F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sprintbooster

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 08:41 PM
Received 253 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Does it come with a free bottle of replacement diff oil extracted from an assortment of rattlesnakes, cottonmouths and death adders?
No but you can get $5.00 coupon on this amazing product. Add it your oil and you get another 0.3sec off.

Kidding aside... look at the price of this BS

https://www.bonanza.com/listings/3-e...AaAvH4EALw_wcB

Old 07-25-2018, 08:50 PM

How about a group buy of this tuning chip... Stage 22 and 155Hp. I need that!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stage-22-15...Ba7YaN&vxp=mtr

Old 07-25-2018, 09:06 PM
V8S
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm afraid you've misunderstood the term "horsepower," that is: work done, meaning mass moved, over time. You can't measure "horsepower at the crank" without first assuming that rpm is proportional to distance. That's a necessary assumption to make engine comparisons easy for people who don't get the physics.

I know it's like science and stuff but if you want to argue an opinion, it's important to understand what the terms actually mean and the assumptions behind each concept. Otherwise, you are right, it isn't worth arguing.

To the OP, you are right that reducing throttle lag does provide power gains because power is defined by all as work done over time. So you can increase power by either increasing the work, or, by decreasing the time the work is done. Reducing throttle lag does the latter.

​​​Lag is not a defined scientific term, like power, but it is an industry term to describe the time it takes to achieve a given throttle setting after the initiation of pedal movement. An on/off switch with no dampening logic would have no throttle lag.

Last edited by V8S; 07-25-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by V8S
I'm afraid you've misunderstood the term "horsepower," that is: work done, meaning mass moved, over time. You can't measure "horsepower at the crank" without first assuming that rpm is proportional to distance. That's a necessary assumption to make engine comparisons easy for people who don't get the physics.

I know it's like science and stuff but if you want to argue an opinion, it's important to understand what the terms actually mean and the assumptions behind each concept. Otherwise, you are right, it isn't worth arguing.

To the OP, you are right that reducing throttle lag does provide power gains because power is defined by all as work done over time. So you can increase power by either increasing the work, or, by decreasing the time the work is done. Reducing throttle lag does the latter.

​​​Lag is not a defined scientific term, like power, but isn't it common sense that the time to achieve a given throttle setting after the first initiation of pedal movement is “laggy“ when it takes more time?

WOW, I have never seen anyone manipulate the somewhat correct concept of HORSEPOWER in such a manner. Anyway the POWER is the result of Torque X Angular speed. It tells you HOW MUCH WORK an engine can do at that given speed with that TORQUE. That is if we want to simplify that. NOWHERE it matters the rate of speed change. So, please I ask that you stop spreading BS.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
It’s the free o-ring that makes it so effective
It’s the free o-ring that makes it so effective compelling.

Fixed that for you.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:53 PM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by FType17
WOW, I have never seen anyone manipulate the somewhat correct concept of HORSEPOWER in such a manner. Anyway the POWER is the result of Torque X Angular speed. It tells you HOW MUCH WORK an engine can do at that given speed with that TORQUE. That is if we want to simplify that. NOWHERE it matters the rate of speed change. So, please I ask that you stop spreading BS.
Sorry, I didn't understand your point. The work in "HP" is literally the car's mass moving some distance. The power in HP then divides that work by time required to do it. Obviously dynos can only assume that rpm is proportional to moving the mass of the car, but we all know that is wrong. HP measured at the wheels is a better number, but it still falls short of measuring the real work done, which requires actually moving the mass of the car. That's why adding an electric motor or three increases a car's HP. It's not about any one component in isolation. It's about movement of mass over time.

​​​​​​The full stupidness of pretending "shaft horsepower" (the correct way to characterize manufacturer supplied BHP) is a meaningful proxy for speed or acceleration is that a Mac Truck has more shaft horsepower than a Yugo. But the Yugo is going to win every race.

To the OP, if a sprintbooster reduces throttle response time, it does add power. Not torque (the accelerative Force in F=MA), but power (distance the Mass of the car moves over some amount of Time).

As I calculated above, a very small decrease in throttle response time can equate to a rather large power increase especially when tests take little time. A 0.1 sec decrease over a 3 second test equals exactly 25 HP at a vehicle weight of 3500 pounds.

Last edited by V8S; 07-25-2018 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
I know it's like science and stuff
Yep. It is. Technology too, but either way, I think I 'm on the science/technology side of things. Some software too. I'm also on that side.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:58 AM
Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts

Do we have a facepalm emoji here? Can the mods install it if not?

Has the dead horse named SGREENLYN been reincarnated?

Are we going to get into time travel like last time?

The pedal has no lag and no dampening effect.

Source: actual testing with data logger.

I really can not believe we're having to do this yet again.

Isn't fake science great?

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 07-26-2018 at 01:10 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by 15FTypeR
Do we have a facepalm emoji here? Can the mods install it if not?

