F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoiler not available

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler not available

I'm new to the group and I just purchased a 2015 F-Type S V8 convertible , LOVE the car, the only problem that I have is that when I push the spoiler button without the engine running and the ignition on I get SPOILER NOT AVAILABLE, and if I get the car past 60mph the spoiler will not raise, is there anything I can check before I take it to the dealer?

Old 04-14-2021, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

My first thought is that the previous owner might have unplugged it.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:23 PM

I disassemble the spoiler and it was still plugged in, unless it was unplugged or disabled somewhere else and there was a fuse in the driver side foot well for the rear spoiler, but that was good

Old 04-15-2021, 02:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

I recall there being a few different ways to disable the spoiler, but you'd have to search here for them if no one steps up with more information.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:06 PM

thanks, I'll take a look

Old 04-15-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by maguar
I'm new to the group and I just purchased a 2015 F-Type S V8 convertible , LOVE the car, the only problem that I have is that when I push the spoiler button without the engine running and the ignition on I get SPOILER NOT AVAILABLE, and if I get the car past 60mph the spoiler will not raise, is there anything I can check before I take it to the dealer?
I recently had this issue fixed by the dealer. I drove on the highway around 75mph as the spoiler should deploy at around 70mph and it did not deploy. I had the same message you were receiving as well. The issue with mine per the dealer was a related to the fuse. You can start there. Good Luck!

Old 04-15-2021, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by ajphoto
I recently had this issue fixed by the dealer. I drove on the highway around 75mph as the spoiler should deploy at around 70mph and it did not deploy. I had the same message you were receiving as well. The issue with mine per the dealer was a related to the fuse. You can start there. Good Luck!
For my RHD MY 2015 V6S coupe the Owner's Handbook shows the spoiler fuse as in the Passenger Compartment fuse box, left side A pillar fuse box as follows:
"F13 10A Red Chassis control module (spoiler), JaguarDrive control switch".
So removing that fuse should also disable the "JaguarDrive control switch" which I guess is the snow mode/dynamic switch and which I for one would not want to disable!
Also that fuse box might be on the other side for LHD cars, ie in the right side A pillar.

Edit - I checked the Owner's Handbook again (one day I will RTFM!) and as suspected the "JaguarDrive control switch" IS the snow/dynamic switch.

Last edited by OzXFR; 04-16-2021 at 04:36 AM.
Old 04-16-2021, 02:20 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

You might find this interesting. From the F-type V6 Repair Manual, posted by some guy called OzXFR. This is from the first model year (or thereabouts), things may have changed.
F13 does power at least part of the switchpack (spoiler, ECO) and the spoiler (via the spoiler inhibit, spoiler up, and spoiler down relays.)

The following 2 users liked this post by DJS:
Mahjik (09-27-2023), uncheel (09-28-2023)
Old 05-11-2021, 09:53 AM

Thanks for all the help, but I've been trying to fix this problem for about a month now and I can resolve it, My scanner say that it's a permanent fault CHCM C105A-01 (actuator circuit Group A) I don't know what that mean, but it sounds like a relay, I also couldn't find anything that IDs the relays, and searched the forum and I couldn't find anything related to my problem. I took the spoiler apart and it's was still plugged into the harness. any more suggestions would be appreciated before I take it to the dealer

Old 05-11-2021, 11:39 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Here's what's in OzXFR's 2014 Repair Manual for that code (p. 2244)...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2hfjv7bas...anual.pdf?dl=0

C105A-01

Actuator
Circuit Group A
- General
Electrical
Failure

Fuse failure
Harness fault

Check fuse
Refer to the electrical circuit
diagrams and check the
integrated suspension control
module deployable rear
spoiler power supply fuse
and circuit - Circuit reference
VBATT AIR - For short circuit
to ground, short circuit to
power, open circuit, high
resistance. Repair circuit as
required, clear DTC and retest
Refer to the electrical circuit
diagrams and check the
deployable rear spoiler valve
circuits for short circuit to
ground, short circuit to
power, open circuit, high
resistance. Repair circuit as
required, clear DTC and retest

The following users liked this post:
Mahjik (09-27-2023)
Old 08-19-2022, 07:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

All,

I have a similar issue regarding the "spoiler not available" error message. I have a 2017 V6S Coupe and recently had the vehicle serviced to replace the front bumper and driver side headlight (someone scraped my car while it was parked).

