F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel

Hi, Im new to the FORUM and to JAGUAR..., just bought my first Jaguar F Type 2015 V8 with 3500km from a friend..
He painted the car in Mate White and its really a very nice machine...(i attach picture)
I been reading the forum for 2 weeks now and searching for everything about the car..., but i couldnt find where i could buy a steering wheel..., i like the one that have a straight part at the botton...
This is the one that have the car right now
Many thanks for the advice

Old 06-27-2018, 12:04 PM
Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts

Try used, or certain vendors for a flat fee ~$900-1000 shipped will modify yours to be flat bottomed in carbon fiber, etc.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Hi Lbaronio,

Nice colour ! Something like that now available in configurator as 'special paint' at € 6500...
Why would you want the flat-bottom ? I have one as I'm 2m tall and its more space to get into the car with my leggs.

I've never seen anybody from South America taller then 1.8m , so why would you want one..

I don't find it very handy while driving. So , I would say, keep the dosh..

I can see in the top picture you have memory seats. Did you activate the auto-steeringwheel adjust ?
Then the wheel goes up if you switch the ignition off and down when you start.. .. even less reason to
spend money on the other wheel..

Last edited by Dan_NL; 06-27-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
Hi Lbaronio,

Nice colour ! Something like that now available in configurator as 'special paint' at € 6500...
Why would you want the flat-bottom ? I have one as I'm 2m tall and its more space to get into the car with my leggs.

I've never seen anybody from South America taller then 1.8m , so why would you want one..

I don't find it very handy while driving. So , I would say, keep the dosh..

I can see in the top picture you have memory seats. Did you activate the auto-steeringwheel adjust ?
Then the wheel goes up if you switch the ignition off and down when you start.. .. even less reason to
spend money on the other wheel..
Thanks for your reply...
Actually im 1.85 tall and YES it have auto steering mode on...; it was just for the look of it, BUT if you tell me its not so handy, i will leave it like that...

Old 06-27-2018, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Rimmer Bros in the UK sell a range of flat-bottomed F-Type steering wheels, difference part numbers depending on whether you have Ignis ("bronze") shift paddles and phone and/or cruise control buttons. Here is their listing for the one with everything: https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-T2R4641PVJ.
You would need to swap over the R insert in the bottom spoke.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lbaronio
Thanks for your reply...
Actually im 1.85 tall and YES it have auto steering mode on...; it was just for the look of it, BUT if you tell me its not so handy, i will leave it like that...
Well, I honestly didn't know about the auto up/down of the steering wheel. If I had , I also wouldn't have taken the flat-bottom..

Old 06-29-2018, 01:53 AM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

it's more than just flat bottom

the flat bottom wheel is more contoured and a lot thicker than the round stock wheel

Old 06-29-2018, 03:59 AM
Veteran Member

@domino_z

I drove cars with both wheels the same day when testdriving, but I did not notice anything else then the flat bit. Can it be that >2017 its different and only
the flatbit isn't the same ?

Anyhow : I've never been to Australia, but don't you have a lot of risk hitting roo's and other animals running around ? Or are there highways where you can safely
- are allowed - to drive 80/90Mph ??