Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound from brakes(?) cold start/gear shift

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound from brakes(?) cold start/gear shift

Hi there,

I purchased my F-TYPE V6S a few months ago here in the Netherlands. After a little while I noticed an annoying noise. I couldn't remember if from the first few days, but since it began, it hasn't really stopped. :-(

When the car has been parked in the garage over night (so it was standing still for a decent amount of time) I start it the next morning. I push the brakes and put the gear selector in drive. At that very moment I hear a fairly loud squeel/squeek and you can even feel the car move a little. The same happens if I were to put the car from reverse into drive or vice versa. The sound seems similar to that coming of the brakes when I gently release them (tight garage door opening, so it requires some finess :-) ). If I've driven a short while, the sound will not come back for the rest of the day.

I've made a video of the sound and had a talk with my dealer. They say it's perfectly normal and has to do with corrosion on the disks and the movement of the brake pads. On the one hand I'm happy it's nothing serious, on the other hand... the sound is rather unpleasant and annoying. Does this sound recognizable to anyone? Is it really normal?

Any input is very much appreciated!
- Sander