F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Standard Merridian Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Received 136 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Hi, and thanks for the useful post, and happy that your system is as you state. Your system is in a 16? or an earlier year? Is it the 380W or 770W? When was it made (by the vin code), in that I am trying to nail down if a fix at the factory was made. Again, happy you are happy and solved your sirius situation. Ahhhhh, the beauty of streaming, USB drives etc. Makes music such a joy when driving!!! Good Luck
My MY is a 2015 manufactured in October of 2014. It is also the 380W, not the 770.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (05-03-2015)
Old 05-03-2015, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Oops, got my threads confused. I was thinking he was asking TXJag that question.

However, it is true all '16s have the 770w system std.

The following users liked this post:
slojotaa (05-03-2015)
Old 05-03-2015, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

So the question is: Does anyone have any complaints regarding the MY16 sound system?

Old 05-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
The F-Type experience is the first time I have been exposed to Meridian. Based on the the feedback, I was under the impression that they were a middle-of-the-road audio enterprise (similar to Sony, Pioneer) that had just missed the mark on this one. Researching their firm, I was shocked to find that they are trying to position themselves at the pinnacle of the market (even above, B&W, Dynaudio, Harman, Klipsch) with $20,000 CD players and speakers costing thousands of dollars. Laughable. Their inattention to the F-Type issue has already ruined their reputation, at least for me. I would never consider a Meridian sound system at any price. The fact that it comes with the F-Type is just another compromise that has to be made for me to acquire the F-Type. (Similar to forsaking the V8 in favor of the 6 speed)
Meridian is a quality brand.

The problem is largely the quality of Jaguar's implementation and build. As an example, one of my ratttles was traced to improperly fitted parts in the door due to misthreaded screws.

That's not down to Meridian.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by swajames
Meridian is a quality brand.

The problem is largely the quality of Jaguar's implementation and build. As an example, one of my ratttles was traced to improperly fitted parts in the door due to misthreaded screws.

That's not down to Meridian.
I would have thought that the audio vendors are brought into the engineering process to ensure that the acoustics, components, and configuration are compatible with the interior design and materials of the vehicle.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

I would have thought that the audio vendors are brought into the engineering process to ensure that the acoustics, components, and configuration are compatible with the interior design and materials of the vehicle.
What could they do about shoddy build quality? That's what's behind many of the rattles. In my case it seems to have been assembly errors that caused some of the rattles. That is entirely on Jaguar, not Meridian.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

What could they do about shoddy build quality? That's what's behind many of the rattles. In my case it seems to have been assembly errors that caused some of the rattles. That is entirely on Jaguar, not Meridian.
I fully concur regarding the rattles. However, I believe the ineffectiveness of the speakers behind the seats is something that Meridian should have anticipated.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

I dunno Lance. I have lotsa bass.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DuhCar
So far I do not believe we have not recorded a single negative post for the MY16 Meridian. The issues may well have been resolved. Here's hoping.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I agree that is has been almost certainly a build-quality issue with the 14-15 cars, not a Meridian problem. Too many people are satisfied with them and have no rattles, just as too many people aren't happy.

The complaints have almost certainly gotten back to JLR even if they've been zip-lipped to those complaining directly to them about the issue. It would be incomprehensible if they hadn't made an effort to rectify the quality control issue on new builds.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
I don't understand how you could, unless you are pulled all the way up to your steering wheel. Try this.....put a speaker on, and cover it with a piece of paper or your hand. No doubt this would limit your listening experience. Are you sure your base is coming out of the rear 10" subs, and your seat is not all the way back. I find this to be an impossibility, and if your base is coming from the door speakers, and not rattling, good for you.

I don't doubt your statement or mean to be disrespectful, but this is so annoying that I am trying to get to the root of it. Thanks for posting!

Old 05-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Slojotaa,

With all the widespread dissatisfaction, there's no doubt in my mind that JLR corporate has heard it and worked the issue. I agree that the jury is still out on whether they actually fully resolved the issue in '16s, but I'm guessing they've tried.

Even though I'm satisfied, I applaud your and other efforts to resolve your dissatisfaction, and I don't doubt that there is a real issue on too many cars. You and Mawheele are doing a great job of pressing the issue in a constructive way.

Best, Clay
Hi Clay, thanks a lot for this. We are trying and when we reach a resolution (hopefully) trust me, the post will be detailed for everybody to benefit from.

Appreciate your words, an dhave a great week!
Joe

Old 05-04-2015, 10:17 AM
Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

So far I do not believe we have not recorded a single negative post for the MY16 Meridian. The issues may well have been resolved. Here's hoping.
Check out the comment from Tel. Coup R Model YR16.