F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supersprint exhaust now available for F Type R

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 02:19 PM
Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Turko
It sounds like you want the entire exhaust system, exhaust cans, the 65mm piping, the sport cats and you desire the headers for the V8 engine.

The headers are not yet developed. They will be released in a couple of months.
I can get you a price ( 40% discount ) for everything I've listed here and get you an estimated cost to ship to Poland.
My wife if from Poland, Ania. Her sister is Magda. Fantastic country !
Transportation from Italy to Poland is not a problem (we have a lot of local cheap forwarders).
From my calculataion everything (excluding headers) would cost EU citizen: 8564eur less 40% promo discount, so final total would be 5138eur plus delivery.
I have to admit - in my opinion - it is hefty price for European "standards" (excluding hypercars owners).

I know that Supersprint is in the different league then Velocity AP valvetronic exhaust but still...even before Black Friday it costs 50% of already discounted Supersprint.

Can't imagine somebody paying for it full retail price.

This is not my criticism - just fact checker.

Greetings from Krakow!

Old 07-23-2021, 02:32 PM
Received 223 Likes on 125 Posts
Default My honest thoughts......

Originally Posted by Guardian
Transportation from Italy to Poland is not a problem (we have a lot of local cheap forwarders).
From my calculataion everything (excluding headers) would cost EU citizen: 8564eur less 40% promo discount, so final total would be 5138eur plus delivery.
I have to admit - in my opinion - it is hefty price for European "standards" (excluding hypercars owners).

I know that Supersprint is in the different league then Velocity AP valvetronic exhaust but still...even before Black Friday it costs 50% of already discounted Supersprint.

Can't imagine somebody paying for it full retail price.

This is not my criticism - just fact checker.

Greetings from Krakow!
I was a DINAN BMW sales rep in the past. If I had $1.00 USD for every time I heard the American market "potential customer" moan & complain about Dinan being an overpriced product for BMW cars, I'd have a few thousand dollars in my pocket. Years ago, I learned that people want the best but when it comes to paying for the best that's entirely different story. That's when an older gentleman told me, many people have Cristal champagne taste buds but they're on the Budweiser budget. And just to be clear I am not disparaging anyone at all on this message board. I'm just saying what I've learned over the decades.
Dinan products were and still are bulletproof and they do exactly what they claim. The same goes for Supersprint Italy.
No other exhaust system provider has stated or can say, their exhaust system will increase your car's power by approximately 30 horsepower. With headers added, the F Type R Will be well over 600 horsepower ! Without altering anything with the motor or it's ECU.
We can easily buy a pair of blue jeans from Walmart for $40 dollars and then there are $550 dollar blue jean pants at Neiman Marcus. They're both blue jeans. One must see value in whatever they purchase.
Thank you guys!

Last edited by Turko; 07-23-2021 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-23-2021, 08:20 PM
Default Info on the two offered systems

The Cat back system is made by the following parts / item#.

1. Cat-back system with silver chrome tips.

2. Cat-back system with gun metal grey tips

3. Rear muffler system with silver chrome tips.

4. Rear muffler system with gun metal grey tips.

For better understanding which parts, please refer to the Supersprint application chart, as posted in the website.

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/sp...-r-50l-v8.aspx

1. Cat-back system with silver chrome tips ..........MSRP Euro 3.727

2. Cat-back system with gun metal grey tips ........MSRP Euro 3.847

Last edited by Turko; 07-24-2021 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-24-2021, 12:21 PM
Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

No other exhaust system provider has stated or can say, their exhaust system will increase your car's power by approximately 30 horsepower...Without altering anything with the motor or it's ECU.
I agree. Please share with us Supersprint's dyno chart before/after to justify above statement.
Thank you.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:34 PM
Default Re: power

Dyno ...
Gentlemen, I believe most questions you can think of are clearly laidout explained in the thread. I tried my best to not leave anything out.
Here was the response regarding the Dyno situation.

