F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for light weight rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 03:39 AM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Suggestions for light weight rotors

Apparently Wortec no longer makes the rotors by themselves - they now offer a BBK, and they don't have the rear upgrades.

I'm just looking for a light weight rotor upgrade though...I actually went there, thought about completely upgrading to full BBK front and rear (PB Brakes offer a full kit), but after reading some installation reviews, some bits seem like a real drag, as they're more "universal parts" than custom-tailored parts, aka fitment issues.

Anyone got any suggestions? Only one I'm kind of pinning hopes on is Girodisc...a few years ago there was a discussion about it, but I don't think anything came of that. Maybe I can pick it up again...

Old 06-13-2021, 07:36 AM
Received 224 Likes on 126 Posts

Contact STOP TECH. I have the Stop Tech discs on my car. Good luck.

Old 06-13-2021, 11:17 AM
Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MisplacedPriorities
Apparently Wortec no longer makes the rotors by themselves - they now offer a BBK, and they don't have the rear upgrades.

I'm just looking for a light weight rotor upgrade though...I actually went there, thought about completely upgrading to full BBK front and rear (PB Brakes offer a full kit), but after reading some installation reviews, some bits seem like a real drag, as they're more "universal parts" than custom-tailored parts, aka fitment issues.

Anyone got any suggestions? Only one I'm kind of pinning hopes on is Girodisc...a few years ago there was a discussion about it, but I don't think anything came of that. Maybe I can pick it up again...

Where did you get this information about Wortec rotors? Email Anneliese at info@wortec.co.ukfor any accurate information. I have a set of brand new never used Wortec rear 376 mm rear rotors sitting in my garage that belong to Wortec, just waiting for a buyer in the USA contact Anneliese for pricing and information. I have these because when I installed my new Wortec Rotors I had a vibration in the front of my car and during the investigation Wortec sent me a full set of new rotors but problem turned out to be a faulty casting in one of the front rotors that was very hard to see. I sent the bad front rotors back to Wortec and still have the new rear rotors in my garage waiting for a buyer here in the USA. save yourself the hassles of airfreight from UK and US customs and import duties.info@wortec.co.ukOr if you are in Northern CA you can pick them up from me after you buy them from Wortec and save on shipping.

Old 06-13-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by WayneB
Where did you get this information about Wortec rotors? Email Anneliese at info@wortec.co.ukfor any accurate information. I have a set of brand new never used Wortec rear 376 mm rear rotors sitting in my garage that belong to Wortec, just waiting for a buyer in the USA contact Anneliese for pricing and information. I have these because when I installed my new Wortec Rotors I had a vibration in the front of my car and during the investigation Wortec sent me a full set of new rotors but problem turned out to be a faulty casting in one of the front rotors that was very hard to see. I sent the bad front rotors back to Wortec and still have the new rear rotors in my garage waiting for a buyer here in the USA. save yourself the hassles of airfreight from UK and US customs and import duties.info@wortec.co.ukOr if you are in Northern CA you can pick them up from me after you buy them from Wortec and save on shipping.
lol, "where"...you mean this?

Last edited by MisplacedPriorities; 06-13-2021 at 12:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ferrral (06-13-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 01:05 PM
Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

OK, now that's accurate information and must be very new policy. Looks like they are still selling the same rear rotors though and just selling the fronts as a big brake upgrade kit, same as a lot of other manufactures? But where does that say they are not manufacturing the rotors themselves, it says they are selling "our Ultralite system"?
I still have a set of new brand rear rotors here in my garage for sale but you have to go through Anneliese info@wortec.co.uk if anyone is interested?

Last edited by WayneB; 06-13-2021 at 01:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
andykreb (06-15-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 07:56 PM
EdG
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Turko
Contact STOP TECH. I have the Stop Tech discs on my car. Good luck.
Any idea how much your Stop Tech disks weigh?

Old 06-14-2021, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by EdG
Any idea how much your Stop Tech disks weigh?
I can tell you. Same as stock. Stoptechs only have single-piece rotor replacements. I have a set right now. Only floating rotors will be able to shave serious weight on those things.