F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supply source for cargo liner / mat, for 2016 F type in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default supply source for cargo liner / mat, for 2016 F type in Canada

For my 2016 F Type base, coupe, 6 speed mt, looking to buy a cargo mat for the "trunk", to protect the existing carpet in the trunk. My usual source (Weather Tech in the US), that ships to Canada, does not yet make the cargo mats for the F Type. I have found a couple other sites in the US, but they do not ship to Canada. Any Canadian F Type owners that have bought a cargo mat from a supply source in Canada? Look forward to your return words of wisdom. TKS!

Old 08-25-2015, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

There's one in the Jaguar accessories catalog, but it's expensive. No help from me though: I'm in the US.

I checked Weather Tech first too. Their products are known good quality.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by lizzardo
There's one in the Jaguar accessories catalog, but it's expensive. No help from me though: I'm in the US.

I checked Weather Tech first too. Their products are known good quality.
Thanks. Yes, saw that Jag does sell their own cargo liner, but very expensive for what you get. Aftermarket liners usually better quality and much better priced. Will wait and see where the Canadian contingent has purchased and / or found where they can purchase from / have shipped to Canada.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:50 AM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

I couldn't find an alternate anywhere, so asked my son for it for Fathers Day.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just received a trunk mat for my 2015 Coupe from Autoanything.com. It is a Lloyd Mat. That being said it is not plush carpet and does not cover the entire trunk region. It was $79.00 including shipping US. It suits my needs though. Hope this helps.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:20 PM
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by teacoff
Thanks. Yes, saw that Jag does sell their own cargo liner, but very expensive for what you get. Aftermarket liners usually better quality and much better priced. Will wait and see where the Canadian contingent has purchased and / or found where they can purchase from / have shipped to Canada.
Check out Northern Performance. It's in Burlington, Ontario. They're the Canadian distributors for Weather Tech. You might want to call them to ask specific questions. I've found they have more when you call than they seem to list on the website.
northernperformance.ca

Old 08-25-2015, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by FD9NY
I just received a trunk mat for my 2015 Coupe from Autoanything.com. It is a Lloyd Mat. That being said it is not plush carpet and does not cover the entire trunk region. It was $79.00 including shipping US. It suits my needs though. Hope this helps.

Thanks, but I already had checked that source and unfortunately they do not ship to Canada.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by F-TypeRookie
Check out Northern Performance. It's in Burlington, Ontario. They're the Canadian distributors for Weather Tech. You might want to call them to ask specific questions. I've found they have more when you call than they seem to list on the website.
northernperformance.ca

Thanks, but have already checked them out, as they have been my Cdn supplier of mats / trunk liners in the past for our other cars. You have rightly noted that they are the Cdn distributors for Weather Tech, but confirmed that Weather Tech does not yet make cargo liners for the F Type.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Received 104 Likes on 50 Posts

I went the cheapo route. I purchased a pair of clear floormats from Autozone for $10.00 and then used my original mats as templates to cutout the shape. I drilled out holes in the clear mats for the OEM attachments. The new clear covers sit on top of my OEM floormats. Looks acceptable and can be taken out easily. I put them in for the drive to Monterey Car Week since parking is usually on (wet) grass, sand and dirt. Worked well. Maybe you can do the same for the cargo mats using clear plastic carpet liner.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:19 PM

Good idea. Thanks. My preference is for a "real" trunk mat. But if I cannot source in Canada, may resort to your suggestion. Good idea you had though.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

Did anyone (besides me) fill out the product request form on WeatherTech's site? I doubt they'll have anything before I bite the bullet and buy from Jaguar, but if no one requests them, they won't get made.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

For my 2016 F Type base, coupe, 6 speed mt, looking to buy a cargo mat for the "trunk", to protect the existing carpet in the trunk. My usual source (Weather Tech in the US), that ships to Canada, does not yet make the cargo mats for the F Type. I have found a couple other sites in the US, but they do not ship to Canada. Any Canadian F Type owners that have bought a cargo mat from a supply source in Canada? Look forward to your return words of wisdom. TKS!
A quick google shows this company will ship to Canada.

