F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So Jaguar never fixed the Low Battery problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 07:45 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

1. If you can figure out the search terms, the window reset has been described many times here. It either varies by model year, or by coupe vs. vert, don't remember which. Or my manual is wrong, which wouldn't be the first time.

2. The procedure is in your owner's manual.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (12-15-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 08:03 PM
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

I had a CEL come on, so I scanned it with my cheap-o scanner. The next morning I got the low battery warning message when I got in the car. I guess this would explain it. I didn't have to reset the battery. I took the car in for service and I suppose they reset it.

Old 12-14-2016, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

For the center display settings: hit the menu button on the steering wheel, scroll up or down to Display Settings, hit the menu button, scroll to the desired feature, hit menu button again, scroll right as necessary to get to the features you want. Scroll left a number of times to exit out. Full description on pages 41+ in the 2016 owners manual

For reprogramming windows (page 160):
The windows will need to be reset if the battery is disconnected, becomes discharged, or the power supply is interrupted. Once the power supply is restored, reset thewindows as follows:
1. Close the window fully, and release the switch.

2. Lift the switch to the close position, and hold for 2 seconds.
3. Repeat this process a total of 5 times.Test the window, to check that one-touch operation is working correctly. Repeat the process for the remaining window.

These two steps along with the battery disconnect need to be done every time I tap into the OBD port.

Given the battle needed on the clutch problem and the Meridian issue, this battle just isn't worth fighting with Jag since there is a quick fix.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (12-15-2016)
Old 12-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
For the center display settings: hit the menu button on the steering wheel, scroll up or down to Display Settings, hit the menu button, scroll to the desired feature, hit menu button again, scroll right as necessary to get to the features you want. Scroll left a number of times to exit out. Full description on pages 41+ in the 2016 owners manual

For reprogramming windows (page 160):
The windows will need to be reset if the battery is disconnected, becomes discharged, or the power supply is interrupted. Once the power supply is restored, reset thewindows as follows:
1. Close the window fully, and release the switch.

2. Lift the switch to the close position, and hold for 2 seconds.
3. Repeat this process a total of 5 times.Test the window, to check that one-touch operation is working correctly. Repeat the process for the remaining window.

These two steps along with the battery disconnect need to be done every time I tap into the OBD port.

Given the battle needed on the clutch problem and the Meridian issue, this battle just isn't worth fighting with Jag since there is a quick fix.
That's insane. Will ask dealer, but that sort of fix sounds unlikely?

Thanks DJS and Unhingd.... truly. Cheers!