F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STO N SHO hidden license plate bracket...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Let's put it this way, if I had to replace it and found it had doubled in price, I'd purchase it again without even thinking about it. It's that good and the perfect solution for the F-Type.
+1

Old 04-11-2016, 07:32 PM
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

After placing an order online, it arrived in 2 days.
Installation was so simple. It is such a clever and clean design with impressive quality.
Am very happy to have this on my F-Type Coupe.

The following users liked this post:
Foosh (04-11-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 12:21 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Just ordered!

Old 04-26-2016, 09:20 AM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Congrats it's awesome and super easy to install (only 1 bolt). I ordered it on the day I bought my car (Friday) and it was here Monday afternoon before the car was delivered. Super fast, great product and great company you will love it.

Old 06-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Awesome. I got a ticket yesterday from a CHP officer who couldn't have been over 30. Specifically pulled me over just for the no front plate. &@@&$$$&&&@. What a punk. Anyway. Just ordered on and it will allow me to get the fix it signed off and destroy the beautiful front end of this car. Thank you.

Old 06-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Tar1018
Awesome. I got a ticket yesterday from a CHP officer who couldn't have been over 30. Specifically pulled me over just for the no front plate. &@@&$$$&&&@. What a punk. Anyway. Just ordered on and it will allow me to get the fix it signed off and destroy the beautiful front end of this car. Thank you.
Try this. Doesn't bollocks up the looks so badly, and here in the People's Republic of Maryland, the constabulary has not yet taken exception, though I've seen some checking it out.

CALIFORNIA EUROSTYLE LICENSE PLATE -- EMBOSSED WITH YOUR CUSTOM NUMBER

Last edited by Unhingd; 06-11-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:41 PM
Default Great suggestion

Thank you for the suggestion but I ordered the other one already. Should be here Tuesday. Looks nice though and if the other doesn't work out that's a great next choice. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Try this. Doesn't bollocks up the looks so badly, and here in the People's Republic of Maryland, the constabulary has not yet taken exception, though I've seen some checking it out.

CALIFORNIA EUROSTYLE LICENSE PLATE -- EMBOSSED WITH YOUR CUSTOM NUMBER

Old 06-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Tar1018
Thank you for the suggestion but I ordered the other one already. Should be here Tuesday. Looks nice though and if the other doesn't work out that's a great next choice. Thanks again.
I'm suggesting you order the Euro profile plate to mount on your Sto-N-Sho bracket. That's what I did. That puts all of the tag below the front grille.

Old 06-12-2016, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

One of the first things I did was order the Sto-N-Sho for my new ride. There simply isn't a better solution for those of us who have to live w/ a front plate.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:31 AM
Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

OMG Foosh bought an American F-Type!

(Or the F-Type is a British Corvette?)

Old 06-13-2016, 09:44 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the glowing review on this product - ordered the sto-n-sho this morning

Old 06-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

The product is nice and a good solution for us that have to have a front plate.. Car looks good Foosh!!

Foosh (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 09:05 PM

Got it. Ty. Think I'm gonna check the ne out. Probably going to take it off after I get it signed off we will see. Love the vette.

Foosh (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 03:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Hey Buick...tell us about the owner of the company....

Would you say he's a stand up guy? And what do you really think of this product?

Sounds like this guy needs to go on Shark Tank....LOL

The way you guys are gushing about the location, build quality, etc is the consensus that the plate now looks so good on the car that there is no longer the burning desire to even use the plate removal feature that is the feature that leads to the near $100 cost? Not trying to be funny but I'm trying to get exactly what you guys are feeling here.

For 15 Up Jaguar F Type Front Tow Hook License Plate Mount Bracket Relocator | eBay

And what about the tow hook mount solution (quick release?) for half of the price for those of us who think having a plate anywhere on the front of the car looks far worse than not having one at all? That was what I was going to order for a quick fix-it if needed and then just take it off when not needed. If the point is to have the license plate in the trunk 99% of the time then is a $100 mounting bracket a smarter choice than the tow hook one? I get the Sto n Go is great but not so much if one hates front plates and never plans to show one off unless he's getting a ticket fixed.

No one mentions nor shows this w/ a license plate frame - would they be a bad idea for this mount with added weight?