Unfortunately due to our tight schedule we havent had the free time for dyno testing, as the timing schedule for our R&D work was extremely tight, with the F Type R model. The V6 F Type engine being the next scheduled project. The Covid pandemic severely impacted everything in Italy so we are trying to catch-up at this point in time.
Based on our 66 years of experience,
we estimate that the gains in performance from the full package Supersprint system will be in the range of 30hp, with a substantial increase in torque across the entire powerband.

I will ask again just in case of a misunderstanding of communication but I'm sure they did understand the first time I asked about the Dyno matter.

Last edited by Turko; 07-24-2021 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-24-2021, 04:32 PM
Received 115 Likes on 66 Posts

Sounds great at idle, however it's hard to discern the rev sound as it sounds as if the mic is just overpowered. Are there and clips outside the garage or drive by, launch etc? Also, a video with before and after would be nice encompassing in car, passby, launch idle etc would be a good sales driver as well as the aforementioned dyno before and after. It's just not worth it to me if the horsepower gain numbers are minimal. Thanks

Last edited by 19FRG; 07-24-2021 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 08:56 PM
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

"If I had $1.00 USD for every time I heard the American market "potential customer" moan & complain about Dinan being an overpriced product for BMW cars, I'd have a few thousand dollars in my pocket. Years ago, I learned that people want the best but when it comes to paying for the best that's entirely different story. That's when an older gentleman told me, many people have Cristal champagne taste buds but they're on the Budweiser budget. And just to be clear I am not disparaging anyone at all on this message board. I'm just saying what I've learned over the decades."

Turko...since posting this little statement, I've really tired to just ignore what you said....but I can't. I'm surprised as an ex-salesman, that you would make a comment like this about Americans, or for that matter, any other nationality. It's commonplace in the free world to argue pricing. especially on higher dollar items, in their respective grouping or class. And, in many countries, the wealthier customers (especially if they are first generation and had to accumulate that wealth, not inherit it), love to negotiate...it's an art form to them.

And finally, I have seen several cat back exhaust systems made in America, for American cars, claim to add 30hp. Somehow when dyno'd, they never quite hit the mark. Many of today's cars have a very well engineered OEM exhaust system and getting an additional 5% HP by simply installing your cat back system, would be remarkable. Show me a certified dyno report, before and after with no other modifications, I will consider your cat back system,,,,and just for the record, your highly discounted price for this item is still about $400-500 US higher than your competitor's system.

Old 07-26-2021, 09:07 PM
Default My view ...

Originally Posted by tzoid9
"If I had $1.00 USD for every time I heard the American market "potential customer" moan & complain about Dinan being an overpriced product for BMW cars, I'd have a few thousand dollars in my pocket. Years ago, I learned that people want the best but when it comes to paying for the best that's entirely different story. That's when an older gentleman told me, many people have Cristal champagne taste buds but they're on the Budweiser budget. And just to be clear I am not disparaging anyone at all on this message board. I'm just saying what I've learned over the decades."

Turko...since posting this little statement, I've really tired to just ignore what you said....but I can't. I'm surprised as an ex-salesman, that you would make a comment like this about Americans, or for that matter, any other nationality. It's commonplace in the free world to argue pricing. especially on higher dollar items, in their respective grouping or class. And, in many countries, the wealthier customers (especially if they are first generation and had to accumulate that wealth, not inherit it), love to negotiate...it's an art form to them.

And finally, I have seen several cat back exhaust systems made in America, for American cars, claim to add 30hp. Somehow when dyno'd, they never quite hit the mark. Many of today's cars have a very well engineered OEM exhaust system and getting an additional 5% HP by simply installing your cat back system, would be remarkable. Show me a certified dyno report, before and after with no other modifications, I will consider your cat back system,,,,and just for the record, your highly discounted price for this item is still about $400-500 US higher than your competitor's system.
I'm just a straight forward no nonsense guy, thats all.

