F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stay away from vMax - They ripped me off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 10:33 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

No I did not Dyno the car --I have no need to Dyno it - it was quite obvious how much more power the car had the first minute I drove it !! --- This is not the first car I have had tuned and not the 1st 5.0 v8 jaguar ----IMHO v max knows how to do a proper tune --- not an excuse for not returning a phone call or returning an e mail !

Old 02-15-2016, 11:06 PM
Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by frank james
No excuse for not answering e mails or returning phone calls but I had v max do a bench tune on my 2015 f type r a week ago and the results are amazing !!!!
I agree. No excuse not returning email or calls. That said, welcome Frank. Since you have a tuned F-Type R and are familiar with tuning and 5.0 Jags, please continue to share your tuning experiences with us. Hard data is always welcome.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:13 AM
BMo
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Bottom line: VMax is DEAD.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:30 AM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Weird post about an x-pipe just popped up on here, and the OP claims he talked to Bill from VMax today.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:00 AM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by frank james
No I did not Dyno the car --I have no need to Dyno it - it was quite obvious how much more power the car had the first minute I drove it !! --- This is not the first car I have had tuned and not the 1st 5.0 v8 jaguar ----IMHO v max knows how to do a proper tune --- not an excuse for not returning a phone call or returning an e mail !
Welcome Frank.
Serious question: when do you plan on returning that car?
Oh wait... Please do finish all the upgrades first!
lol

Old 02-16-2016, 02:12 AM

Even more bizarre that his first post on this forum was less than two hours prior to starting the thread about the X-pipe.

At 7:45 pm pacific time, he states he's very upset as he's been trying to get a hold of Bill,
Then at 9:24 pm, he claims he spoke to Bill today and praising him as a "great guy".

Originally Posted by Jaronstoys
I am very upset at this point I have been trying to get a hold of him and was supposed to send out my computer tomorrow but of course he has been avoiding my calls and emails but he also has my money I have started a claim with PayPal this is very unacceptable and I expect my money back immediately to the guy on the other post saying he has waited a month to get a tune is absolutely crazy I have been in the car
Originally Posted by Jaronstoys
I wanted more sound out of it so I took it in with a plan I know people here have removed the secondary muffler and put 14 inch long pipes in its place but had to much rasp and popping we all know how good the f type sounds stock and I just made it better perfect combination of sound zero and I mean zero cabin drone If your looking to increase the sound and dont want to lose the sound you already love this is for you !!
Also talked to bill today at vmax and wow what a great guy can't wait to pulley and tune

Last edited by IronMike; 02-16-2016 at 02:19 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:17 AM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
Even more bizarre that his first post on this forum was less than two hours prior to starting the thread about the X-pipe.

At 7:45 pm pacific time, he states he's been trying to get a hold of Bill,
Then at 9:24 pm, he claims he spoke to Bill today.
Yeah I was just looking at that. Lots of red flags.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:32 AM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

That was a copy and post from another jag forum from over a week ago before I sent him money yes I have Been trying to get ahold of him with no luck ��my computer from the car was supposed to leave today but had questions that could not be answered without talking to him Just like you guys no luck getting him by email or phone
I want my $1245 back and started a claim on PayPal to get it
Again sorry i did not notice that was in the xpipe post but I was excited to get a tune over a week ago when I first posted it over at Another jag forum
http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=89180
Good luck guy getting your money back I really love my car and still want it tuned by someone

Last edited by Jaronstoys; 02-16-2016 at 05:58 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:47 AM

I'm just glad I got on the computer last night because I would have been going nuts if I mailed him my car computer (he did not have a slave laptop to send me ) and could not drive the car or had to buy a new computer

Old 02-16-2016, 06:00 AM

If anyone that really has been to his shop please get ahold of me if your willing to drive back over to see what's going on
Thank you

Old 02-16-2016, 08:31 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

First, I'd like to state that no one's been ripped off (as stated Rob has $5000 of our programming equipment) and we apologize for him having to create this post.

Rob I'll call you this afternoon. Someone should have gotten with you in my absence, regardless please accept our apology and hopefully you'll soon understand the situation--as far as general forum knowledge it was a personal medical issue.

Thank You
VMax

Old 02-16-2016, 08:56 AM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Bill got in touch with me personally tonight.

Given the gravity of the situation he relayed to me (a personal, family matter) I know if I was in his situation i would probably have not been answering phones or emails either.

Put your pitchforks down, he'll be in touch with his customers shortly.

The following 4 users liked this post by Cambo:
MagnumPI (02-16-2016), meefer (02-17-2016), plums (02-16-2016), sklimii (02-16-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 08:57 AM
Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by VMaxTuning
First, I'd like to state that no one's been ripped off (as stated Rob has $5000 of our programming equipment) and we apologize for him having to create this post.

Rob I'll call you this afternoon. Someone should have gotten with you in my absence, regardless please accept our apology and hopefully you'll soon understand the situation--as far as general forum knowledge it was a personal medical issue.

Thank You
VMax
Well, hopefully you are OK.

Please clear this up with members of the forum who have come at you with pitchforks and torches. It would be a shame to see your reputation ruined by something that can be explained. It would really be a loss to the Jag community IMO. There are some really nervous Vmax customers as a result of this craziness.

...and BTW, I still have your Vbox and haven't shipped it. I'm waiting for directions on where to send it in light of things getting very strange here. Let me know what I should do with it. Thanks and get well.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Cambo
Bill got in touch with me personally tonight.

Given the gravity of the situation he relayed to me (a personal, family matter) I know if I was in his situation i would probably have not been answering phones or emails either.

Put your pitchforks down, he'll be in touch with his customers shortly.
Thanks Cambo, you beat me to it.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:05 AM
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VMaxTuning

Thank You
VMax
I will be waiting, very guarded but willing to listen.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:36 AM
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Interesting stuff....

Old 02-16-2016, 10:12 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

IMHO, these cars are too valuable to work with anyone that does not have some depth on the bench.

Larry

Old 02-16-2016, 10:38 AM

FYI, I received a very apologetic email from Bill today and the situation was explained. There was a serious family medical emergency that interrupted communications with customers and the forums, which I can understand, especially considering the very small size of his business.

I am running the Vmax tune, which I paid full price for, so I am personally invested in seeing this get resolved. I will not be asking for money back. I'm giving Vmax a chance to get back into the saddle. It's easy to hit the keyboard and spew negativity, so please be respectful.

That being said, a simple post by Vmax about the situation would have prevented this from becoming a conflagration. I will continue to post updates on anything I hear.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
IMHO, these cars are too valuable to work with anyone that does not have some depth on the bench.

Larry

If you were to go back and read some of VMax's early posts (the search tool is your friend), you would see where Bill has spelled out VMax's history in the tuning business in some rather extensive detail. Not easy to verify, but a compelling narrative nonetheless.

As I stated once before, the lack of a physical business address (P.O. Box thing does not breed confidence), as well as the absence of a web site do make it difficult to take VMax services seriously. And when the performance of that service appears to rely on the shipment of one single encrypted laptop all over the world, overnighted from one customer to the next, the companies service fails the "smell test" in a significant way.

When the subject of this whole tale is all about making computer based modifications to the brains (ECU) of our 100K automobiles, there are a few very simple things that VMax could and should be doing to make their business more appealing and reassuring to its target market.

Last edited by IronMike; 02-16-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:45 AM
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

While I sympathize with your family medical emergency the customer service has been less than acceptable. Each time there was a delay I have had to contact you for status. This is not an acceptable communication practice. I have no interest in your services. Do not send the laptop.