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 06-14-2016 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

I have the sto-n-sho and prefer center low mounting as I think it looks better. This brackets price was initially lower but price increased to current when I bought it. I will remove on occasion, likely when I go to a show; like this weekends euro car show I am attending.

I am considering a white or black frame.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
Would you say he's a stand up guy? And what do you really think of this product?

Sounds like this guy needs to go on Shark Tank....LOL

The way you guys are gushing about the location, build quality, etc is the consensus that the plate now looks so good on the car that there is no longer the burning desire to even use the plate removal feature that is the feature that leads to the near $100 cost? Not trying to be funny but I'm trying to get exactly what you guys are feeling here.

For 15 Up Jaguar F Type Front Tow Hook License Plate Mount Bracket Relocator | eBay

And what about the tow hook mount solution (quick release?) for half of the price for those of us who think having a plate anywhere on the front of the car looks far worse than not having one at all? That was what I was going to order for a quick fix-it if needed and then just take it off when not needed. If the point is to have the license plate in the trunk 99% of the time then is a $100 mounting bracket a smarter choice than the tow hook one? I get the Sto n Go is great but not so much if one hates front plates and never plans to show one off unless he's getting a ticket fixed.

No one mentions nor shows this w/ a license plate frame - would they be a bad idea for this mount with added weight?
The picture on my C7 a few posts above yours is w/ a license plate frame. It solid as a rock when mounted and perfect for use w/ a frame should you so desire.

There's no accounting for taste, but this is by far the best looking solution to 99% of us. I've talked to the owner several times, he's a great guy and has sold over 200 for the F-Type alone. He's retired military, lives in NoCal, and runs his business w/ his daughter out of his home. The hardware is manufactured in the US.

The Sto-N-Sho quality is amazing. When you examine the material composition (high-grade aluminum alloy) and machining of the mounting block and bracket itself, the quality is unmistakable. It's very sturdy, takes less than 5 minutes to install the mounting block (one-time only), w/ no drilling.

It takes literally 2 seconds to remove and replace the plate holder, and the mounting block is essentially invisible with the plate holder off unless you're lying on the ground looking for it.

The tow-hook solution hooks looks strange, off-centered, and at the wrong angle, and takes much more time to remove and replace. I know of least one member who used that, but when Sto-N-Sho became available, he immediately switched.

So I have a couple of questions for you--why should you care what it looks like when you're driving the car and you can't see it? Do you worry that other people are experiencing revulsion because you're running a front plate?

The beauty of this solution is that you just take it off in less time than it takes to change a light bulb, so you never have to look at it, but no one other than a therapist can help you if it bothers you that the plate is on when you can't see it.

Lastly, CA is a state where the front plate requirement is rarely enforced so it's less of a big deal, but in states like MD, and there are others, you face constantly getting stopped for not running a front plate. It's $75 per infraction, no warnings and no "fix its." So mine is on every time I'm driving it, but it's often off when I just feel like admiring it.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-14-2016 at 08:03 AM.
JgaXkr (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 08:19 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

I have a high-quality tow hook mount that I got shortly before the Sho-N-Sto showed up. But I only mount my plate for state inspections, and then remove it again, so it isn't a big deal.

It articulates a bit, so you can set the angle you like. I'll take a picture when I put it on this week for the annual inspection.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:24 AM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh

Lastly, CA is a state where the front plate requirement is rarely enforced so it's less of a big deal, but in states like MD, and there are others, you face constantly getting stopped for not running a front plate. It's $75 per infraction, no warnings and no "fix its." So mine is on every time I'm driving it, but it's often off when I just feel like admiring it.
I can't tell you the number of times that I've left shows and forgot to put the front plate back on. Fortunately I haven't gotten nailed yet.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:30 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I keep mine in my trunk. Hopefully, the excuse, "I just detailed it and forgot to put it back on...sorry", will work.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member

The off center tow hook mount is kinda cool on a goofy looking MINI (which I have), but looks like a temporary dealer plate hastily mounted to an F-Type.

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
Look more closely at post #186. It has a frame. The bracket is strong enough to serve as bumper protection during slow speed curb contact.

Last edited by Unhingd; 06-14-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Quick Reply: STO N SHO hidden license plate bracket...