F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold my f-type for a project car (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 07:50 PM
Received 179 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Sold my svr f-type for a project car (pic heavy)

Things never work out like planned, and in my case, very often, it may even be the opposite. After buying the 2022 f-pace svr in May, I was content to keep it as my daily driver, bringing my 17’ f-type svr to the weekend car/once in a while car status. I even went and got all the major 6yrs preventive maintenance work done, AND having the car ceramic coated in June, thinking that I would keep it for a 5-10 yrs.

And then I came across a Project 8 with 4k miles for a decent price and it’s all over. I couldn’t justify having three Jags in the garage so the red F type is now gone and in its place is a blue four door. Here are some photos.

Last edited by Lizard; 09-12-2023 at 07:53 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Lizard:
BruceTheQuail (09-12-2023), DJS (09-13-2023), Mahjik (09-13-2023), Simonusa0 (09-18-2023), Thunder Dump (09-13-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 08:22 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn man, that's gorgeous! I thought I had read there's only about 35 or so in the States? How does it compare to the F Type you sold?

Old 09-13-2023, 01:05 AM
Received 281 Likes on 211 Posts

I have a picture of almost that exact car on my PC desktop! What a beautiful rig. In typical Dan fashion, I have absolutely fallen in love with a car that isn't made in RHD so I will never ever be able to own 🤦

I'm not sure about the solid-spoke wheels as it seems a shame to hide the lovely brakes, but I certainly wouldn't kick that beautiful machine out of my garage over that 😂

When you say you "Bought a project car" are you playing on the name Project 8, or do you have plans to do something with it?

Last edited by dangoesfast; 09-13-2023 at 01:07 AM.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:46 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by dangoesfast
In typical Dan fashion, I have absolutely fallen in love with a car that isn't made in RHD so I will never ever be able to own
Harry Metcalfe (of Harry's Garage) seems to get on okay with his in the UK.

Old 09-13-2023, 07:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,408 Likes on 1,894 Posts

Beautiful color for sure!
Very unique.

The following users liked this post:
Lizard (09-13-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 559 Likes on 359 Posts

For a 'project' car. I read that entirely differently!

Old 09-13-2023, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by dangoesfast
I have a picture of almost that exact car on my PC desktop! What a beautiful rig. In typical Dan fashion, I have absolutely fallen in love with a car that isn't made in RHD so I will never ever be able to own 🤦

I'm not sure about the solid-spoke wheels as it seems a shame to hide the lovely brakes, but I certainly wouldn't kick that beautiful machine out of my garage over that 😂

When you say you "Bought a project car" are you playing on the name Project 8, or do you have plans to do something with it?
I agree with you about the wheels.
Just a play on word. This thing is staying stock all the way.

Old 09-13-2023, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by tomkinsong
Damn man, that's gorgeous! I thought I had read there's only about 35 or so in the States? How does it compare to the F Type you sold?
I’ll do a quick Pros & Cons list comparing the P8 and the F-type SVR:

Pros:

-P8 is noticeably faster of the line, but especially mid-range on up. The engine seems to love the rev despite having the same redline as the SVR.

-P8 suspension is very flat. The only other car that I’ve very driven that it reminds me of is a 911 gt2 RS. It comes out of corner with such grip, aided by the power from the engine, that it feels like nothing I can do on public streets will give it a sweat. It has about the same firmness as my SVR did, but feels much more stabilized (the SVR has some rebounds that makes the car feel loose when driven hard).

-The CC brakes on the car is much more effective than the CC brakes on my SVR. After some readings, I learned that these are made from a different grade than the ones on the SVR f-types. They have stronger feel and bites, and no squeals either.

-The gear box is much more responsive to both up and down shifts. It’s the same gear box the Jag now use in the F-paces svr and it makes the driving experience much more engaging than the gear box in my f-type.

-P8 lets you hear more of the supercharger whine than the SVR. However, the exhaust is not at loud (see ,my Cons).