Has the dead horse named SGREENLYN been reincarnated?

Are we going to get into time travel like last time?

The pedal has no lag and no dampening effect.

Source: actual testing with data logger.

I really can not believe we're having to do this yet again.

Isn't fake science great?
24th row, 2nd column on the emoji pop-up.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:14 AM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by indietor
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sprint-Bo...oAAOSw4a1bVoME

a friend of mine put that on a v6

wow amazing...so the question is can this damage something... i had that on porsche cayman and no problems at all only 1 time the switch go broke but the sprint booster no

so i want buy it for reduce the lag throttle but a little bit scared

on maserati forum i read horror stories

Old 07-26-2018, 05:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Why does "The Flat Earth Society" springs to my mind I wonder....

Old 07-26-2018, 05:30 AM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by indietor
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sprint-Bo...oAAOSw4a1bVoME

a friend of mine put that on a v6

wow amazing...so the question is can this damage something... i had that on porsche cayman and no problems at all only 1 time the switch go broke but the sprint booster no

so i want buy it for reduce the lag throttle but a little bit scared

on maserati forum i read horror stories
How about a report if it reduced your throttle lag? Looks like quite a few peeps are interested to know. I've been more cognizant lately and my jag definitely has some lag left in Dynamic mode I'd like to squash. Less lag would do the same work in less time which means cheap horsepower, regardless of what the noobs think. Cool idea man.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:56 AM
Veteran Member

How many times need someone here say "there is no throttle lag" before it reaches through?
The only "lag" (which is not a lag by definition) is the time it takes for a person to physically press the throttle from zero throttle to full throttle - which for a normal person would take less than 0.1 sec, if you want to.
If you increase the sensitivity of the throttle pedal (= less movement of the throttle pedal is needed to reach full throttle), you might reach full throttle some 0.0x seconds faster, which might make it feel more responsive (= faster), but it is not.
Best case is that you end up with a car that feels a bit more responsive/stronger, without actually being so.
Worst case is you end up with a car that is not faster, but too sensitive on the throttle to be able to modulate it when take off or out of corners. Which in all practical ways will make it slower.....

Old 07-26-2018, 06:25 AM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by Arne
How many times need someone here say "there is no throttle lag" before it reaches through?
The only "lag" (which is not a lag by definition) is the time it takes for a person to physically press the throttle from zero throttle to full throttle - which for a normal person would take less than 0.1 sec, if you want to.
If you increase the sensitivity of the throttle pedal (= less movement of the throttle pedal is needed to reach full throttle), you might reach full throttle some 0.0x seconds faster, which might make it feel more responsive (= faster), but it is not.
Best case is that you end up with a car that feels a bit more responsive/stronger, without actually being so.
Worst case is you end up with a car that is not faster, but too sensitive on the throttle to be able to modulate it when take off or out of corners. Which in all practical ways will make it slower.....
​​​​​​I think most have already agreed there is throttle lag. The first response suggested a vap tune to make throttle response much more aggressive.

Please explain how a vap tune makes your car slower? The same thing can't be slower in one application and faster in another.

Third, the only way a car can feel faster is to be faster. Feel comes from acceleration: F=MA. Same force (torque), same mass (car), so feel can only come from only place, more A.

More A can only come from less time elapsed, since we all agree torque is unaffected by laggy vs. snappy throttle curve.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:39 AM
Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
​​​​​​I think most have already agreed there is throttle lag. The first response suggested a vap tune to make throttle response much more aggressive.

Please explain how a vap tune makes your car slower? The same thing can't be slower in one application and faster in another.

Third, the only way a car can feel faster is to be faster. Feel comes from acceleration: F=MA. Same force (torque), same mass (car), so feel can only come from only place, more A.

More A can only come from less time elapsed, since we all agree torque is unaffected by laggy vs. snappy throttle curve.
No only you!

Your an idiot or just gullible, please go away with your BS spreading, were not fools here that believe your snake oil. Most of us here have tuned cars our self, or written throttle maps.
Pedal devices adjust throttle sensitivity and that is all they do, zero impact on performance and horsepower.

Your the one trying to use fancy formulations to prove something that in fact does not exist and not relevant to a pedal booster.

You need to get back on your spaceship and go back to button moon, you might have more luck there.

Also funny how you say we have all agreed with you, not one single person in this thread has agreed with anything you have posted, infact were all telling you the same, stop spreading total BS and lies, only you agrees with you, no one else here.
Your failing at trying to convince us and you will not succeed, but I guess you have a lot of time on your hands.

The only way you get more horsepower and actually improve performance is with hardware changes or ECU remapping, or a combination. A device that changes the throttle sensitivity has no impact on performance whatsoever, so give up!

Last edited by Gibbo205; 07-26-2018 at 06:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
FType17 (07-26-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 06:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by V8S

It is only you that thinks there is a throttle lag. Throttle lag and throttle sensitivity is two very different things.

