Sponsored by:

Spoke with Dealer - Meridian Fix

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Spoke with Dealer - Meridian Fix

Folks
I found out today that Jaguar has a fix on it's way for the Meridian Stereo's. Apparently a software fix and something else to do with the radio. A couple of months away, but for all of you agonizing over the stereo..., there is one fix already in place, but this is a major software fix from what I understand. I don't know more than this, and will let you know if I find out anything else.

Good news is that Jaguar is taking care of business and recognizes the issue, which is a "feather in their caps"!

The following users liked this post:
jaguny (09-14-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default My audio system ...

Hi guys,
I'm still trying to figure out how I got a flawless system. Absolutey zero issues or problems with my car stereo system. Is it luck or did they do a proper install when building my 2017 MY car. Any guesses ...

Last edited by Ubad2; 09-12-2016 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just got a 2016 F-Type what exactly is the problem people are having? Mine seems fine, but maybe im not noticing something?

Old 09-12-2016, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

AHB. If you use the search feature there are several long threads on the sound system problems that some but not all have had. Its usually a horrible buzz, vibration with certain music exacerbating it. I don't have the problem but many have. It's a curious thing that seems to affect some cars but by no means all. We don't really know the percentage that were affected but JLR seems to have finally figured out how to fix it. Let's hope that takes care of it and we can put this vexing issue to rest.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

Our Maserati had radio problems, also took almost 2 years of fixes, software, and a few parts to get it acceptable. During that time they changed the system to a different brand (Bose) and now no problems. They did not offer '14-'15 owners change outs! Each step helped but took all to finally work. Some dealers went proactive to find solutions and challenged Maserati, others just blew it off till Maser offered fix.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:02 PM

Hmm thats interesting. The only issue im having at right now is that when I listen to Sat Radio i get a weird sound like theres rocks hitting my windshield. That might just be from the radio though.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:52 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

There is a TSB already. I've read it has fixed some of the problems for folks.

I had the TSB completed and things are worse.

Dropping the R off tomorrow again to have the issue addressed. Don't have much confidence in the dealership to fix the issue. Will give them one more shot at it since they started the repair, but again, no confidence in them (long story which I may post about later). If it's not resolved I'll try a different dealer.

After their first attempt to fix it, things are worse. Much worse. Completely unbearable now. Dealer states they checked their work and that I listen to music too loud and it's speaker distortion. Funny thing, if you listed to it LOUD, the bass covers up the rattle. Turn it to talk radio volume and its unbearable. Wonder who double checked that work. Anyway...getting ahead of myself. Hoping they can fix it tomorrow.

Old 09-12-2016, 11:13 PM

Ok now im curious. If they are unable to fix the problem would this issue qualify the car as a lemon?

Old 09-12-2016, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by AHB900
Ok now im curious. If they are unable to fix the problem would this issue qualify the car as a lemon?
I don't know, but I don't think I would pursue that route. I love the car far too much to allow a sound system issue to "lemon" the car. Plus, with the engineering might that JLR has, I'm sure they can come up with a fix.

When I was in high school, I had 6x9 speakers laying on top of the "dash" behind the back seat by the rear window, with giant subs in the trunk. Wrapped enough t-shirts and sweat pants around everything to keep it from rattling.

Wonder what JLR can come up with.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015Coupe
There is a TSB already. I've read it has fixed some of the problems for folks.

I had the TSB completed and things are worse.

Dealer states they checked their work and that I listen to music too loud and it's speaker distortion.
Suggestion if you can stand it and be patient. I would find a different dealer, and wait for the new fix to come through in a few months. I know it is a while without the cars stereo working, but beats having them continually adjust, take things apart etc. From what I understand it is to be the "ultimate" fix thus why they are waiting to release to make sure it is perm.! Good Luck, and this "TOO LOUD" quote is mere avoidance by a dealer, and sad to think people are that stupid. They may say you listen too loud, but then that must mean they fix things with quality "TOO LOW"!

Old 09-13-2016, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Suggestion if you can stand it and be patient. I would find a different dealer, and wait for the new fix to come through in a few months. I know it is a while without the cars stereo working, but beats having them continually adjust, take things apart etc. From what I understand it is to be the "ultimate" fix thus why they are waiting to release to make sure it is perm.! Good Luck, and this "TOO LOUD" quote is mere avoidance by a dealer, and sad to think people are that stupid. They may say you listen too loud, but then that must mean they fix things with quality "TOO LOW"!
I have to try to get the speakers fixed now as their initial repair made things much worse and you cant listen to anything (talk radio or music) on it now. Its just a constant loud rattle any time a little bit of bass hits next to my right ear now.

Going to try and have them get it as good as they can, and then look forward to this final fix hopefully soon.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Waiting patiently (not really) for the fix.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:40 AM

So.....

Dropped off the R to have my trim fixed (now that the parts came in), and they looked at the speaker rattles since they only made them worse after the initial fix.

Informed the dealer of this software fix coming out. Said he hadn't heard anything and questioned how software could fix it. Let him know that sound engineers can work a lot of magic with sound waves.

He calls me later stating that there actually is a software fix out there now for the speakers and they will apply it.

Picked up the R, and although the rattling has lessened...it's still there.

I feel as though the speaker fix just "dumbed down" the sound system a little. It doesn't sound as good as before I dropped it off. (my opinion). With the rattles, if you listen to music loud enough, it drowns out the rattling sound. And I like loud music, so that worked, except when I didn't want loud music, and the rattling drove me crazy.

So, my issue is still not resolved after the TSB fix + the software fix.

On my receipt it shows:

869942 Configure Amplifier Module Using IDS/SDD
FC: 42
Part# T2R10501-xxx