Cons:

-SVR exhaust has more pops and bangs. The P8 is loud, but it’s missing the backfires that the f-type has. I can drive my f-type twenty/thirty mile per hours around the center of the city and have a great smile on my face listening to the pops and bangs. In the P8, you can hear the chain saw like bark on up shifts and down shift, but it’s more “grown up” sound for most of the time.

-I think the SVR f-type looks classier, like a super car. The P8 looks radical and gets ridiculous amount of attention, but sometimes it gives me a Subaru WRX vibe.

-The interior of the P8 doesn’t feel as nice as the one in my f type. There’s plenty of leather, and the head unit is newer, but it’s missing the alcantara and some of the small leather surfaces that my f-type had that made it feel more special.

In summary, the P8 is for fast driving. It will reward you with its ability to handle corners, accelerates and brakes harder on any twisty roads you can find. It will leave you (and any passengers) with a smile and feeling of awe inspiring.

The SVR F type is good for cruising and going to set destinations. Its driver prioritizes blasting in straight line and letting its exhaust barked and gurgles around town while driving not much more than the speed limit. If it’s my only sporty car, I would choose the f-type since it’ll be more fun more of the times as a street car. However, I’m fortunate enough to have other vehicles to fill in that role, the P8 is now the perfect addition to the fleet as a unique and drivers-oriented car that could still be loud and obnoxious on occasions.

The following users liked this post:
tomkinsong (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 08:36 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lizard
I’ll do a quick Pros & Cons list comparing the P8 and the F-type SVR:

Pros:

-P8 is noticeably faster of the line, but especially mid-range on up. The engine seems to love the rev despite having the same redline as the SVR.

-P8 suspension is very flat. The only other car that I’ve very driven that it reminds me of is a 911 gt2 RS. It comes out of corner with such grip, aided by the power from the engine, that it feels like nothing I can do on public streets will give it a sweat. It has about the same firmness as my SVR did, but feels much more stabilized (the SVR has some rebounds that makes the car feel loose when driven hard).

-The CC brakes on the car is much more effective than the CC brakes on my SVR. After some readings, I learned that these are made from a different grade than the ones on the SVR f-types. They have stronger feel and bites, and no squeals either.

-The gear box is much more responsive to both up and down shifts. It’s the same gear box the Jag now use in the F-paces svr and it makes the driving experience much more engaging than the gear box in my f-type.

-P8 lets you hear more of the supercharger whine than the SVR. However, the exhaust is not at loud (see ,my Cons).

Cons:

-SVR exhaust has more pops and bangs. The P8 is loud, but it’s missing the backfires that the f-type has. I can drive my f-type twenty/thirty mile per hours around the center of the city and have a great smile on my face listening to the pops and bangs. In the P8, you can hear the chain saw like bark on up shifts and down shift, but it’s more “grown up” sound for most of the time.

-I think the SVR f-type looks classier, like a super car. The P8 looks radical and gets ridiculous amount of attention, but sometimes it gives me a Subaru WRX vibe.

-The interior of the P8 doesn’t feel as nice as the one in my f type. There’s plenty of leather, and the head unit is newer, but it’s missing the alcantara and some of the small leather surfaces that my f-type had that made it feel more special.

In summary, the P8 is for fast driving. It will reward you with its ability to handle corners, accelerates and brakes harder on any twisty roads you can find. It will leave you (and any passengers) with a smile and feeling of awe inspiring.

The SVR F type is good for cruising and going to set destinations. Its driver prioritizes blasting in straight line and letting its exhaust barked and gurgles around town while driving not much more than the speed limit. If it’s my only sporty car, I would choose the f-type since it’ll be more fun more of the times as a street car. However, I’m fortunate enough to have other vehicles to fill in that role, the P8 is now the perfect addition to the fleet as a unique and drivers-oriented car that could still be loud and obnoxious on occasions.
Great summary and compare! You can of course cram another 2x folks in the P8 and I'm sure there's way more storage. I would think a great weekend getaway car!

Quite a stable of cars man but I'll happily take your "old" ones! 🤣