F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Storing CD's to the hard drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 06:45 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Storing CD's to the hard drive

Ok I have to admit this doesn't happen too often. I cant seem to figure out how to store cd's to the internal drive. There is no upload button on the My Music screen. Is this an option of the upgraded sound system or is there just certain cd's this option works for? If anyone can give me a quick answer that would be great.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:07 AM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

The storing of cd’s is for any system. You can only store 10 cd’s.

It is not done in a “compressed” way as most system’s are so the quality is quite good. You do it under my music as I recall. I kept playing with it and it worked. It takes quite a wile to store a cd. I think it took about 10 minutes per disc.

It’s 6 AM here so I will get you more details this weekend if needed.

The following users liked this post:
tlrominger (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by themacs
The storing of cd’s is for any system. You can only store 10 cd’s.

It is not done in a “compressed” way as most system’s are so the quality is quite good. You do it under my music as I recall. I kept playing with it and it worked. It takes quite a wile to store a cd. I think it took about 10 minutes per disc.

It’s 6 AM here so I will get you more details this weekend if needed.
Just picked it up last night so I may be missing something too. I put in an audio CD but the button on the screen to uploaded is no where to be found. Not much in the manual on how to do it so I thought it would be easy..

Old 01-24-2014, 08:51 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Yeah, it isn't as obvious as it should be - I remember I had to push some buttons to get to the 'record' option, but I don't remember now what it was. Keep pushing buttons and you'll find it.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

It can NOT be a CD with MP3s on it. The audio cannot be compressed and they have to be in WMA format I believe. I could only ever get one CD to rip. That's how the XJ was, assuming it's the same, haven't tried it on the F.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by New2Jag
It can NOT be a CD with MP3s on it. The audio cannot be compressed and they have to be in WMA format I believe. I could only ever get one CD to rip. That's how the XJ was, assuming it's the same, haven't tried it on the F.
Im trying a normal audio CD. Guess its time to send an inquiry to my friendly Jaguar dealer. Unless I trip across the answer.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I had the Jaguar rep out to the house and it was one of the things he went over with us. He told me of the 10 cd’s max.
I can also use my I pod or I phone by plugging it into the slot in center council. That works the best for us as you can have your whole library and select what you want.
If you still having problems, PM me your phone # and I can go to the car on Sat. morning and call you and walk you through it step by step. Not a problem!
Scott

tlrominger (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by themacs
I had the Jaguar rep out to the house and it was one of the things he went over with us. He told me of the 10 cd’s max.
I can also use my I pod or I phone by plugging it into the slot in center council. That works the best for us as you can have your whole library and select what you want.
If you still having problems, PM me your phone # and I can go to the car on Sat. morning and call you and walk you through it step by step. Not a problem!
Scott
Again thanks, and Ill let y'all know how it turns out..

Old 01-24-2014, 11:28 AM

Life gets better with a few cups of coffee and some daylight. I found the mode menu and noticed the CD changer menu. This is where I needed to be.
I was just at the CD menu before. Again thanks everyone. It is sort of the fun of a new car figuring thing out..

Old 01-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default USB Key

Originally Posted by tlrominger
Again thanks, and Ill let y'all know how it turns out..
I got a micro USB key and put all my music on that, I plug it into the center console USB slot and I'm done. I can still stream wirelessly from the phone if I want and don't have to think about plugging it in. If I want to charge I have a cigarette charger with cables in the center console as well and it keeps my phone and tablets happy. Seemed a ton easier than ripping CDs, I get far more music, and when I want a change I just pull the USB key take it into the house and load a bunch of new MP3 files.

tlrominger (01-26-2014)
Old 01-26-2014, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by enderle
I got a micro USB key and put all my music on that, I plug it into the center console USB slot and I'm done. I can still stream wirelessly from the phone if I want and don't have to think about plugging it in. If I want to charge I have a cigarette charger with cables in the center console as well and it keeps my phone and tablets happy. Seemed a ton easier than ripping CDs, I get far more music, and when I want a change I just pull the USB key take it into the house and load a bunch of new MP3 files.
Yes those are all options that I'm fully aware of. But I still wanted to get the uploading the CDs to the hard drive working. I never said it would be my primary method for music storage. I still have my 128 gig jump drive for that too.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Rob, is your bluetooth streaming working? My car refuses to stream from my iPhone 5S (or from another phone). Both phones connect to bluetooth for calls etc, but I've not been able to get the bluetooth audio to work. What phone are you using?

Old 01-26-2014, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by swajames
Rob, is your bluetooth streaming working? My car refuses to stream from my iPhone 5S (or from another phone). Both phones connect to bluetooth for calls etc, but I've not been able to get the bluetooth audio to work. What phone are you using?
I found out yesterday that you have to remove any other iPod device from the USB port for Bluetooth streaming to work. I hope this helps.

swajames (01-26-2014)
Old 01-26-2014, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by tlrominger
I found out yesterday that you have to remove any other iPod device from the USB port for Bluetooth streaming to work. I hope this helps.
Thanks - I will give that a try!

Old 01-26-2014, 01:42 PM

tlrominger - your suggestion worked! Thanks! Unplugged the iPod and the A2DP streaming worked. I don't know if this is in the manual but if it is I missed it so thanks again.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:38 PM

Yea it's not in the manual. I came across it by accident yesterday while I doing exactly what you were.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Received 680 Likes on 489 Posts
Default Phones

Originally Posted by swajames

My wife has an iPhone 5 and I have a Nokia 1020 (love the camera) both work fine. If I recall there are two ways to connect the phone from car to phone and from phone to car. One of the ways doesn't enable music streaming, don't remember which.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My wife has an iPhone 5 and I have a Nokia 1020 (love the camera) both work fine. If I recall there are two ways to connect the phone from car to phone and from phone to car. One of the ways doesn't enable music streaming, don't remember which.
I found the same issue as tlrominger in my '13 Range Rover Sport. No streaming as long as my iPod was connected. If I unplugged the iPod it streams perfectly. Which begs the question as to why I even need it to stream if my iPod is already connected, because the music libraries are the same.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by drgek
I found the same issue as tlrominger in my '13 Range Rover Sport. No streaming as long as my iPod was connected. If I unplugged the iPod it streams perfectly. Which begs the question as to why I even need it to stream if my iPod is already connected, because the music libraries are the same.
I stream Pandora at times to see what's new in the music world. Also my phone has my whole music library and the iPod only has 16 gig of it.