F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoiler Deployment

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler Deployment

The spoiler manual deploy button in my 2021 R does not work. The Jaguar dealership stated that prior to the 2021 models, the button was not functional on Coupe's, and may be the same with 2021 models. They have an inquiry into Jaguar. However, the car manual notes the functionality of the button and does not mention anything about only working with soft tops.

Does the manual deploy button work for anyone who has a 2021 model?

Old 07-07-2020, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by cjtallman
The spoiler manual deploy button in my 2021 R does not work. The Jaguar dealership stated that prior to the 2021 models, the button was not functional on Coupe's, and may be the same with 2021 models. They have an inquiry into Jaguar. However, the car manual notes the functionality of the button and does not mention anything about only working with soft tops.

Does the manual deploy button work for anyone who has a 2021 model?
From what I understand on my ‘19... The manual deploy button is really just used for cleaning. Turn the car on without starting the engine. Once it’s on, you should be able to hold the manual spoiler button and it raise up. It can never be manually deployed if the engine is on though.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:25 PM

I have a 2021 R as well and yes as MBlack states the spoiler deployment only works when the engine is turned off and the car put in accessory mode for cleaning purposes.. I've been told models sold in Europe will deploy on demand anytime but for some reason that is not the same in the US..?

Old 07-08-2020, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

In the US, the deploy buttons on all models work only at a standstill for cleaning purposes. The spoiler then automatically retracts as the car exceeds ~3mph.

Old 07-08-2020, 03:14 PM

It worked! Funny how the Jaguar dealerships don't know the functionality of the cars they sell. I passed the info on to them.

Thank you!

Old 07-08-2020, 03:15 PM

Thank you!

Old 10-02-2020, 06:57 PM
Received 115 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
In the US, the deploy buttons on all models work only at a standstill for cleaning purposes. The spoiler then automatically retracts as the car exceeds ~3mph.
can it be retracted with the car off by the button? Ill pass this info on to my paint man.

Old 10-02-2020, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,246 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by cjtallman
It worked! Funny how the Jaguar dealerships don't know the functionality of the cars they sell. I passed the info on to them.

Thank you!

There are other things they do not know and the most important is this: low battery voltage is responsible for an overwhelming amount of supposed system failures as indicated by warning lights and other symptoms. They often test the battery and pronounce it "good" - after all the car always starts, doesn't it? Batteries nearing the end of their life, batteries in cars used infrequently or for short runs (or worse, a combination of these two), batteries damaged by deep discharge...all of these will produce random and apparently serious symptoms (the operative word here is "apparently"). We have had examples of cars torn apart by the dealer to find mysterious ailments with no result. In the end, replacement of the battery with a new and FULLY CHARGED battery has very often been the cure.
You might consider purchasing, permanently installing and USING a CTEK battery maintainer if this car is not to be your daily driver.

Old 10-03-2020, 07:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by 19FRG
can it be retracted with the car off by the button? Ill pass this info on to my paint man.
Yes, you can retract with the button at a standstill as well.