F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STO N SHO hidden license plate bracket...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by f_in_seattle
Got mine today, took less than 5 minutes to install. Seems pretty sturdy to me so far.

The only thing I'm slightly worried about is since its so low, if it does fall off it could do some serious damage to the under carraige. I don't think that'll happen based on how sturdy it is, but lets see how this thing performs now that its on more cars out there.

Pretty well engineered piece of kit though and super simple to install. Good job Mike and I'm so glad I procrastinated and didn't install the front license plate on the grill! Thanks for the tip buickcar
Glad you're satisfied,I wouldn't worry too much about it leaving your vehicle,once you slide it into the receiver and you hear that "click",it would take an accident to dislodge it.

Old 06-24-2015, 06:05 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

Got mine today as well, awesome bit of kit.

Thanks for the heads-up, Buick!

Old 06-24-2015, 06:14 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Received mine today as well. Very well thought out & a sturdy piece of equipment. Very simple install...took about 2 minutes & I did it from the ground. Thanks again Buick.

Old 06-24-2015, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member

It's a quality piece and I know everyone here will be satisified...it's just dumb luck a friend showed me one and even more luck was involved when you consider he just did a run of 100 units and I was probably his second retail customer,lol.

Anyone who hasn't ordered and is still on the fence,trust me you won't be disappointed.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Received mine today as well. Very well thought out & a sturdy piece of equipment. Very simple install...took about 2 minutes & I did it from the ground. Thanks again Buick.
Glad you received yours in NY. Tracking still says a today delivery, but it is missing in action. It left San Jose Monday night, with no updates since then.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Got mine too today!

Old 06-24-2015, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Glad you received yours in NY. Tracking still says a today delivery, but it is missing in action. It left San Jose Monday night, with no updates since then.
Foosh,
Same stats as mine. Must be on the same contract mail truck abandoned by the side of the road.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by lhoboy
Foosh,
Same stats as mine. Must be on the same contract mail truck abandoned by the side of the road...
Why do I picture Newman and Kramer...?

The following users liked this post:
Unhingd (06-24-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 01:00 AM
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I just ordered mine today...love the group buy. thanks buickfunnycar!

Old 06-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member

Just received a VERY nice hand-written note and a $25 Starbucks card from Mashell and Mike for helping to spread the word...totally nice gesture on their part.

Really can't say enough good things about this product and the class people who produce it...the best part of this group buy is that people are actually installing and using it...unlike the wheel adapters I bought that have never left the box,lol.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:50 PM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Just received a VERY nice hand-written note and a $25 Starbucks card from Mashell and Mike for helping to spread the word...totally nice gesture on their part.

Really can't say enough good things about this product and the class people who produce it...the best part of this group buy is that people are actually installing and using it...unlike the wheel adapters I bought that have never left the box,lol.
Very happy with this solution and thanks for your help! I am trying to talk a co-worker into buying one for his new Vette.

Old 06-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Just ordered mine. In all honesty, I probably won't use it until I get my first no front plate ticket, but I'll be glad to have a quick fix that won't require any hideous modifications.

Thank you!

Old 06-25-2015, 03:41 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jmfan
Very happy with this solution and thanks for your help! I am trying to talk a co-worker into buying one for his new Vette...
Shouldn't have to twist his arm too much...

Old 06-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

The Sto-N-Sho is pure genius! Thanks Buick, and most especially thanks Mike!

The following users liked this post:
buickfunnycar.com (06-25-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
The Sto-N-Sho is pure genius! Thanks Buick, and most especially thanks Mike!

Yes it is...it's genius alright! Looking good Foosh.
Oddly enough,it sits just perfectly beneath the grille bar that I (gasp) actually don't mind it on.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Wow, that looks great! My wife tells me mine arrived today. But the car is still a month out, floating across the wide and stormy Atlantic!

Thanks again Buick!

Orkney

Old 06-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

My plates came in yesterday so I installed the Sto N Sho today. Looked great for about 30 seconds, and then the plate and bracket went in the trunk!

I don't think it will actually end up being used unless I need to drive in SF, park on a city street somewhere, or until if I get a fix it ticket for the missing plate, but I don't mind the look at all.

My only concern is that it does sit fairly low and stick out a bit, so it could potentially make driving up my steep driveway a bit harder. Without the front plate attached I don't expect any issues though.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Merlin
My plates came in yesterday so I installed the Sto N Sho today. Looked great for about 30 seconds, and then the plate and bracket went in the trunk!

I don't think it will actually end up being used unless I need to drive in SF, park on a city street somewhere, or until if I get a fix it ticket for the missing plate, but I don't mind the look at all.

My only concern is that it does sit fairly low and stick out a bit, so it could potentially make driving up my steep driveway a bit harder. Without the front plate attached I don't expect any issues though.
If you look at it's mounting position,it should not interfere in any way since it's far from the lowest point on the car.

To impact it,you'd have to seriously damage your car first...and I mean really chew up your sacrificial plastic spoiler...not just scrape it.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Orkney
Wow, that looks great! My wife tells me mine arrived today. But the car is still a month out, floating across the wide and stormy Atlantic!

Thanks again Buick!

Orkney

Got mine today too, but my car is somewhat out of reach as well. (somewhere between Halifax and New York). This unit is quite nice enough to be mounted on a $85k automobile.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:14 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
If you look at it's mounting position,it should not interfere in any way since it's far from the lowest point on the car.

To impact it,you'd have to seriously damage your car first...and I mean really chew up your sacrificial plastic spoiler...not just scrape it.
Yeah the mounting on the car itself is fine. I was just thinking with the plate attached it might be a problem since it does stick out a bit, but you're right it probably wouldn't be an issue unless I'm already scraping. It tilts up a bit anyway so that should also help with clearance.

Quick Reply: STO N SHO hidden license plate bracket...