VAP tunes makes the car faster because it is a tune that actually increases power (hp and torque). It also changes the throttle sensitivity to a certain degree, but that is not what makes the car faster/stronger.

Change in throttle sensitivity might make the car feel faster without being faster. It's just because the driver needs less throttle input to reach full power, and therefor the car feels faster - but it has just become more sensitive to throttle input. A passenger would not notice any difference if the driver floors it (either way).

The reason a too sensitive throttle might make the car slower in real world use, is very simpel. Just take it to the extreme and replace your throttle with an on/off switch were on is full throttle input and off is no throttle input. All "lag" (which is not truly lag but just how much/fast you need to move the pedal before you reach full throttle) is gone, but also all neccessary throttle modlulation and sensitivity is gone. The car will be slower at take off (due to traction problems) and slower for all other driving purposes (and it still has exactly the same power).

You seem to lack the understanding of "drivability"? A too powerfull car can be slower than a less powerfull car, if the "driveability" is poor. A too sensitive throttle can make a powerfull car slower in real world usage.....

It's rather easy to understand if you live in the real world.

And please stop lying will you.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by V8S
Sorry, I didn't understand your point. The work in "HP" is literally the car's mass moving some distance. The power in HP then divides that work by time required to do it. Obviously dynos can only assume that rpm is proportional to moving the mass of the car, but we all know that is wrong. HP measured at the wheels is a better number, but it still falls short of measuring the real work done, which requires actually moving the mass of the car. That's why adding an electric motor or three increases a car's HP. It's not about any one component in isolation. It's about movement of mass over time.

​​​​​​The full stupidness of pretending "shaft horsepower" (the correct way to characterize manufacturer supplied BHP) is a meaningful proxy for speed or acceleration is that a Mac Truck has more shaft horsepower than a Yugo. But the Yugo is going to win every race.

To the OP, if a sprintbooster reduces throttle response time, it does add power. Not torque (the accelerative Force in F=MA), but power (distance the Mass of the car moves over some amount of Time).

As I calculated above, a very small decrease in throttle response time can equate to a rather large power increase especially when tests take little time. A 0.1 sec decrease over a 3 second test equals exactly 25 HP at a vehicle weight of 3500 pounds.
Please STOP attempting to manipulate terms and formulas. Force is NOT Horsepower. Please quit showing your ignorance and attempting to make some idiotic point. Granted, an argument can be made for the ability to deliver higher torque and therefore power sooner, the HP, and Torque does NOT change. If in your twisted way, you are attempting to say that a given car coming in at 2000lbs and having 500hp can reach the same speed as a car coming in at 1500lbs and 400hp as well as a 3000lbs car with 700hp in the same time.... you are correct. However, the above are just random weights and HP to illustrate a point, a proper power/weight ratio comparison would be more accurate. Even in that case, the acceleration rate would be the same....

Old 07-26-2018, 08:49 AM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by FType17
Please STOP attempting to manipulate terms and formulas. Force is NOT Horsepower. Please quit showing your ignorance and attempting to make some idiotic point. Granted, an argument can be made for the ability to deliver higher torque and therefore power sooner, the HP, and Torque does NOT change. If in your twisted way, you are attempting to say that a given car coming in at 2000lbs and having 500hp can reach the same speed as a car coming in at 1500lbs and 400hp as well as a 3000lbs car with 700hp in the same time.... you are correct. However, the above are just random weights and HP to illustrate a point, a proper power/weight ratio comparison would be more accurate. Even in that case, the acceleration rate would be the same....
Your terms are all confused. Torque (Force) is completely unaffected by throttle lag or throttle lag reduction. Power is defined as mass moved some distance, or work done, per unit time. That's why things like new tires, AWD, or adding an electric motor all add power--because the mass of the car is moved in less time.

Confusing physics noobs even more, Dynos are rather poor approximations of power, since rpm is treated as a proxy for distance, which is a bit or majorly wrong in all cases. That's why amateurs think cars like the Nissan GT-R "defy physics " because they have zero understanding of physics. A GT-R dyno test, where RPM is used a fake distance traveled per time, reveals how terribly inaccurate Dynos are when it comes to blind guessing a car's true power.

The only accurate way to measure total power, all motors, systems to lay down power, and lag reducers included, is to actually time the mass moved some distance in some amount of time. There's no opinion allowed, that's the physical definition of "Power" explained for laypeople.

Last edited by V8S; 07-26-2018 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

doesnt setting the car to dynamic/sport mode result in the same effects?

Old 07-26-2018, 09:27 AM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by carzaddict
doesnt setting the car to dynamic/sport mode result in the same effects?
Yes.

I guess the question is what's left. Since VAP implents such a big throttle aggressiveness change (reported by reply 1) it seems the answer is, a lot is left. My V8 seems laggy even in Dynamic.

Last edited by V8S; 07-26-2018 at 09:31 AM.