F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STO N SHO hidden license plate bracket...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 08:08 AM
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I just use the tow pull post hole that is covered up on the front bumper. Pop ithe cover to review the hole, screw in post and attach license plate. The guy sells it on eBay. And the best part is that the same post (they come in custom lengths) has worked on the last 3 Jags. (XF, XFR and F Type.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts
Thumbs up Package from Mike arrives...

Receiver,real solid piece:

Pretty great service huh,order Saturday afternoon and it's here by noon today! Of course,it does help that he's just 10 minutes away,lol.

Really simple,well-made unit guys,I gotta run to chase some funny car parts but then I'll be in the garage and I'll give you the rundown.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member
Thumbs up Really pleased...!

OK,back now all installed...took longer to properly read the instructions than it did to install the actual part,lol...I wish all things were this easy.

When you guys see and hold this unit in your hands,you'll see how well thought out and designed it really is...looks like it should well out live the life of the car,that's for sure.

Mike supplies everything you need,even the two bolts.lock washers and nuts to install your plate to the bracket.
What he doesn't include is the Torx T25 bit to remove the existing bolt but DON'T worry if you don't happen to have one,if your car is like mine you'll find it isn't really on there more than 5 ft lbs at the max (it's only supporting the plastic trim) so just wedge in any flat screwdriver or something similar and you can drive it right out...easy peasy.

The car isn't low enough that this needs to be done on a lift (although that would make it ridiculously easy),all you need to do is lay a blanket on the ground and it's just a matter of removing the existing bolt and installing Mike's new longer bolt...which is where this whole unit get's it strength,I know some of you questioned if a single bolt was strong enough but rest assured,it most certainly is.

The best part I like about it (did I mention how easy it is to install! ) is how it looks when mounted.
It has a slight rake from bottom to top that really gives it a racy look that obviously goes with the lines of the car...so it helps there rather than fight the car if it were just standing straight up...so someone (likely Mike) was thinking about style when designing it.

The only slight warning I would mention is that is you're like me who likes to Overtighten stuff...remember you're only going into threaded plastic so use a 1/4 drive ratchet and once the bolt seats against the surface,it's only a 1/2 turn to snug tightly it and you're done.

Lastly,we're all getting a sense for what a standup guy Mike and Mashell are and I'll give you some background:
I called Mike's cell 4 times on Saturday and he answered every time.
After he answered all my questions and I ordered,I told him I was posting it on a few forums and later that evening after the orders started rolling in,I come to find out they had refunded me back $45 to my PP account just for promoting the product...stand up indeed.

So there you have it,retired military stand up guy producing a superior USA made product and delivering excellent service and communication with the customers...I only say this because if you deal in aftermarket parts like I have for many years...this is so far from the norm it's almost unbelievable.

I KNOW everyone here will be more than pleased with your purchase and total ease of installation and I wish Mike, Mashell and Sto n Sho much success going forward.

Thank you for your service Mike

The following 3 users liked this post by buickfunnycar.com:
deltagroup (06-24-2015), schraderade (10-16-2015), slojotaa (06-23-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Also, if you don't have the right torx driver, an appropriately sized Allen wrench should work as well.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:45 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

Ordered mine this morning, and received shipment notification within 1 hour of purchase.

If the quality of customer service is any indication of the quality of the product, it will be well worth the price.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Also, if you don't have the right torx driver, an appropriately sized Allen wrench should work as well...
Anything you can wedge in there will work,like I said,it's just above finger tight.

Mashell told me they've sold over 20 units since Saturday...

Old 06-22-2015, 05:01 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
OK,back now all installed...took longer to properly read the instructions than it did to install the actual part,lol...I wish all things were this easy.:
So, where are the pictures?

Old 06-22-2015, 05:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Mashell told me they've sold over 20 units since Saturday...
are you getting a kickback?

