F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snow tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Snow tires

Anyone have experience in putting snow tires on their F-type?

I saw a brief article on it but it was on the S model. I'm also wondering if a set of 19" wheels would even fit over the calipers on the R.

I'm looking to possibly pick up a set of wheels and tires to have on hand for the capability of running around in the snow. Normally its not on the ground for too long around here luckily.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by speedhacks

I saw a brief article on it but it was on the S model. I'm also wondering if a set of 19" wheels would even fit over the calipers on the R.

I'm looking to possibly pick up a set of wheels and tires to have on hand for the capability of running around in the snow. Normally its not on the ground for too long around here luckily.
I have the "Super Performance" brakes and 19s, so unless you have carbon/ceramic brakes, I'd say the answer is yes. There's not a lot of room between the rim and caliper, but enough.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i have on my v6s 255x35R20 Front and 295x30R20 Back Continental TS 830p winter tires with 20" Cyclone wheels.

No issues so far in the Alps

Old 12-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

On my last XKR I went to 19" winter wheels and Toyo snow tires... no problem with brake clearance and I believe the F type R has the same size brakes.
The Toyo's have fairly good lugs for snow and ground walnut shell for ice traction.. they are far superior to the pirrelli snows that I had previously. My FtypeR is garaged for the winter so I did not bother switching the wheels over to my 19" snows.. at least not this year.
Lawrence