A few days have passed since I got my car back and when I went above 120kph for the first time after the service, the rear spoiler would not deploy. At the next traffic stop and with the vehicle stopped and in P, I tried to manually raise the spoiler with the console button and was unsuccessful. After having parked the car a few hours, I get in the car and before driving away I tried to raise the spoiler manually and it worked. However, after going above 120kph, the spoiler did not deploy and the same "spoiler not available" message showed up on the dash. The fact that I was able to manually deploy the spoiler right after engine start tells me the mechanicals are working OK.

Before I reach out to the dealer, would there be any steps I could take to see if I can get the issue fixed? I understand the thread mentions fuses etc. I'm not too familiar with how these things work, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by fstik; 08-19-2022 at 07:38 PM.
kophite09 (09-02-2023)
Old 09-27-2023, 09:52 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fstik
All,

I have a similar issue regarding the "spoiler not available" error message. I have a 2017 V6S Coupe and recently had the vehicle serviced to replace the front bumper and driver side headlight (someone scraped my car while it was parked).

A few days have passed since I got my car back and when I went above 120kph for the first time after the service, the rear spoiler would not deploy. At the next traffic stop and with the vehicle stopped and in P, I tried to manually raise the spoiler with the console button and was unsuccessful. After having parked the car a few hours, I get in the car and before driving away I tried to raise the spoiler manually and it worked. However, after going above 120kph, the spoiler did not deploy and the same "spoiler not available" message showed up on the dash. The fact that I was able to manually deploy the spoiler right after engine start tells me the mechanicals are working OK.

Before I reach out to the dealer, would there be any steps I could take to see if I can get the issue fixed? I understand the thread mentions fuses etc. I'm not too familiar with how these things work, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
im curious about this too since I’m having the same issue.

Old 09-28-2023, 02:35 PM

I never found a fix for my spoiler. when I get up to speed I get nothing. I removed the spoiler from the car and ran power to it and the spoiler works fine, so I'm thinking maybe something is going on with the wiring because I checked all of the fuses, and they were fine. when I press the spoiler button all I get is that it's not available when I'm in park.
let me know if you come up with a fix for your car because maybe it will also help me out.

Old 10-05-2023, 08:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does your car still shut the engine off when you are stopped at a light? If not, check out the thread on how to disable the Engine auto-cutoff (or whatever that's called). There is a simple fix - unplug a connection in the trunk. If I remember correctly, that plug will also disable the spoiler. A previous owner may have unplugged it.

Old 10-05-2023, 01:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,261 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally Posted by SunKing
Does your car still shut the engine off when you are stopped at a light? If not, check out the thread on how to disable the Engine auto-cutoff (or whatever that's called). There is a simple fix - unplug a connection in the trunk. If I remember correctly, that plug will also disable the spoiler. A previous owner may have unplugged it.
You are speaking about the Stop/Start engine function. Disabling that system has no effect on the functioning of the spoiler, at least in my experience. Disabling that annoying Stop/start was done on my car years ago. The spoiler still rises and lowers automatically as designed. My car has the two-battery system as does the car of the original poster so this cannot be a factor.

djyankees31 (10-05-2023)
Old 11-07-2023, 05:51 PM
Default Question

Originally Posted by maguar
I never found a fix for my spoiler. when I get up to speed I get nothing. I removed the spoiler from the car and ran power to it and the spoiler works fine, so I'm thinking maybe something is going on with the wiring because I checked all of the fuses, and they were fine. when I press the spoiler button all I get is that it's not available when I'm in park.
let me know if you come up with a fix for your car because maybe it will also help me out.
how did you disassemble the spoiler if it was down?

Old 11-07-2023, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by Florida guy
how did you disassemble the spoiler if it was down?
For the coupe at least, under the hatch (on the underside of it) are two oval shaped bits of plastic with a cross-hatch pattern.
Lever/pull them off and you will see two Torx bolts under each one, T30 IIRC. Undo those bolts and the spoiler lid lifts straight up and off.
You can then access the spoiler arms, motor, electrical connections etc.
However I may have missed one step - I think you need to remove the two plastic covers on the spoiler arm first (they simply push off from inside to out) - and that's a tad difficult with the spoiler down! Or maybe you don't need to do this and the spoiler lid will still unbolt, I forget the finer details now as it was many years ago.

Florida guy (11-07-2023)