F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supplies needed to upgrade 2018 infotainment to 10" OEM screen

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2023, 11:05 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Supplies needed to upgrade 2018 infotainment to 10" OEM screen

I currently have a 2018 F-Type R, with the 8" In Control Touch Pro system. I'd like to attempt to upgrade to the 10" model with CarPlay/AndroidAuto - I know there have been a number of threads here about doing this, but unfortunately often they end up stalling due to needing to update the CCF. I'd like to purchase all the supplies needed to give this a try myself (am a software dev by trade so not afraid to get my hands dirty with some technical stuff)

Main reference thread:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...trofit-254670/

So far I have gathered I need:

Hardware:
  • GX63-19C299-AC - 10" Infotainment screen
  • T2R38268 / KX53-047A04-AC, Outer screen bezel (the shiny black part you see)
  • T2R26653 / KX53-10F838-AA, Bracket cover (the inner bracket that the display attaches too)
For updating CCF/running PathfinderActual updating of CCF (from: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...#post2177585):
There is only one entry that determines whether you have an 8” or 10.2” screen, and whether it is single or dual view. By default, SDD does not present the correct UI to allow you to configure this entry so you need to edit the schema to make it available.

The entry for the screen variant is:

Name: MultiCAN 467
Byte: 466 (This means it is the 466th byte of data in the CCF data block. This may be different for your car, so make a note of the byte from your file.)
Note this is a multi-entry byte, and we only want bits 0-3.
The parameter for bits 0-3 is called PARAM_MCAN_FRNT_DISP_VARIANT.
You will likely only see values for 00, 04, 05 and 0F in the schema. Replace them all with the following:
00 (0000) Not supported
02 (0010) 8 inch single view
03 (0011) 8 inch dual view
04 (0100) 10.2 inch single view
05 (0101) 10.2 inch dual view
0F (1111) Error
Does all of this sound correct? My hope is to be able to document the whole process of doing this so other folks in the USA can also get this upgrade done However, I want to confirm before I go down the rabbit hole and start spending money 😅 Any help from the more experienced here would be great, thank you!

Tommy

Old 05-22-2023, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This does look correct to me. I have the screen etc but hoping to see someone in the US do the software changes.

I know there is someone in the UK who does this and I can point you their way if you get stuck so they can potentially help.

Hoping to see more positive updates

Old 05-22-2023, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by twobuckchuck
This does look correct to me. I have the screen etc but hoping to see someone in the US do the software changes.

I know there is someone in the UK who does this and I can point you their way if you get stuck so they can potentially help.

Hoping to see more positive updates
Thanks! I'll start gathering the parts and if (when, heh) I run into obstacles I may give you a PM

Old 05-24-2023, 05:56 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I am very interested in this as well here in the US. Last year I purchased the UAD unit, and had nothing but issues with it after an update…worked with UAD for months on end trouble shooting, then eventually was given a return auth, sent it back, let them know multiple times it was there sitting at their local depot needing customs payment (thought I needed to pay customs come to find out they needed to). It now is currently being returned to sender and UAD wants me to try and re send it back…needless to say I am not going to go through all that again and just use it with all the bugs it currently has…sorry for the rant but needed to get that off my chest lol. Pretty disappointed in UAD not willing to send me a new unit after this whole ordeal…so def not recommending them anymore to anyone on the forums.

Old 05-24-2023, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Blacks18
I am very interested in this as well here in the US. Last year I purchased the UAD unit, and had nothing but issues with it after an update…worked with UAD for months on end trouble shooting, then eventually was given a return auth, sent it back, let them know multiple times it was there sitting at their local depot needing customs payment (thought I needed to pay customs come to find out they needed to). It now is currently being returned to sender and UAD wants me to try and re send it back…needless to say I am not going to go through all that again and just use it with all the bugs it currently has…sorry for the rant but needed to get that off my chest lol. Pretty disappointed in UAD not willing to send me a new unit after this whole ordeal…so def not recommending them anymore to anyone on the forums.
Sorry to hear about the issues with UAD's unit :\ will definitely update you when I give it a try!

The following users liked this post:
Blacks18 (05-24-2023)
Old 06-28-2024, 05:57 PM
Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Has anyone in US had luck with getting the CCF update done at a dealer or any 3rd party? So far all the places I called said they don’t do such Pathfinder software modifications and the local dealer wouldn’t do it either.