F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So-Cal Jaguar track day?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So-Cal Jaguar track day?

Guys, tired of hearing my Porsche friends (and others) talking about their track days... Is anyone interested in setting one up? Doesn't have to be exclusively F-Types (or even Jags) since I'm not sure there are enought cars. It sure would be fun though not to be the only Jaguar in a group of M4s and GT3s..

Old 11-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

I might be interested. The F-Type is my only car so I'm a little hesitant to take it on a track.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am very interested one way to have to buy new tires!

Old 11-23-2015, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,419 Posts

I was supposed to be on the track this past Saturday and Sunday, but because of a number of circumstances I couldn't make it. I do most of the track events of SoCal Audi Club as the President is a friend. The "local" event that they do a couple of times a year is at Buttonwillow Raceway in Bakersfield about an hour and fifteen minutes north of L.A. I have also done the Hooked on Driving event at Buttonwillow (enjoyed their event much more). Even though they are Audi Club events, the majority of the cars are not Audis. At the last event, there were many Corvettes, Porsches, a McClaren, my Jag, and a whole host of other makes.

They also put on an event at Sonoma raceway, home of the Audi Experience.

Anyone interested in receiving the information on these events, let me know, and I'll make sure it gets sent to you. Buttonwillow is a relatively tame course, a good place for those having their first track day experience. I took the F-type V8S that JagUSA lent me for a few days there a couple of years ago. And before I had my XKR coupe, I used to take my Pantera, so any make is welcome.

Attached Thumbnails So-Cal Jaguar track day?-nic_0436-1280x853-.jpg   So-Cal Jaguar track day?-nic_0444-1280x853-.jpg   So-Cal Jaguar track day?-group-b-esses-speed-shots-cp4_2059-jan3015-photo_by_brian.jpg   So-Cal Jaguar track day?-group-b-cotton-corners-cp4_1296-jan3015-photo_by_brian.jpg   So-Cal Jaguar track day?-vp__3982-1280x853-.jpg  

Old 12-21-2015, 08:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't been to Buttonwillow yet, but that's my brother's favorite track.

I've been to Big Willow and Streets. So far, I like Big Willow more... Streets was fun, but much slower and more technical. Doesn't let you really use the V8's power much. I hear Buttonwillow is a good balance, but a there's also the Roval at AAA, which looks like a lot of fun...

I've been going with Speedistrict.com. Their events are never crowded and by 1pm it's usually a half-empty open track.

Here are some pictures from the last few times we went out.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

There should be some local clubs that hold events and open them up to all types of car. There is also track insurance for crashes. Expensive, probably $500-$700 with a 10%-20% deductible, but probably worth it if you are risk averse like some of us.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:45 AM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Danny
I haven't been to Buttonwillow yet, but that's my brother's favorite track.

I've been to Big Willow and Streets. So far, I like Big Willow more... Streets was fun, but much slower and more technical. Doesn't let you really use the V8's power much. I hear Buttonwillow is a good balance, but a there's also the Roval at AAA, which looks like a lot of fun...

I've been going with Speedistrict.com. Their events are never crowded and by 1pm it's usually a half-empty open track.

Here are some pictures from the last few times we went out.
The Southern California Jaguar Dealers typically host a Track Day event for the benefit of their recent and loyal owners. The last few years this event has been held at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway about 40 minutes east of Indio. The last event was held late March or early April of this year, so I would anticipate the same for 2016, but its a bit early for an announcement. Cost was a stunningly affordable $100, thanks to the sponsoring dealers. Well organized, AutoX laps in the parking lot in the AM, lunch provided in cost, open track sessions after noon. Jaguars ONLY, had approximately 30 cars there this last year, broken into two groups, so everyone's well spaced on the circuit, no competitive passing allowed, which was welcomed by everyone cause no one wants to leave with body damage to their shiny new toys...
I can inquire about the date for the next event if you would like.

The following users liked this post:
BierNut (12-24-2015)
Old 12-24-2015, 04:36 AM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
The Southern California Jaguar Dealers typically host a Track Day event for the benefit of their recent and loyal owners. The last few years this event has been held at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway about 40 minutes east of Indio. The last event was held late March or early April of this year, so I would anticipate the same for 2016, but its a bit early for an announcement. Cost was a stunningly affordable $100, thanks to the sponsoring dealers. Well organized, AutoX laps in the parking lot in the AM, lunch provided in cost, open track sessions after noon. Jaguars ONLY, had approximately 30 cars there this last year, broken into two groups, so everyone's well spaced on the circuit, no competitive passing allowed, which was welcomed by everyone cause no one wants to leave with body damage to their shiny new toys...
I can inquire about the date for the next event if you would like.
That actually sounds like a pretty good deal. Count me in if they are doing another one.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by LynxFX
That actually sounds like a pretty good deal. Count me in if they are doing another one.
I will inquire about the next event.
Forgot to mention that they also had several "Track Pros" available to either ride-along and provide pointers, or take you for a lap or two in your car to demonstrate what you could expect to get out of these cars.

Old 12-24-2015, 02:07 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

I too would join in on this.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Me, as well.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:27 PM
Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

I would be interested in this too.