Lloyd Mats RUBBERTITE Rubber Floor Mats

LLoyds rubbertite mats look similar in idea to WeatherTech, and they make plenty of other types of mats as well. Available as either a pair of regular mats or for the F Type coupe rear cargo area.

Though I've never used this brand (Lloyd) it look like they make some pretty high quality mats.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by mshedden

LLoyds rubbertite mats look similar in idea to WeatherTech, and they make plenty of other types of mats as well. Available as either a pair of regular mats or for the F Type coupe rear cargo area.

Though I've never used this brand (Lloyd) it look like they make some pretty high quality mats.
I have never purchased their rubber mats, but Lloyd does produce very high-quality mats. I think it would be safe to assume that their rubber products would be at least equal to Weathertech.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Did anyone (besides me) fill out the product request form on WeatherTech's site? I doubt they'll have anything before I bite the bullet and buy from Jaguar, but if no one requests them, they won't get made.

Yes, I as well filled out the product request form.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:56 AM

Thanks for the heads-up on the Lloyds link ! Went to their website and yes, they do look to make very nice product offerings. And, as you have rightly noted, they ship to Canada! Though you can select trunk liners (and front floor mats which I already have from Jag) by manufacturer, they do have custom fit trunk mats for several Jag models but unfortunately not for the F type. However, they do have a universal trunk mat that is designed to be trimmed to fit to size. But, since the F Type coupe trunk floor has unequal dimensions on all sides and has also raised portions, may be difficult to cut to size so that it fits and looks professional. But, if I cannot source from Canada a custom sized trunk mat, the Lloyds seems like the way to go. Thanks again!

Old 08-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

A note of caution to anyone wanting to purchase front mats. The 2014-15 front F-Type mats do not fit the 2016. (anchoring holes are spaced differently)

The following users liked this post:
bb_sam (10-19-2015)
Old 08-26-2015, 12:33 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
A note of caution to anyone wanting to purchase front mats. The 2014-15 front F-Type mats do not fit the 2016. (anchoring holes are spaced differently)
There are also differences between the AWD and RWD models on the mats. I noticed that the part numbers were different when I was considering buying some all weather mats from another forum member a month or two back. Though this may be the same as what you're referring to as well.

Old 08-26-2015, 04:42 PM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up on the Lloyds link ! Went to their website and yes, they do look to make very nice product offerings. And, as you have rightly noted, they ship to Canada! Though you can select trunk liners (and front floor mats which I already have from Jag) by manufacturer, they do have custom fit trunk mats for several Jag models but unfortunately not for the F type. However, they do have a universal trunk mat that is designed to be trimmed to fit to size. But, since the F Type coupe trunk floor has unequal dimensions on all sides and has also raised portions, may be difficult to cut to size so that it fits and looks professional. But, if I cannot source from Canada a custom sized trunk mat, the Lloyds seems like the way to go. Thanks again!
By clicking the link I posted, and then selecting 'Order' at the top of the page you are then taken to a page that allows you to enter the year, make and model and submodel, and 2016, Jaguar, F-Type, Coupe is a valid option, so they have one to fit. There definitely are other areas of the site that do not list the Ftype as an option, but if you do as above, you can!

Old 08-26-2015, 05:11 PM

By clicking the link I posted, and then selecting 'Order' at the top of the page you are then taken to a page that allows you to enter the year, make and model and submodel, and 2016, Jaguar, F-Type, Coupe is a valid option, so they have one to fit. There definitely are other areas of the site that do not list the Ftype as an option, but if you do as above, you can!
Thank you very much for the clarification. Weird how that specific link allows you to order a truck mat specific for the F Type but not when you go into mats etc. and choose Jaguar but F Type does not show up in the models it has mats for. In any case, works and I have ordered accordingly. Thank you again for your assistance!

Old 10-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

i have one listed in the classifieds section
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/p...nk-mat-146826/

Quick Reply: supply source for cargo liner / mat, for 2016 F type in Canada