F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercars on State St. July 30th. Harrisburg, PA

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 06:29 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MadCat
I'm in for Supercars on State Street. Coming from MoCo outside of Philly. Just confirmed the registration!
Originally Posted by Smoke Em
Registered
Originally Posted by ShaunPA
Registered.

i put jaguarforums as the club affiliation - not sure if anybody else did that as well?
Originally Posted by Flinger
Hey -
You guys in for our own little caravan to Harrisburg (Gary, not sure if you were planning on attending)?

I'm in Lancaster and we could meet up out by me before heading to Harrisburg. Not sure what route everyone would be taking, so picking a place to meet needs TBD

Old 05-23-2016, 01:29 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I'm going to be staying at my cousin's place somewhere in Hershey or Harrisburg the night before, but I'm down for meeting up before all actually show up at the sign-in location. May give us a better shot at being close to each other during the show.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

I'm likely in for this as well. I suspect that my daughter's bf and his dad will go as well. ('81 Audi Quattro rallye car and Cayman). We'd meet you guys there since we live in the Frederick area.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Anybody have an idea where close by we might all conveniently converge before heading over to the staging area?

Old 05-23-2016, 02:21 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Let me know where everyone is going to meet up. Originally I was planning at meeting at C&C, but in reviewing the route plan I would be going severely out of the way to meet there since I'm coming from north Jersey and will becoming down 287 South to 78 West for approximately 2 hours. I will be coming past Allentown etc direction toward the show.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:48 PM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

we can probably manage 2 caravans. one from the south for the MD/VA/South Central PA crew that is coming up and another for the Philly Area/NJ people.

We can then all meet somewhere in Harrisburg then drive over to staging area together.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:58 PM

we can probably manage 2 caravans. one from the south for the MD/VA/South Central PA crew that is coming up and another for the Philly Area/NJ people.

We can then all meet somewhere in Harrisburg then drive over to staging area together.
Sounds like a plan to me..

Old 05-23-2016, 04:09 PM

For the people coming from the Philly/NJ area - what about meeting and leaving from the cars and coffee in West Chester, PA?

Old 05-23-2016, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

There is only two ways onto City Island where staging is. First is on the Harrisburg side and the other on the West Shore "Lemoyne/Camp Hill"side. for those running the Pa Turnpike from east or west, get off at the Harrisburg West exit (not harrisburg east). That drops you onto I 83 North. get off at the very first exit on I-83 North immediately after you get onto it from the turnpike interchange. There is a gas station there Rutters or a Tom's. We can all meet there as the southern contingent will be coming up 83. We can then cut through to the west side bridge straight to city island.

The following users liked this post:
Unhingd (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mbourne
There is only two ways onto City Island where staging is. First is on the Harrisburg side and the other on the West Shore "Lemoyne/Camp Hill"side. for those running the Pa Turnpike from east or west, get off at the Harrisburg West exit (not harrisburg east). That drops you onto I 83 North. get off at the very first exit on I-83 North immediately after you get onto it from the turnpike interchange. There is a gas station there Rutters or a Tom's. We can all meet there as the southern contingent will be coming up 83. We can then cut through to the west side bridge straight to city island.
The website has me going 78W which turns into 81S for about 20 miles then getting off at 67A PA 230N/Cameron street then have about 3 miles through the city. Let me know where you want to meet up, just need an address to plug into GPS..

Thank you

Old 05-23-2016, 08:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Smoke Em
The website has me going 78W which turns into 81S for about 20 miles then getting off at 67A PA 230N/Cameron street then have about 3 miles through the city. Let me know where you want to meet up, just need an address to plug into GPS..

Thank you
Ah I forgot about the Northeast contingent. When your on 81 get onto 83S cross the river and take Exit 40 Limekiln Rd.

Meet spot: Sunoco gas station with a McDonalds:101 Limekiln Rd, New Cumberland, PA 17070

Old 05-23-2016, 08:07 PM

Ah I forgot about the Northeast contingent. When your on 81 get onto 83S cross the river and take Exit 40 Limekiln Rd.

Meet spot: Sunoco gas station with a McDonalds:101 Limekiln Rd, New Cumberland, PA 17070
Thanks Marko.. Gotcha.. I will be at the Sunoco with the McDonalds, just have to organize a time. I have about a 2 hour and 45 min ride so need to schedule my departure time accordingly. Thank you for the address.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:37 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

So you guys Philly and east, are you meeting up in West Chester?

Let me know when you leave West Chester and I'll tag along as you approach Lancaster.

Then it sounds like everyone is meeting up just before we enter the show in New Cumberland. Do I have this right?

Old 05-24-2016, 06:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Kief

Then it sounds like everyone is meeting up just before we enter the show in New Cumberland. Do I have this right?
That's my understanding.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:36 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
That's my understanding.
Chase. What time should we really all get into city island. It says to arrive by 11, but what optimal time do you recommend for your contacts planning purposes? We can the plan timing from there.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Chase. What time should we really all get into city island. It says to arrive by 11, but what optimal time do you recommend for your contacts planning purposes? We can the plan timing from there.
I had planned on getting there between 8 and 9 since it says show up between 8-11, and I assume it will be a pain in the *** to get a good spot the later you show up (especially as a group). Plus, they're providing "breakfast" and a loudest exhaust event or something. I also plan on bringing some waterless wash product to wipe the car down....

But I can adjust fire if the group is showing up later.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by 1MadCat
I had planned on getting there between 8 and 9 since it says show up between 8-11, and I assume it will be a pain in the *** to get a good spot the later you show up (especially as a group). Plus, they're providing "breakfast" and a loudest exhaust event or something. I also plan on bringing some waterless wash product to wipe the car down....

But I can adjust fire if the group is showing up later.
8-11 is just for the staging ... Cars don't start leaving from the staging area until 11

Old 05-24-2016, 08:51 PM

As much as I would have to agree with MadCat (only because that would mean I would have to leave about 5:30AM to be there at that time) that between 8 and 9 would be best leaning toward 9 so we can get a spot all together versus filling in later in the time. It says they will start bringing cars over in groups of 20 to 30 from 8 to 11, then the show starts at 12 to 3:30.. Let me know as I will be meeting you guys at the Sunoco. Are we going to have some way to get in touch with the other drivers (radios or cell#) I just want to make sure we can coordinate with each other on our route there.

Thanks

Old 07-08-2016, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member

Figured it was time to update the thread as the 30th is not that far away. From the updates I've been getting from the organisers they are looking at a great turnout. Plan is still to meet in advance of heading into City Island for registration. They are also having at registration a loudest/best noise competition that all are welcome to participate in...hehehehehehe wonder if we can give folks a run for their money?

Old 07-08-2016, 08:58 PM

30th will be here before we know it. Yup still planning on meeting in advance if you guys want to park them close together. It would be nice to see if the Jag can give one of those other cars a run for their money. Should quickly install 200 cats and see how that sounds.. I'm actually going to meet with a couple installers about a potential wrap for the show since there are a few folks participating in the art theme. I'm going to try and gear it around the cancer theme since it is what the show is all about. Hopefully I have good luck this weekend with these places... Let me know if meeting in advance...

Quick Reply: Supercars on State St. July 30th. Harrisburg, PA