carbon pieces ..the patterns might be different. That's one reason I kept mine all oem,To match.
I found one in Lithuania on eBay. Only cost me a kidney!

Old 05-09-2023, 09:50 PM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mcphill
I found one in Lithuania on eBay. Only cost me a kidney!
I know that seller( i think). He is asking $1800 for a oem pair. If you need impossible to find carbon parts..he is the go to.

Old 05-27-2023, 01:49 PM
Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

Did you have to pull the side mirror itself off, I am a little confused by your directions?

Thanks

Old 05-27-2023, 08:25 PM

Not the whole mirror, just the mirrored glass itself. With the mirrored glass removed you can then remove the top cap cover on the front of the mirror assembly. There is a clip behind the mirrored glass you need to get to in order to remove the top cap.

Hope that helps clarify.

Old 05-27-2023, 08:38 PM
Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

That did, thanks!!

Old 05-28-2023, 08:06 AM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by 2009 XF Vail
About 2 yrs ago Jag put Carbon mirror caps and cf hood/side vents on a huge discount. Sold everything fast. They have only about 50 right side left and have for over a year. I a got lucky and bought them right befor they sold out. It took me a year to find a new CF oem diffuser. And almost 2 years to find the oem carbon fiber svr rear wing set. You can still get the rear wing stull ( they raised rhe price to 7k) And mounting bracket piece.1k)..but the actorory motor mechanism is unavailable( discontinued)..so it makes it useless. Also, side skirts are available still ( I think).

+1 - I ordered two sets from Harper because they were so cheap and they doubled my order - sent another box with mirror caps, mats, and some various parts a few days later - I offered to keep the extras at a discount and sold the extra caps. I have most of the madness (Koshi) parts and factory caps, hood vents, and power vents and everything matches well.