F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaky and Rattly

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaky and Rattly

I have own this wonderful F type base coupe for the last 10 months without any issues so far, except for the poor quality Meridian Surround speakers.

In the last 3 weeks, I started to notice an annoying squeaky noise coming from the right front side of the car at low speeds (without applying the brakes) and noise was more noticeable after a few minutes into the drive.

At the same time, there was an annoying rattly noise coming from the exhaust with or without the sports exhaust mode. The noise accentuates when the rev goes down right after my foot comes off the accelerator. The rattly noise is there at cold start or even after a long drive.

The noise were getting more annoying as the weeks went by, and I decided to have it checked with Jag and they found a hair line fracture in the brake pad, which pretty much rectified the squeaky noise.

They could reproduce the rattly sound by revving it and they though it could be coming from the exhaust (unsure it is due to the exhaust valve?). They are replacing the whole new rear section of the exhaust system to see if this could resolve the problem. Let's see what happens in a months time as the part is coming from the UK.

Has anyone suffered the same problem as I did?

Old 03-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Gene T
I have own this wonderful F type base coupe for the last 10 months without any issues so far, except for the poor quality Meridian Surround speakers.

In the last 3 weeks, I started to notice an annoying squeaky noise coming from the right front side of the car at low speeds (without applying the brakes) and noise was more noticeable after a few minutes into the drive.

At the same time, there was an annoying rattly noise coming from the exhaust with or without the sports exhaust mode. The noise accentuates when the rev goes down right after my foot comes off the accelerator. The rattly noise is there at cold start or even after a long drive.

The noise were getting more annoying as the weeks went by, and I decided to have it checked with Jag and they found a hair line fracture in the brake pad, which pretty much rectified the squeaky noise.

They could reproduce the rattly sound by revving it and they though it could be coming from the exhaust (unsure it is due to the exhaust valve?). They are replacing the whole new rear section of the exhaust system to see if this could resolve the problem. Let's see what happens in a months time as the part is coming from the UK.

Has anyone suffered the same problem as I did?
Haven't heard of cracked brake pads on the F-Type yet, but at least one thread on the rattling muffler valves.