Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone hit my car and took off.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:03 PM
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

......$25,052.25

The following 2 users liked this post by NoScurdyJags:
Mbourne (05-17-2017), Unhingd (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 09:22 PM
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

25k, that's such a bummer man. I hate how careless/irresponsible some people are. I got my front bumper scraped by some uninsured a-hole a few weeks ago. It was nothing compared to you what happened to you but I can empathize.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by OrangeYouGlad
25k, that's such a bummer man. I hate how careless/irresponsible some people are. I got my front bumper scraped by some uninsured a-hole a few weeks ago. It was nothing compared to you what happened to you but I can empathize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jXD1lm2CP8
WTF?!!! This a-hole backs into your car - no way didn't know he did - and has the audacity not to leave a note? It's clearly not worth it "confronting" someone of such low character and you are to be applauded for (at least your outward) calm demeanor. And, of course, you have every right to be pi$$ed off!!!

Karma will pay this low-life back, I can assure you.

Good luck!

Last edited by RickyJay52; 05-16-2017 at 09:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
NoScurdyJags (05-16-2017), OrangeYouGlad (05-17-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

That $25k also is contemplating used parts. I would not allow the insurance company to get away with that. OEM supplied parts and an authorized Jag repair shop, or nothing.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by OrangeYouGlad
Thanks man! Yea it sucks when some **** head damages your property and doesn't even give a damn, no note, or in my case, doesn't stop to make sure you're ok! Im glad you were able to get his paint off, should have carved an haiku onto his door!

The only item that I see with any mention of used or recycled parts is line 135 REMOVE/REPLACE - BUMPER FLEX MATERIALS - Quality Recycled Part.
The rest are oem parts with oem part numbers. Im going to call DC tomorrow to confirm this.
Completion date is 07/11/17, almost 2 more months without my car....

:/

Last edited by NoScurdyJags; 05-17-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:25 PM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by NoScurdyJags
Yea definitely. I leased this car without even once sitting in it to see how it felt or driving it. This time, (If they total my car) I think I will test drive the 8spd to see how it compares to the MT. It obviously is faster and gets higher MPG than the MT, but is it as fun

On a side note, I saw a red Alfa 4C yesterday and damn it looked good! Its so impractical and just a fun weekend car, but, if those lease well, I might have to drive one....
i have an f type v8s and an Alfa 4c. They are polar opposites,pm if you want an honest comparison.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:34 PM
Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Noscurdyjags: I'm so sorry to see this happened to you, glad you are ok though, which is the main thing.

The following users liked this post:
NoScurdyJags (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 12:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Twice my guesstimate wow. Aluminum cars - another reality.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:20 AM
Veteran Member

The only item that I see with any mention of used or recycled parts is line 135 REMOVE/REPLACE - BUMPER FLEX MATERIALS - Quality Recycled Part.

The rest are oem parts with oem part numbers. Im going to call DC tomorrow to confirm this.

Completion date is 07/11/17, almost 2 more months without my car....

:-/
Last full page:" This estimate has been prepared based on the use of crash parts provided by a source other than the manufacturer of your vehicle." You could be correct that there is only one part that this applies to, but it's best to double check.

Last edited by Unhingd; 05-17-2017 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:34 AM
Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

I noted the same point about the end of the estimate. YES, they list P/Ns, however that's so they know how to price each part. I believe their qualifier applies to everything since that is now SOP at insurance companies. It's all about profit now, not taking care of you unfortunately.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:38 AM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Last full page:" This estimate has been prepared based on the use of crash parts provided by a source other than the manufacturer of your vehicle." You could be correct that there is only one part that this applies to, but it's best to double check.
It also said no LKQ parts which I interpreted to mean no recycled parts. LKQ is a major player in the recycled parts biz. But I agree, a Jag approved shop with only Jag parts.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by inmanlanier
I noted the same point about the end of the estimate. YES, they list P/Ns, however that's so they know how to price each part. I believe their qualifier applies to everything since that is now SOP at insurance companies. It's all about profit now, not taking care of you unfortunately.
Originally Posted by Dogbreath!
It also said no LKQ parts which I interpreted to mean no recycled parts. LKQ is a major player in the recycled parts biz. But I agree, a Jag approved shop with only Jag parts.

I just got off the phone with the shop. They confirmed that ALL parts being replaced are with brand new OEM parts. No recycled, no lkq, no used parts of any kind. The last paragraph is a blanket CYA statement by the shop which can apply in certain situations but does not in my case. The only items which are not OEM is the tire (which they confirmed will be a new ContiSportC2) and the sealant for the liftgate glass as well as the bumper caulking, sanding additive, paint flex additive. Since those items are not manufactured by JLR they have to be aftermarket.

Only 55 days left now.......

Old 05-17-2017, 06:08 PM

If I were you, I'd have them strike the line from the estimate, sign it and then give it to you. This then makes it a contact with you. I have learned to trust no one's word about squat. Inspect their invoices when they come in - in other words - not "trust, but verify" - instead "don't trust - AND verify"! Good luck.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by inmanlanier
If I were you, I'd have them strike the line from the estimate, sign it and then give it to you. This then makes it a contact with you. I have learned to trust no one's word about squat. Inspect their invoices when they come in - in other words - not "trust, but verify" - instead "don't trust - AND verify"! Good luck.
I actually asked them to send me what they told me in an email stating that no used/recycled or aftermarket parts will be used (with the exception of what I mentioned earlier).

I received that email, but still, I will keep a close eye on things to make sure all is as promised!

Old 05-17-2017, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member

I actually asked them to send me what they told me in an email stating that no used/recycled or aftermarket parts will be used (with the exception of what I mentioned earlier).

I received that email, but still, I will keep a close eye on things to make sure all is as promised!
Is the shop Jag certified?

Old 05-17-2017, 08:23 PM

Is the shop Jag certified?
Yessir! I called the dealer and they recommended this shop (DC Autocraft), I also checked Jaguar Authorized Aluminum Repair Network Overview | Jaguar USA and confirmed that they are listed as a certified Jag repair shop.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:01 AM
Veteran Member

Yessir! I called the dealer and they recommended this shop (DC Autocraft), I also checked Jaguar Authorized Aluminum Repair Network Overview | Jaguar USA and confirmed that they are listed as a certified Jag repair shop.
Perfect. It'll be good as new when done.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:05 AM

With a little diligence and oversight - all will work out well. Too bad your car will have that blemish on its history - but a good shop can put cars back together without any issues going forward.