For the record, I sense your not thrilled with a 40% offer discount since you feel compelled to mention other suppliers are less expensive.
You should know Supersprint originally set this special offer at a discounted rate of 35%. Because I have the best of intentions, that wasn't good enough for me, to offer to all the message board members, so I convinced Supersprint to bump up the discount to 40% for the first 5 customers who buy the complete package as it's being offering. I want whoever decides to purchase the exhaust system to be happy with their decision and choice. There's no need to try to push my buttons. No one is forcing ANYONE ... to purchase anything! As you mentioned, there are several other options and choices one can make.
Try going to Neiman Marcus and purchase a Brioni suit and tell them you want to negotiate, see how far that gets you.
Now you know, I felt compelled to respond back to you!
Let's just leave it at that. Lastly, I put all this together and I'm doing it for Free! I don't get paid to do this by Supersprint. I simply have the best of intentions hoping to help someone with a great deal.

Last edited by Turko; 07-26-2021 at 11:00 PM. Reason: I will amend my statement ...
Old 07-27-2021, 02:58 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

It all sounds too infomercial to me. First 5 customers 40% off isn't cool. I've never been a fan of pressure sales tactics, but then again, you were a salesman. I just don't like it. And for that reason, I'm out.

I do hope it's a great system and does what they claim. It does sound good in the videos. However, under load and constant highway speeds would be a more marketable video. Whoever does get this, I'd be interested in your review.

Old 07-27-2021, 03:01 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

THREAD CLOSED

This has gone far enough.

It is a thinly disguised advertising campaign for SUPERSPRINT. The place for that is their own website.

Everyone who is remotely interested must by now be fully aware of all the details and there is nothing to be added.

Graham

The following 5 users liked this post by GGG:
dangelesmd (12-08-2021), J444G (07-27-2021), JacksonvilleJag (07-28-2021), SVR 575 (07-27-2021), tzoid9 (07-27-2021)
Old 07-29-2021, 05:54 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Several members have raised doubts about this thread and the motives for Turko posting about Supersprint Italy. I shared these reservations and have had a lengthy exchange of forum PM's (Private Messages) with Turko over the last two days to clarify his connection (if any) with Supersprint Italy. I am satisfied he is not acting as their agent nor in any way connected with or benefiting from sales.

Turko has asked me to post further details regarding the horsepower increase question and I've agreed although the thread will remain locked for the moment.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>INSERT STARTS

.........Hello Turko,
The Race mufflers are not ready yet; the photos will be posted as soon as possible. In anticipation, please notice that they will have a layout similar to the existing Race mufflers of the 2009-20014 XKR. See pictures below.

The race mufflers will be lighter in weight than the Touring version, about as loud as the Touring mufflers when in the open valve mode, BUT considerably louder then these, when in the closed valve mode.

Turko,
Unfortunately we opted not to do any dyno testing on this particular F-Type R testbed car, since the owner no longer had his stock catalytics. He had sport cats from another provider, Not Supersprint sport cats. He chose to keep those cats. It would have made sense if we could have tested the car with stock OEM everything, then with the Supersprint full exhaust system in place.

The assumption about gains being in the range of + 30 hp is NOT out of place, since that is what we have EASILY MADE on other S/C V8 engines, with a similar Supersprint exhaust design.

Anyway, we will certainly do a complete, back to back dyno session, as soon as another F-Type R owner will come to our Factory. In the meantime, please IF YOU CHOOSE, feel free to disregard or put on hold the claims on the performance increase.

Hi Turko,
Just for reference, here is the link to the dyno chart of the Supersprint exhaust for the 2014-2017 RR Sport 5.0L V8 S/C.

We do not have a dyno chart available for the stock exhaust, as this car had only been tested with the Supersprint full exhaust in place. In terms of peak hp, this car made 523hp (510 hp is what the Factory claims for the stock engine, although the figures are often overrated, by a slight amount). However, what is more important, is the torque curve, which peaks at 678 Nm (625 Nm stock); a nice, flat curve that stays constant from 2200 to 5400.

Given that the Jaguar F-Type R shares the same engine. Realistically, I would expect similar gains from the Supersprint exhaust system for the F Type R sports car.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<INSERT ENDS

At this time, the above is for information only and the thread is NOT open for further posts.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
DJS (07-29-2021)