Old 06-22-2015, 05:17 PM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I know some of you questioned if a single bolt was strong enough but rest assured,it most certainly is.

Do you think its strong enough for long term "spirited" driving? or is it mostly just for use while parking etc.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by shift
are you getting a kickback?
Well no,not technically...but they did refund me back the $45 and she said they're sending me something in the mail.
Was totally happy to help and as a former sales executive,if I like a product I am a review and support Mo Fo!

Merlin,I didn't take any pictures because between Mike's site and the one's I snapped yesterday at the dealer,that about explained everything.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Veteran Member

I'll paint the bolt and pull ring black...

Originally Posted by f_in_seattle
Do you think its strong enough for long term "spirited" driving? or is it mostly just for use while parking etc...
No issues I'm certain,with the longer bolt that Mike supplies and holds it very firmly,you'd seriously have to damage your car before you would harm this mount...

OK...I'll go take some pics of the finished product so you all can see the rake I'm talking about...

Last edited by buickfunnycar.com; 06-22-2015 at 05:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Merlin (06-23-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 05:28 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Well no,not technically...but they did refund me back the $45 and she said they're sending me something in the mail.
Was totally happy to help and as a former sales executive,if I like a product I am a review and support Mo Fo!

Merlin,I didn't take any pictures because between Mike's site and the one's I snapped yesterday at the dealer,that about explained everything.
Didn't need the photo as an explanation, I just wanted to see it on the car!

Old 06-22-2015, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Merlin
Didn't need the photo as an explanation, I just wanted to see it on the car!
Your wish is my command,besides...Polaris White looks waay better than Glacier White!

Old 06-23-2015, 12:23 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I'll paint the bolt and pull ring black...

No issues I'm certain,with the longer bolt that Mike supplies and holds it very firmly,you'd seriously have to damage your car before you would harm this mount...

OK...I'll go take some pics of the finished product so you all can see the rake I'm talking about...
is the bolt or ring rust proof, or are you just painting it for aesthetic purposes?

Old 06-23-2015, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member

Everything is zinc-plated but obviously that kinda jumps out against my black pack so it'll go black to hide it...

Old 06-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got my shipping notice very quickly after ordering, too.

From everything I've read thus far about how great this product and seller are, now I feel guilty about putting the discount code in, LOL.

Looking forward to it showing up, should be today or tomorrow.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts
Default Uh oh . . . and then a good recovery

Last night I removed the JLR-supplied front plate bracket to bumper plug the front bar in preparation for arrival of my Sho-n-go on Wed. I was horrified to find not 2, but 4 holes. Worse yet, the two top holes were uneven, with one being right on the corner of the vertical and horizontal surfaces. Clearly, whomever put it on at the dealer drilled in the wrong place, said "uh-oh" and then re-drilled two more holes lower.

Now the good recovery part, I called the GM at my dealer, and he agreed to make it right, so I will have an unblemished bar soon.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-23-2015 at 10:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mjm3457 (06-23-2015)
Old 06-23-2015, 10:30 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Nice. Are they going to replace the bar, or fill and paint it?

Old 06-23-2015, 10:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
Nice. Are they going to replace the bar, or fill and paint it?
Probably the latter, which I'm fine with. The body shop they use is probably the best in the area, and does virtually all the work on exotics and aluminum body cars.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Last night I removed the JLR-supplied front plate bracket to bumper plug the front bar in preparation for arrival of my Sho-n-go on Wed. I was horrified to find not 2, but 4 holes. Worse yet, the two top holes were uneven, with one being right on the corner of the vertical and horizontal surfaces. Clearly, whomever put it on at the dealer drilled in the wrong place, said "uh-oh" and then re-drilled two more holes lower.

Now the good recovery part, I called the GM at my dealer, and he agreed to make it right, so I will have an unblemished bar soon.
Wow,what incompetence...as usual,the lowest paid employee doing fine,detail work.

Quick Reply: STO N SHO hidden license plate bracket...